Tom Lawrence - A new injury sustained in training. “Out until at least after the World Cup”

Unbelievable the injuries we get now.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with his injury, but I think we're starting to really see the impact of the thugs in Scottish football on our players. You don't have to leave the park straight away for a bad injury to have happened. The way our players are treated compared to most teams is Unbelievable.

Step up and play Arf! Now the only player we have to break the lines

At least we will have a team of “like new signings” ready to come back in 2023!!

Hagi, Helander, Souttar, Lawrence, Roofe and i’m probably forgetting someone.

It’s a new injury not everything requires a criticism of the club.
Gutted for the boy he looked like he was going to be a fixture.
Seriously how can anyone defend the record of our physio /medical team. They are absolutely hopeless at getting players back to full fitness. Been the case for years now and it never appears to be flagged up.

Feel for the lad. Gutted he’ll miss out on European nights. Let’s secure at least 3rd for him. On the flip side we have an easier run of games in the league up to the World Cup

So that’s helander , souttar and Lawrence picked up serious injuries since the start of pre season alongside hagi . We really are gonna be glad of this 6 week break time the World Cup starts . Might end up saving our season
Helander won’t play for Rangers again, Souttar will you know what you are getting when you buy something that’s broke and unfixable. Hagi would’ve been lucky to feature at all this season seriously - Lawrence just twists the knife even further though, sickener.

Seem to be far too many now. Eyes must be on the medical team at some point. Cant be bad luck this often with players FFS.

At what point do we start to say it’s not just bad luck and there’s something wrong with either our training or recovery process . Not like any of our injuries have really came from a horror tackle.

I said at start of season I wonder if our fitness levels were so high last season that the drop during the off season then trying to reach those levels again could cause injuries

Seriously how can anyone defend the record of our physio /medical team. They are absolutely hopeless at getting players back to full fitness. Been the case for years now and it never appears to be flagged up.
Are you a Dr/physio?

I'd put money on it being:

"rest for 4 weeks and see"
ok
"that needs surgery"

nothing surer, might be paranoid but I feel this is a post Gerrard issue.

Maybe it’s just because it’s my team and I only really care about us, but who else gets as many key players injured as us? New signings never seem to just come in a hit the ground running.

You have to laugh.

We are either cursed when it comes to injuries or we have an awful medical team.

So that's Lawrence, Hagi, Souttar and Helander all out until after the world cup minimum.

Helander won’t play for Rangers again, Souttar will you know what you are getting when you buy something that’s broke and unfixable. Hagi would’ve been lucky to feature at all this season seriously - Lawrence just twists the knife even further though, sickener.
That’s a bold statement to say helander won’t play for us again unless you know something

What was the original injury and what is this new injury?

Be nice if we were actually told. Cant actually think of a single reason as to why it’s not divulged

something must be happening in training for our players to constanly drop like flies and get serious injuries. I cannot remember the last player to get a short term injury for us that didnt turn out to be long term

Couple of posters being smart arses last week when I questioned the whole “he is out until international break” but was unavailable for Saturday

Looks like my point about us constantly saying players are out for a few weeks then transpires it’s months was spot on

It’s a joke how many long term injuries we carry, too often this is happening to our players and you need to wonder about our medical dept

With Souttar, if your neighbour has a car that you constantly see break down, would you go and buy it off him?

We got what we deserved with that one

A blow indeed, because the lad has been our most astute signing for a while and brings what's needed to our midfield ,can play a bit ,an eye for goal and can put himself about.

Couple of posters being smart arses last week when I questioned the whole “he is out until international break” but was unavailable for Saturday

Looks like my point about us constantly saying players are out for a few weeks then transpires it’s months was spot on

It’s a joke how many long term injuries we carry, too often this is happening to our players and you need to wonder about our medical dept
You asked a question and it was answered.

This a new injury.

Back