Tom Lawrence - A new injury sustained in training. “Out until at least after the World Cup”

If it was an isolated incident you'd say it's unlucky. But there can't be another professional club out there that can come anywhere close to our 'luck' with injuries. Something somewhere doesn't work, whether it's medical staff, equipment, who knows.

As for the “new injury”

Is this the same as Alfredo last season being “injured on international duty”

Mind that time every one said we needed another midfielder incase Lawrence got injured and we weren’t able to rely on Tillman for 50 games this year?

Woe is me.

That is fxxking awful news.

Step up Scott Arfield - he can score big goals.

Maybe also need to consider a Colak / Morelos partnership for games v domestic dross.

I know it's probably not their fault but I'd be happy if we cleaned house in our medical department and brought in some new faces.

This happens too often.
Folk have been saying the same for 30 years. Its not like we've had the same staff throughout. In fact, many of Gerrards medical team have moved on for example.

As you acknowledge, 'it's not their fault' when it comes to players getting injuries. Guy gets a new injury in training is hardly anything to do with the medical team. Injured players passing medicals before signing might be a different issue, but we will never really know.

Unbelievable the injuries we get now.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with his injury, but I think we're starting to really see the impact of the thugs in Scottish football on our players. You don't have to leave the park straight away for a bad injury to have happened. The way our players are treated compared to most teams is Unbelievable.
Cant recall any bad tackles that put any of our long term injuries out, Hagi was a nothing challange against Stirling Albion and unfortunately the rest are just injury prone which we knew before we signed them

That's just great.

We have a favourable run of games until then but we are playing twice a week and Arfield isnt shy of picking up an injury either.

Tillman will need to step up a bit.

Any update on Roofe who’s been in training for weeks now or Lowry ?

I feel gios very cautious with injuries . Look at Ramsey as an example (I know) I feel gio won’t play someone until he feels they are 100% fully fit . Prob adds weeks to recovery process but

After the World Cup is the new 10 days isn’t it.
We are a better team with him in it and he won’t even have reached his best

Be interesting to hear what the new injury is

Clearly a serious one if he’s likely out for months.

Suspect we’ll end up hearing he’ll miss most of the season now given our luck
Wouldn't dismiss this. Drip feed us timelines, instead of a big bad headline, out for the season type number. Grim

Didn't expect to see him back before then tbh anyway given our history with injury recovery times.
Just typical.

With Souttar, if your neighbour has a car that you constantly see break down, would you go and buy it off him?

We got what we deserved with that one

Exactly, but he’ll be on buttons and low risk that’s the way the Ross Wilson will have seen it.

Season over if true.
Depends on the grade and recovery obv

Grade 1: A mild strain where only a few of the muscle fibers are strained. This usually takes 1-3 weeks for recovery. Often this grade of strain has little pain and does not impair functional activity.
Grade 2: A moderate strain where more muscle fibers are torn but there is not a complete rupture. This usually takes 4-8 weeks for recovery and the individual can feel significant pain and loss of normal function of the calf muscle due to pain.
Grade 3: A severe tear where most of the muscle fibers are torn and can cause a complete rupture of the muscle. This usually takes 8-12 weeks recovery depending on the severity

You're laughably hinting at some sort of conspiracy.

He's picked up a new injury.

He was training last week and was coming back to fitness from the knee injury.
Cool.
Who said conspiracy?
I am saying we ran Alfredo into the ground and injured him, then passed the buck onto Colombia.

I’m also saying our injury record in the last 18 months is abysmal.

Worst news ever, we need his threat in the middle. We need to upgrade on Jack & Arfield badly.
Lowry back soon and I would keep him and McCann in 1st team squad.
Whatever happens, Lawrence is injured can't change it. Roll up sleeves and get on with it

Christ sake. I hope any of our medical department fancy a job as a horse trainer as the thoroughbreds would all end up at the glue factory.

What in the name of feck is going on - can't just be coincidence.

Back