Lewis Ferguson

Ferguson on a loan to buy in January would be a smart buy. Would fill in for one of they home grown slots in Europe as well, we will be losing quite a few of them this summer. Plus I think he starts next to lundstram over any other option currently.

He doesn't fill the club trained quota which is the bigger issue for us next summer with Mcgregor and McCrorie out of contract and likely to go.

People choose to forget that because he scored a couple of goals for Verona.

Young fella just turned 20 and had a ropey bit of form. Their manager then went with the experienced Stevenson for a spell.

Clearly was always a talented player. I am happy that we signed Ridvan who is a much better prospect but Doig wasn't "dreadful".

Came on for 10 minutes against Juventus last night. Not seen too much game time otherwise.

Doig is smashing it.

Would take Ferguson in January on a loan to buy no bother tbh. Especially with the Lawrence news.
Not sure about Ferguson but Doig seems to be doing well as you say. I’ve said before but I’ve liked Liam Henderson any time I’ve seen him for Empoli. It’s a great move for Scottish players as Hickey proved.

Young fella just turned 20 and had a ropey bit of form. Their manager then went with the experienced Stevenson for a spell.

Clearly was always a talented player. I am happy that we signed Ridvan who is a much better prospect but Doig wasn't "dreadful".
I'm certainly not saying he is a dreadful player but he had a dreadful season, before that he did show promise but for me had no final ball and I thought he was overrated bit still a decent enough talent.

Not sure about Ferguson but Doig seems to be doing well as you say. I’ve said before but I’ve liked Liam Henderson any time I’ve seen him for Empoli. It’s a great move for Scottish players as Hickey proved.

Not actually a huge Ferguson fan or nout - just think he ticks a couple of boxes: A) homegrown B) bit of a unit. Think our team is a bit soft since Aribo and Bassey left and he'd give you a bit more physicality.

Watched Watford at the weekend and saw big Hungbo come on at right wing for them. Another player from the SPFL last season I wouldn't be against taking. Would be class at us imo.

Eff me back to wanting Ferguson again, I was so glad when he sighed for Bologna I thought it would end that chat.

The obsession with him is unreal you can't escape threads on him every week or two.

And comparing him to Lawrence is fcking hilarious and plain dumb.

Maybe for the best you dont click on threads titled 'Lewis Ferguson' if you dont want to read about him.

I think that came on the back of some deals for him falling through as well. I think there was talk of him going to Leeds and then someone else and both never materialised.

He doesn't fill the club trained quota which is the bigger issue for us next summer with Mcgregor and McCrorie out of contract and likely to go.
The nation trained is also an issue. Jack and arfield’s contracts are up this summer, leaving just Scott Wright(who lets be honest isn’t good enough). There will need to be players brought in for both nation and club trained.

Doig has been playing like a left winger rather than a left back. That suggests they don’t feel he so defensively up to it yet.

Also takes time to find your feet in a new country. Just like Yilmaz with us, I wouldn't write him off yet.

It take some players time to find their feet in a new country, most take it in their stride.

Doig is doing well as the club have helped him settle in quickly. They have provided him and his girlfriend with an apartment in the centre of the city. She has enrolled at University to study for an arts/fashion degree.

Yilmaz signing is a strange one. At the cost of upwards of £5m I thought he was a cert to be given the shirt and the club try and oust Borna before the window closed. Is he finding settling in a new country with a new language difficult?

Doig was crap last season after a promising first season breakthrough but is playing well in this new and exciting phase of his career in Italy.

Yilmaz is a title winner and Turkish internationalist at only 21 but finding getting game time is almost impossible. Can't believe this was in the script when we sold the move to him. Warming the bench helps no one.

I hope I'm wrong but I genuinely feel signings have to hit the ground running. IMHO the longer it takes for Yilmaz to get serious game time the more difficult it will be for him to succeed.

I'll fill you in on Derek Ferguson's take on Open Goal:

"A wanna go over there and fire aboot on one of those Vespas, so a do."
"He's getting right into his pasta and coffee."
"He says the training's full-bloodied, so it is..."

You get the drift.
Derek Ferguson really is one of the thickest people involved in football, and his brother isn't far behind.

Great players, not much up top.

The nation trained is also an issue. Jack and arfield’s contracts are up this summer, leaving just Scott Wright(who lets be honest isn’t good enough). There will need to be players brought in for both nation and club trained.

Got Souttar as well who counts towards it and that's why he is in the squad at present. I think Arfield will get another year Jack I'm not so sure so we would maybe only need 1 but more club trained the better means less reliance on nation trained.

If his name wasn't Ferguson there wouldn't be a thread on this.
There would no doubt still be interest in how a young Scottish player is getting on in Serie A.

Ironically though if his name wasn't Ferguson there would probably be a majority having a go at Ross Wilson for not signing a young home grown player before he made the move there.

His name does him more harm than good on here, but for the exact opposite reason of what some people think.

