Liverpool Away

A5-CDAFD3-B2-C9-4-A2-D-B170-5-E68-BE8-BBA52.jpg

Got home at 2:40, was in my bed for 2:45 & I’m still here now.

Can’t say I’ll be rushing back to Liverpool anytime soon. The bits of it I saw were a shithole, the stadium policing and stewarding was a shambles and then Rangers added insult to injury by not bothering to kick a ball.

Got home at 2:40, was in my bed for 2:45 & I’m still here now.

Can’t say I’ll be rushing back to Liverpool anytime soon. The bits of it I saw were a shithole, the stadium policing and stewarding was a shambles and then Rangers added insult to injury by not bothering to kick a ball.
I was in before the March arrived and the stewards/police were absolute scumbags. Said it was a bagless stadium so my pal took a flag out the bag to carry in and they weren’t going to let him bin the rucksack

They were just looking for any excuse. Must’ve been at least 80 stewards/police from the corner of Anfield road/main stand through the building site to the turnstile. Overkill

Was above the bears high up in the Main stand, in terms of the atmosphere, my two cents; first half did not sound great tbh, the majority of the singing/noise was from the UB area with seemingly not much participation from the rest of the stand, second half sounded a lot better.

Bought ticket for upper main stand from livefootballtickets. Can’t fault them e-ticket arrived Monday morning and everything worked as they said it would. Don’t usually like to encourage tout sites but needs must. Great being able to get a pre-match beer in the concourse. Team sadly never turned up but full marks to our fans who never stopped all night. A few scum scousers giving it ‘Lizzies in a box’ which mightily pissed me off but managed to keep my council. Overall enjoyable trip

Took my chances and stood at the ticket office till as close to ko as possible last night. Easily 25/30 unclaimed tickets at 1945 which we were told would be bagged and taken up the road. Certainly enough to cover a small crowd who had the same thinking as myself.

Not exactly the TO staffs fault they are only following orders but who honestly comes up with those rules?

My fear when the collection was advertised until ko and not at least a half window to redistribute tickets to people who actually wanted to go to the match. Disappointing but sadly not unexpected.
The same thing happened in Dortmund last season, a handful of bears outside told they weren't allowed to sell them on.

The same thing happened in Dortmund last season, a handful of bears outside told they weren't allowed to sell them on.
What’s the reason for it? Obviously knew they advertised they’d sell spares for Ajax but why has it not been allowed for other games?

There should be a small window of opportunity at the end for those tickets to be put to use. It’s not difficult.

I was absolutely stunned at the amount of people turning up with less than an hour to collect their tickets.

Would be the first thing I done.

I was in before the March arrived and the stewards/police were absolute scumbags. Said it was a bagless stadium so my pal took a flag out the bag to carry in and they weren’t going to let him bin the rucksack

They were just looking for any excuse. Must’ve been at least 80 stewards/police from the corner of Anfield road/main stand through the building site to the turnstile. Overkill

It was dark by the time I was in the queue & folk got squashed because the police & stewards had a barricade and weren’t communicating with the crowd to tell us where to go or what to do. I’m 5’1 so couldn’t see a thing above all the guys round about me. They then let me through their barricade - probably because I was female. I had a bag they let me in with.

It’s these inconsistencies that drive you mental. I was allowed a bag into Seville - with many prohibited items in it - as well, while men were having them confiscated. Shambles.

What’s the reason for it? Obviously knew they advertised they’d sell spares for Ajax but why has it not been allowed for other games?
Said because they had been paid for they couldn’t resell.

No deterrent doesn’t help.

Anyone who doesn’t show up (without genuine reason) should be removed from the next ballot.

If you thought ajax ticket collection was bad this is a fucking joke.

It's as if Rangers want to fucking piss fans off.
Huge queue in pissing rain.

Fucking well done again rangers ticketing.

Rewarding loyalty my hole
I got quite quickly Kate time did you go at? We went and got ours straight off bus around 10/10.30

Time yous get back mate we were about half 5 long day lol
Dropped off at the big roundabout at Larbert at 4am, in the house for 4:15, good trip on the Dunfermline bus.

The wee man was back up and away for his train to college in Edinburgh at half 7 but got lucky once he got there as there are a new intake of students and the lecturer was covering stuff the earlier intake had already done so they were told they could go home to study, he's back in his bed now!!

He forgot his key though so had to phone me to get up and let him in, I'm burst this morning.

I got quite quickly Kate time did you go at? We went and got ours straight off bus around 10/10.30
We arrived at 12 and got ours no bother, however we were lucky, there were only 2 in the queue in front of us, by the time we got in and collected ours and came back out another two buses had arrived and the queue was growing all the time.

