Official Leggoland blog latest! - Jock Stein was a thief!

mdingwall

Administrator

Here is what is on offer this week.

JOCK STEIN WAS A THIEF

ARCHIE MACPHERSON has written another book which heaps praise on Jock Stein, while once again ignoring Stein’s faults as a degenerate gambler, serial sexual philanderer and, as I can exclusively reveal, a thief who stole from one of his most famous players.

SFA COWARDS

USELESS YOUSAF

BBC MAN CAMPBELL HATES THE PM

BURN IN HELL

THERE was a marvellous story last week about the atmosphere in Scotland being polluted by the burning of millions of tons of waste, all despite the Nationalist/Greens/Marxist coalition obsession with creating a so-called “net zero” society.

Stein was a horrible man, in fact was not at all popular with the players. You’ll never read or hear anyone, including his best pal Archie, say he was a nice guy.
His treatment of a player, can’t remember if it was George Connolly or John Hughes, who’s wife had suffered a miscarriage was disgusting.

"Degenerate gambler"

I heard Alan Brazil talking about when he was in the Scotland team, Stein heard of Brazil having a tip and hab got odds, well before the race - I think it was something ridiculous like 20/1

Stein wanted in on the bet, Brazil said no, and was subsequently dropped for the next match, despite being in good scoring form and Stein previously telling him he would be first choice striker

"We were on a post-season tour to America in 1966 and my first wife, Mary, was pregnant at the time,” he said. “I used to phone home every five or six days.

“Then I bumped into the sports reporter Ken Gallacher one morning and he said: 'Sorry to hear your news.’ I didn’t know what he was talking about until he told me that Mary had had a miscarriage four days earlier.

“Jock knew but he hadn’t told me, so make your own mind up about that. When I asked him about it, he said: 'Ach, what could you do about it, anyway? You’re here and she’s there.’ ”

- John Hughes

"Degenerate gambler"

I heard Alan Brazil talking about when he was in the Scotland team, Stein heard of Brazil having a tip and hab got odds, well before the race - I think it was something ridiculous like 20/1

Stein wanted in on the bet, Brazil said no, and was subsequently dropped for the next match, despite being in good scoring form and Stein previously telling him he would be first choice striker
It was Teenoso at 33-1 for the Derby, before Lester Piggot was announced to be riding it. Ended up 3-1 favourite. Brazil got £100 each way down on it.

"We were on a post-season tour to America in 1966 and my first wife, Mary, was pregnant at the time,” he said. “I used to phone home every five or six days.

“Then I bumped into the sports reporter Ken Gallacher one morning and he said: 'Sorry to hear your news.’ I didn’t know what he was talking about until he told me that Mary had had a miscarriage four days earlier.

“Jock knew but he hadn’t told me, so make your own mind up about that. When I asked him about it, he said: 'Ach, what could you do about it, anyway? You’re here and she’s there.’ ”

- John Hughes
He knew a lot. Had a habit of saying nothing.

The thing with Archie is, he has stated on many occasions, Stein was Celtic, he knew absolutely everything that was going on at the club, I heard him say on Radio Clyde many years ago, if there was a cleaner off sick then he knew about it, if there was a seat needing repaired in the main stand then big Jock would have known about it.

He didn’t know about the biggest scandal that would plague his horrific club for decades to come though :rolleyes:

But, but, but…Big bawheid is a saint.
The thing with Archie is, he has stated on many occasions, Stein was Celtic, he knew absolutely everything that was going on at the club, I heard him say on Radio Clyde many years ago, if there was a cleaner off sick then he knew about it, if there was a seat needing repaired in the main stand then big Jock would have known about it.

He didn’t know about the biggest scandal that would plague his horrific club for decades to come though :rolleyes:
Wouldn't surprise me if he was up this eyes in it. Kicking Torbett down some stairs for getting caught?

Stein was a horrible man, in fact was not at all popular with the players. You’ll never read or hear anyone, including his best pal Archie, say he was a nice guy.
His treatment of a player, can’t remember if it was George Connolly or John Hughes, who’s wife had suffered a miscarriage was disgusting.
Wasn't he poking one of his players' wives too?

