Yilmaz

He needs to be given a go regardless. We need to see what we've got on our hands for the money parted with. Borna has been pretty good this season but had a poor game last night and it's a good opportunity to give Yilmaz a run out.

Question is, whether Gio will bother. He doesn't seem to base his team selection on anything other than he wants them to play.

It is ludicrous. A huge chunk of our budget on a player that the manager has no intention of playing. We've been 4-0 up a few times and he's still not featured.

Of course, we'll still have people on here claim Barisic is playing so exceptional that it is simply not possible for Yilmaz to feature at any point, even when we are coasting games.

It's about as clear a sign as you can get of our dysfunctional transfer dealings.

Waste of money if he doesn’t kick a ball for us. He needs to play games. Whoever signed him must rate him, we can’t be signing players at that fee to leave them out the team.

I’d change the left side completely with Ridvan and Matondo replacing Borna and Kent. I don’t rate Matondo but he actually looked decent when he came on last night and Kent needs a boot up the arse. With Yilmaz, to spend the amount of money we have on a player that doesn’t appear to get a look in is baffling.

He needs to play, I’m sick of seeing borna running away from the players attacking him. For some strange reason last night he kept showing salah onto his left foot which is a strange decision.
Borna always shows his opponent inside. Always has done and probably always will. It wasn't peculiar to Salah. As recently as last weekend we saw him do it against Humphreys every time. Can only assume it's a tactical thing. It goes right back to when Gerrard signed him and hasn't changed.

Also

Lundstrum was awful last night why doesnt he get the abuse isit because he has a catchy song
Worst player on the park by a country mile and that's saying something. You could tell by the look on his face he knew it too.

Anyone having a go at certain players, but missing out JL, must either have a blind spot when it comes to him, or an agenda against others.

Borna always shows his opponent inside. Always has done and probably always will. It wasn't peculiar to Salah. As recently as last weekend we saw him do it against Humphreys every time. Can only assume it's a tactical thing. It goes right back to when Gerrard signed him and hasn't changed.

As infuriating as that is, it’s his inability to go to a man until they’re in the box that kills me slowly.

Showing Salah inside is madness.

If he doesn't start at the weekend I think the question needs put to Gio if he was even his signing at all.

After PSV away a very hard slog, we were at home to Ross county and he still stuck Barisic in again even though Ridvan was there which I found baffling as we knew we were winning that game anyway. We'll see.

Here we go again.quick guys ,jump on the Borna slagging train .FFS give it a rest .
Borna ,like the rest of the defensive line had a tough night against one of the top premier clubs ,mainly due to our midfields inability to hold the ball for more than 2 passes and a front line that was powder puff until the changes came late on.
The golf in class of the players is all down to money which our league just doesn't provide access to .
Their passing ,movement and confidence on the ball had us flapping in the wind for 70 mins .
In Sala ,Borna was up against one of the worlds top wingers,add in AA on the lap and i'm sure you'll get the drift .
To point the finger at him when he did ok defensively and obviously couldn't get forward until the changes came is a bit rich,considering our worst defender by a mile was Tav who couldn't pass his water atm and has been like that all season .
Now get the heads out the clouds and face reality .

Fresh legs on Sat.

Yilmaz, Sands, Matondo, Sakala & Colak all to start for me.
My only concern re starting a lot of different players Saturday is Celtic did that vs st mirren has it cost them. If changing players it can’t be whole of left defence etc. need to keep a bit of consistency and really use the 5 subs early to get a lotta time in legs coming on

Here we go again.quick guys ,jump on the Borna slagging train .FFS give it a rest .
Borna ,like the rest of the defensive line had a tough night against one of the top premier clubs ,mainly due to our midfields inability to hold the ball for more than 2 passes and a front line that was powder puff until the changes came late on.
The golf in class of the players is all down to money which our league just doesn't provide access to .
Their passing ,movement and confidence on the ball had us flapping in the wind for 70 mins .
In Sala ,Borna was up against one of the worlds top wingers,add in AA on the lap and i'm sure you'll get the drift .
To point the finger at him when he did ok defensively and obviously couldn't get forward until the changes came is a bit rich,considering our worst defender by a mile was Tav who couldn't pass his water atm and has been like that all season .
Now get the heads out the clouds and face reality .

Playing in a back 5 for the first time this season would have been a strange set up for everyone.

I'll be surprised if Yilmaz starts on saturday. He's far too offensive for Gio.

Being serious though, he has an opportunity to freshen it up and take a few out who are obviously struggling for full fitness.....Lundstram, Tavernier,

Never put a foot wrong lastnight so deserves his chance

This what frustrates me with how some see him. Firstly he did put multple feet wrong, but he rarely puts a foot wrong on the ball because he passes backwards all the time. He takes the easy way out. But puts pressure on his teammates

Defensively he was a mess

Can’t wait to see this guy

Borna is the most negative full back I’ve ever seen

I remember watching Barisic for Osijek against us and then in his first couple of games as a Rangers player (Fir Park was one, if I remember correctly) and thinking - jeez, this guy knows nothing other than bombing forward and whipping early balls into the box.

The there's the 2022 Barisic. Slow, weak, refuses to go forward, safe option every time he has possession.

He should be playing on Saturday as should Sakala but I don’t think we will see either start until Dundee in the cup.

I was critical of Barisic as he's turned in too many cowardly performances in his spell with us, but since Yilmaz came in he improved a bit again.

In saying that, he's just too negative as a full back now. He doesn't have the pace to get forward, can't beat a man and his defending one on one gives me the fear. He retreats about 30 yards and gives the right winger as much space as he wants.

Now get the heads out the clouds and face reality
I cannot agree with that at all, Barisic most certainly was not ok, Liverpool are obviously a great team but he is nowhere near aggressive enough, never gets close to his man and more often than not turns his back and allows the cross to come in, when given the chance to get forward he almost always cuts back and passes the buck.

Back