Rangers On Good Morning Britain

Tims to your computers, a wee segment there said first ever meeting despite history stretching back 150 years.
Must have been a tim involved at ITV the banners on screen as they are all in green and white:eek::D
first meeting at Anfield and fir competitive meeting

first meeting at Anfield and fir competitive meeting
Yeah was just going to post that. We have played 2 friendlies only.

I will add Walter Smiths testimonial. I was at the game and we won 1 nil thanks to McCoist. The thing that I remember was seb Rosenthal playing. Weirs what sticks in your mind

I will add Walter Smiths testimonial. I was at the game and we won 1 nil thanks to McCoist. The thing that I remember was seb Rosenthal playing. Weirs what sticks in your mind
the game robbie fowler played a half for both teams?

I was there. December 1981. Ronnie Whelan double beat us 2-0. The most recent game was around 2015 (I think?!), a Lee McCulloch goal gave Rangers a 1-0 victory. Charlie Adam played for Liverpool that night
kenny dalglish got one of their goals that night, whelan got the other as you said,charlie adam would have been in his pram at that time im sure

Was big Davie playing as well? :p

The thing that sticks in my mind is wee Reno putting Ince up in the air, the prick getting up acting the hard man and the Liverpool manager taking him straight off. Fucking delightful!

2 0 Liverpool?
Freezing cold night! At the time the players used to kick cheap footballs into the crowd before friendlies. I was only 14 and had gone to the game myself, was sitting in the govan front and when the players came out before ko big Bomber Jackson caught my eye and instead of kicking the ball as far into the crowd as he could, chipped it in my direction only for some old fud to dive over, push me out the way and grab the ball. Very unstaunch behaviour! :D

2008 game was Kenny Millers return to us from Derby after previously playing for the scum and wondering what sort of reception he'd get. Also an abiding memory from after the game was 2 pals walking by the back of the Govan after full time when they start flinging horse shit at each other :))

Freezing cold night! At the time the players used to kick cheap footballs into the crowd before friendlies. I was only 14 and had gone to the game myself, was sitting in the govan front and when the players came out before ko big Bomber Jackson caught my eye and instead of kicking the ball as far into the crowd as he could, chipped it in my direction only for some old fud to dive over, push me out the way and grab the ball. Very unstaunch behaviour! :D
sorry about that kid;)

We also played them in the benefit match for the great Rangers centre back Arthur Dixon in September 1923. Must have been quite an informal game as the match referee was the Rangers trainer George Livingstone, who had played for both clubs in his playing career. Around 10,000 fans attended, with the Rangers goal scored by Danish player Carl Hansen.

No competitive games, but a quick look back to the early years of Liverpool's existence and they played us in 3 friendlies in just over a year right at the end of the 19th century.

5th September 1898 Rangers 0 Liverpool 3, Ibrox. Attendance 6,000.
4th September 1899 Rangers 2 Liverpool 2, Ibrox. Attendance 5,000
26th December 1899, Liverpool 3 Rangers 2, Anfield. Attendance unknown.

I was there. December 1981. Ronnie Whelan double beat us 2-0. The most recent game was around 2015 (I think?!), a Lee McCulloch goal gave Rangers a 1-0 victory. Charlie Adam played for Liverpool that night
I was there in 1981 freezing night just a few days before xmas, I saw Dalglish score the first, whelan scored the other

I can remember us getting a doing in a pre season friendly with Liverpool full of great international players. Sat in the govan and Liverpool got a great reception on arrival at the front door and during the game if I recall.

At least 3 times. 2008 and 2011 along WS testimonial that comes to my mind.

My first game. Got the day off school!! Not a bad Liverpool side that day

Liverpool: Bruce Grobbelaar, Phil Neal, Alan Hansen, Phil Thompson, Mark Lawrenson, Craig Johnston, Graeme Souness, Sammy Lee, Ronnie Whelan, Kenny Dalglish, Ian Rush

I was there.The razzmatazz consisted of a group of cheerleaders and the crowd singing "get it up you while your young"
Freezing cold abd Liverpool dominated the game.It was good to see some great players at Ibrox though.
I was down the front of the Govan absolutely freezing cold.
Some team they had , Whelan was just breaking through and he looked so classy, Rush and Dalgleish up front.

I was down the front of the Govan absolutely freezing cold.
Some team they had , Whelan was just breaking through and he looked so classy, Rush and Dalgleish up front.
I was really impressed by Liverpool that night, the way they pressed, their movement, their passing was all excellent and we couldn’t get near them.

Back