We arrived at 12 and got ours no bother, however we were lucky, there were only 2 in the queue in front of us, by the time we got in and collected ours and came back out another two buses had arrived and the queue was growing all the time.
Yeah, we just went straight away as was thinking as it got later it’s be busier. Was a good day though minus the result

I guess if they start selling unclaimed tickets in the hour before kickoff at Euro away games it just encourages ticketless people to congregate at the collection point which they won't want.

I guess if they start selling unclaimed tickets in the hour before kickoff at Euro away games it just encourages ticketless people to congregate at the collection point which they won't want.
Yeah, fair enough, can understand that point. It’s a pity for people who tried

Yeah, we just went straight away as was thinking as it got later it’s be busier. Was a good day though minus the result
Our bus took us straight to Goodison and dropped us all off before heading down to the Albert Dock as the driver had a hotel there.

Concert Square was good during the day, had a decent spot under the cover outside Modo, nipped into the big wetherspoons on the corner for some food with J too which helped soak some alcohol up for both of us.

We tried to get a taxi back up to Goodison for the fan march but we're struggling, we were at a taxi rank in the city centre when a bear and his Liverpool mate who were going up to hospitality asked us if we wanted a lift in their uber, was a laugh with the tunes on in the taxi and wouldn't take anything for it (so if you're on here, thank you!!), dropped off at the Kop end and wandered round to our end about 10 minutes before the fan march arrived.

Got through the stewards and turnstiles with no issues at all.

Anfield has always been a bucket list stadium for a match for me, but in terms of atmosphere I thought it was flat last night, we outsung them from start to finish.

Not even going to go into our performance other than it was a let down.

Got in the house at half 3. Completely and utterly fucked today.

Currently sat in a statistical modelling lecture at University and considering telling the lecturer to model the likelihood I fall asleep the boring lady's front bottom.

Was very tempted by them yesterday afternoon, but don’t think I’d have made it through the match if I started on the shots.

In hindsight I should have had 10
Every time she came round our table bought some, after 3 or 4 I saw a bit of sense and called it a day!

Far too easy to end up like a burst baw at the game!

Currently sat in a statistical modelling lecture at University and considering telling the lecturer to model the likelihood I fall asleep the boring lady's front bottom.
J has been to Edinburgh and back this morning for college, was meant to be in all day but his lecturer sent half the class home after an hour to study, he must have been fucked on the train through, he's sound asleep just now:shh:

Was Lewis Hamilton your driving how come we’ve got back so much later when we’re all heading to Falkirk haha

Was Lewis Hamilton your driving how come we’ve got back so much later when we’re all heading to Falkirk haha
We're yous on a Dewars bus? It had just pulled into Abington as we left at 3am

There was a Stuarts bus that passed us empty heading back to the motorway at Larbert just after 4am this morning, I'd assume that was the Falkirk True Blues one.

J has been to Edinburgh and back this morning for college, was meant to be in all day but his lecturer sent half the class home after an hour to study, he must have been fucked on the train through, he's sound asleep just now:shh:
I got here an hour ago, I’m staying until 3 and I’m leaving. %^*& this. Away to cry in a corner I’m that rough.

We're yous on a Dewars bus? It had just pulled into Abington as we left at 3am

There was a Stuarts bus that passed us empty heading back to the motorway at Larbert just after 4am this morning, I'd assume that was the Falkirk True Blues one.
Yeah mate. My heart sank when we stopped haha.

I think the difference may have been that the ones they have sold on were unsold in the first place so actually were spares as opposed to tickets that had been paid for but not collected if that makes sense!

I think the difference may have been that the ones they have sold on were unsold in the first place so actually were spares as opposed to tickets that had been paid for but not collected if that makes sense!
There wasn't unpaid for tickets for Ajax I don't think, they dropped the points requirement gradually and it sold out.

Cayote Ugly was meant to be 1000 but was nowhere near I don't think, although pubs nearby were busy.
Yeah, didn’t seem like that to me. But I never checked how many were upstairs. Also some people might have bought tickets just to hangout before going to Anfield.

We found a wee old school boozer called the saddle, on dale street. Went in there out the rain and stayed there most of the afternoon. Pints were magic

Had to walk it back from anfield and went back past it around 1130 and it was still fairly busy. Resisted as I had to drive home this morning. Good move in hindsight

Yeah, didn’t seem like that to me. But I never checked how many were upstairs. Also some people might have bought tickets just to hangout before going to Anfield.
Bouncers we’re looking for £30 for some that walked up without tickets.

Some guy went away and spent £3 on a blue felt tip pen and marked peoples hands so they got in for nowt. :))

Didnt look very busy At 4ish.

Back