"Degenerate gambler"

It was Teenoso at 33-1 for the Derby, before Lester Piggot was announced to be riding it. Ended up 3-1 favourite. Brazil got £100 each way down on it.
Not sure Brazil played again for Scotland after that but Brazil was laughing when he tells it. I’d be raging if I was dropped because of that and I was one form

JOCK STEIN WAS A THIEF

ARCHIE MACPHERSON has written another book which heaps praise on Jock Stein, while once again ignoring Stein’s faults as a degenerate gambler, serial sexual philanderer and, as I can exclusively reveal, a thief who stole from one of his most famous players.

SFA COWARDS

USELESS YOUSAF

BURN IN HELL

THERE was a marvellous story last week about the atmosphere in Scotland being polluted by the burning of millions of tons of waste, all despite the Nationalist/Greens/Marxist coalition obsession with creating a so-called “net zero” society.
The late John Hughes certainly had little fondness for Jock Stein and with good reason.

You don't hear much from the Tims shouting that Stein should get a Knighthood for winning the European Cup these days! Kind of tells its own story
I can’t remember them ever saying he should be given a knighthood.
I think the fact that Knighthoods are awarded by the King and the fact that Jock Stein is dead (you can’t be posthumously knighted) might temper any shouts from them.

Souness told a story about asking Archie Gemmill to go and ask Stein if the players could extend the bar curfew. Gemmill knocks on Stein’s hotel bedroom door a few times. Eventually an irate Stein answers, clad only in a towel, whilst his floozie watches on from the bed. Stein gives Archie short shrift (code for fk off ya wee nyaff) and Gemmill never plays for Scotland again.

- John Hughes
So he knew .Despicable man doing that to a player.

JOCK STEIN WAS A THIEF

SFA COWARDS

USELESS YOUSAF

BURN IN HELL

A great read well worth the Subscription

They don’t tend to talk about that so much nowadays… I’m sure I remember McNeill in an interview around their centenary talking about how, “Jock could hear the grass grow at Parkhead”.

Deviant bastards that they are.

Interesting to reflect that Brazil, Gemmill, Hughes all copping the rough end of Stein.

You never hear of Souness or Dalglish in these types of situations.
Maybe they were too streetwise to him, maybe they were in cahoots as they were very close - or maybe Stein just wouldn’t go near them?

Interesting to reflect that Brazil, Gemmill, Hughes all copping the rough end of Stein.

You never hear of Souness or Dalglish in these types of situations.
Maybe they were too streetwise to him, maybe they were in cahoots as they were very close - or maybe Stein just wouldn’t go near them?
Stein and Dalglish were the best of pals I’m sure. Souness would have been too wide for Stein to be fair, so he wouldn’t have got grief from him.

Stein liked to prey on the weaker members of his squad, he liked to be the bully. He’s certainly described very well as the degenerate gambler and the womaniser. Not a lot of people will deny that, certainly those who knew him closely wouldn’t have dared to speak badly of him, but they knew what he was like.

History, in the fullness of time, will not fare too kindly on BJK when all is said and done.

I made a post a few days ago regarding this and it was deleted but from memory he would send scouts away up north to watch games then go round their houses and threaten to sack their husbands if the wives didn't sleep with him.
Indeed. I know the player the rumours were about but didn't include it in my post in case it caused trouble. Apparently it let to fisty cuffs in the dressing room.

Stein and Dalglish were the best of pals I’m sure. Souness would have been too wide for Stein to be fair, so he wouldn’t have got grief from him.

Stein liked to prey on the weaker members of his squad, he liked to be the bully. He’s certainly described very well as the degenerate gambler and the womaniser. Not a lot of people will deny that, certainly those who knew him closely wouldn’t have dared to speak badly of him, but they knew what he was like.

History, in the fullness of time, will not fare too kindly on BJK when all is said and done.
The story of Souness getting Archie Gemmell to go and ask for the bar to be opened later alludes to Souness being cute enough to not put himself in the firing line. And I’m sure Souness & Dalglish looked after each other, rooming with Stein’s favourite probably provided a safety net.

It’ll all come out in the end - for all the man was a football pioneer in many ways, he was a bastard to those working around him.

Back