On loan with an option to buy for a couple of million he would be worth a try. Dolly would have wanted double that for us to sign him. Hopefully blows up any sell on fee they had as well.

It’s funny just how much some people hate scottish players like Doig, Hickey, Ferguson.

A football forum where any other league and player is fair to talk about but the place burns down if you mention anyone linked to Scotland.

Derek Ferguson really is one of the thickest people involved in football, and his brother isn't far behind.

Great players, not much up top.
At least Derek can laugh at himself a bit and knows he’s not the brightest.
Barry takes himself way too seriously.
Great players though, just not suited for punditry or management.

It’s funny just how much some people hate scottish players like Doig, Hickey, Ferguson.

A football forum where any other league and player is fair to talk about but the place burns down if you mention anyone linked to Scotland.
I don’t see any hate of them.
I don’t see much desire to sign any of them but not hate.

To be fair you don’t really need to comment on the subject, the OP was asking how he is getting on, some of us are interested. You can just ignore the thread .
Oh its not just here. His number will crop up in numerous other threads on our midfield, potential targets etc etc.

Scottish football is at an historic low. Weve had teams lose to the Welsh and Irish leagues in the past few years. Its not that people hate these players, its that, we want to see Rangers improve and none of those names you mention improves us.

Maybe as they develop, its possible. But maybe we believe we have prospects in the academy, that are better?

I thought Doig looked excellent when he broke through. He got dropped for a 34yo Lewis Stevenson last year - its hardly a ringing endorsement for a potential Rangers signing, im sure if we are being rational, most would agree.

Ferguson is a lad we would have known about since he was a kid. We have literally never had a bit of interest in him. Even to the point that we signed a higher rated Docherty, when they were both leaving Accies. I dont think hes anywhere near technically proficient enough to play for us - and it seems the people at the club agree.

Hickey has done really well, but the lad would have been 3rd choice left back at Ibrox until this season, why would we have signed him for millions? Even if we thought he had potential - how you selling "squad back-up" over the chance to start in Serie A?

Its not hatred, theres rationale behind not signing these players.

Lewis Ferguson should be with us. Yes I know there are loads of folk on here who will disagree but he is a, as I was told by a pro coach pal of mine, Ian Ferguson type head with a nearly but not as good as a technical Barry Ferguson. (I don’t think he’ll ever be as good as either of them at all but we are missing that bit in the middle) and we missed out on Doig. We have a terrible recent record of buying the best young Scottish talent, I’m sure Ross Wilson reads Follow Follow and makes his decisions on the crabbit bad opinion posts on here. But we should be buying the young Ferguson, and also the likes of Doig etc. Those players are capable.
How anyone looks at him and thinks Rangers is beyond me.

Sorry but that’s nonsense. When have they come out and said they thought they were getting a Souness?
The guy has moved to a new country and needs time to settle in , he also has a suspension carried over and was injured , so give him time and he will do fine in Italy. Or have you made your mind up already.
Sorry Derek, I was alluding to Souness' s hardness because that all Ferguson has.

4th bottom of seria a,really struggling bologna, new manager Motta,mabey he's just having a look at what he's got ,noticed he got 15 against juve which is highest level he's played at league wise,plus new country new teammates new environment, need to see how he beds in first.

I'd have Ferguson in our pool in a heartbeat. For those who are critical of him, he's only 23 ffs. Still learning. Has the physique and wades in with a few goals. He would improve greatly with better players around him at Ibrox. Would be able to step into the Scotland set up no bother. I for one hope we sign him. He is good enough, and will get better.

I'd have Ferguson in our pool in a heartbeat. For those who are critical of him, he's only 23 ffs. Still learning. Has the physique and wades in with a few goals. He would improve greatly with better players around him at Ibrox. Would be able to step into the Scotland set up no bother. I for one hope we sign him. He is good enough, and will get better.
More goals against celtic than all our strikers as well.

Scottish football is at an historic low. Weve had teams lose to the Welsh and Irish leagues in the past few years. Its not that people hate these players, its that, we want to see Rangers improve and none of those names you mention improves us.

Maybe as they develop, its possible. But maybe we believe we have prospects in the academy, that are better?

I thought Doig looked excellent when he broke through. He got dropped for a 34yo Lewis Stevenson last year - its hardly a ringing endorsement for a potential Rangers signing, im sure if we are being rational, most would agree.

Ferguson is a lad we would have known about since he was a kid. We have literally never had a bit of interest in him. Even to the point that we signed a higher rated Docherty, when they were both leaving Accies. I dont think hes anywhere near technically proficient enough to play for us - and it seems the people at the club agree.

Hickey has done really well, but the lad would have been 3rd choice left back at Ibrox until this season, why would we have signed him for millions? Even if we thought he had potential - how you selling "squad back-up" over the chance to start in Serie A?

Its not hatred, theres rationale behind not signing these players.
Ferguson is 3 years younger than Docherty and replaced him at Accies when he left to join us.

Ferguson only made his debut 5 days before Docherty signed for us.

Back