Liverpool Away

A few things stood out for me just overall.

MYGERS is a fucking disgrace/as is corporate tickets.

Anfield support was poor. Expected more.

I think Liverpool are now the club is despise.

Probably more to it but least never got hammered. Just that we were very very poor against a decent team

Don’t necessarily think mygers was the issue for our end being absolutely shit last night. Majority of folk in Leipzig would’ve been there last night and the atmospheres were night and day

Could maybe say there was more families/sponsors etc kicking about but ultimately if even half our end had bothered, we’d have ripped the utter pish out of them in terms of atmosphere

Majority of the people at the top of the old travel club would’ve been sorted for last night

They fan zones look utter shite tbh, wouldn't be wasting days off work to attend them.
They generally are. I’ve been to numerous ones over the years and they are usually rammed, you struggle to get served at the bar and it’s not a great experience at all.
We ended up in a place called Revolver, just off Mathew Street. It was £2.50-£3 a pint all day and they had a live singer on.

Bit of a bonus for me compared to years gone by on night games.

I was in the 'chemistry' hospitality lounge - food was ok, had a couple of beers, left 5 mins before the end (which I don't normally do) but my mate said if we don't, you can add an extra 69-90 mins to get out of Stanley Park car park.
Got in the door at 22:50 after stopping at McDonalds as me and the daughter were still hungry.

A far cry from leaving Glasgow and getting back to Preston at 03:00am.

I was proud of our support and a few of the scousers sat around me, shook my hand and commented on the noise we generated.
Apart from the result and moreso, the gutless performance ,it was a good night.

I enjoyed watching Thiago Alcantara - what a player, never put a foot wrong and a stand out for me.

thats rich coming from you. grown man spending his days trawling another teams forum which you just signed up for
Really? What have I said that stinks of childish bitterness?
Rangers fans may have vandalised our murals but I blamed Everton. I didnt jump to conclusions.
Rangers fans were heard singing "always the victims" after the game....I'll put that down you a few sucking up to Chelsea.
Your atmosphere was disappointing and any of you thinking it wasn't are kidding yourselves. I admit our atmosphere isn't great, the media build us up.....all match going reds agree we have a poor atmosphere.
On to next week, enjoy your flag waving and British songs!

Last edited:
Rangers fans may have vandalised our murals but I blamed Everton. I didnt jump to conclusions.
Rangers fans were heard singing "always the victims" after the game....I'll put that down you a few sucking up to Chelsea.
You're atmosphere was disappointing and any of you thinking it wasn't are kidding yourselves. I admit our atmosphere isn't great, the media build us up.....all match going reds agree we have a poor atmosphere.
Take that massive chip off your shoulder

Your atmosphere was disappointing and any of you thinking it wasn't are kidding yourselves. I admit our atmosphere isn't great, the media build us up.....all match going reds agree we have a poor atmosphere.
You not got your own forum to be on?

Mate you were doing well on this forum up to a point then have made a complete James Hunt of yourself

Having lived in the northwest for 10 years in the past, attended many Liverpool games and have friends to this day who still attend, I understand the split in the city in terms of Republicans and Unionists. There are major issues with the Liverpool “support” today, one is the constant greeting about absolutely everything (even worse in that squeaky nasal voice), the fact that the traditional supporter no longer goes to games due to cost/corporate leaving entitled fuds and tourists which has killed the atmosphere at Anfield- was far better as recent as early 00’s when I myself attended pretty regularly.

The city centre is tremendous, go out of that and it’s a tip (as most major cities are).

P.S- regards your last point, if you’ve an issue with British flags there is an easy solution, just as we tell the orcs who frequent Glasgow’s east end……GTF out of Britain!!

Mate you were doing well on this forum up to a point then have made a complete James Hunt of yourself

Having lived in the northwest for 10 years in the past, attended many Liverpool games and have friends to this day who still attend, I understand the split in the city in terms of Republicans and Unionists. There are major issues with the Liverpool “support” today, one is the constant greeting about absolutely everything (even worse in that squeaky nasal voice), the fact that the traditional supporter no longer goes to games due to cost/corporate leaving entitled fuds and tourists which has killed the atmosphere at Anfield- was far better as recent as early 00’s when I myself attended pretty regularly.

The city centre is tremendous, go out of that and it’s a tip (as most major cities are).

P.S- regards your last point, if you’ve an issue with British flags there is an easy solution, just as we tell the orcs who frequent Glasgow’s east end……GTF out of Britain!!
No issue with British flags or being British. Just done feel the need the boast about it 24/7. Likewise with the other lot with their irishness.

Why don’t you just piss off to a Liverpool or Celtic forum. You are boring

No issue with British flags or being British. Just done feel the need the boast about it 24/7. Likewise with the other lot with their irishness.
The difference up here is we are up against a nationalist government in a toytown parliament, standing up for being British Scots is a must when we are bombarded by nationalist propaganda and attempts at control

Ok, what makes you now despise Liverpool as a club?

I’ve not caught up on all threads but to disrupt a minutes silence in memory of victims of a footballing disaster with shouts of up the ra.

A terrorist organisation that bombed many cities including your own was crass.

Liverpool aren’t the only club to have suffered disasters, they should maybe respect others.

Just the support booing of the national anthem. That's all it took :D

To be honest mate only support Rangers so it's easy for me to despise other teams. We are hated by most.
Most express their hatred of liverpool and have done so for decades. Booing the anthem is our way of upsetting them. Just as you hate Celtic because they hate you. Hate breeds hate. Maybe if we all just supported our teams itd be a lot better.

How many Koreans yous taking to Ibrox? Couldnt believe the lack of scousers in home end.

I very nearly got caught up in that. Went to meet a few mates to go into the game with them and all that kicked off round me

I was in the Kop, atmosphere was good, but I did notice that 1/3 of the way down the SKD stand it seemed to die. The number of “tourist fans” wearing Liverpool/Rangers scarfs was ridiculous.
Don’t think ST prices have risen for years for the lucky 27000.

Most express their hatred of liverpool and have done so for decades. Booing the anthem is our way of upsetting them. Just as you hate Celtic because they hate you. Hate breeds hate. Maybe if we all just supported our teams itd be a lot better.

Are you new to football? :D

Liverpool love to be loved. Its the one thing you have in common with that lot in our city.

Long day that.

Didn't get back home to my bed until the back of 7 this morning.

Thought the atmosphere was decent but could have been much better.. the early goal didn't help.

Overall decent day but glad to be home.

Bin dipping lady's front bottom,go %^*& yourself.

what is actually wrong with you

Ok, what makes you now despise Liverpool as a club?

your probably a good place to start at

What’s the reason for it? Obviously knew they advertised they’d sell spares for Ajax but why has it not been allowed for other games?
Think the difference was Ajax was the wad of tickets from the day trip flight where people had indicated they were going to take the refund and were no longer travelling. They knew 100% that said ticket was not going to be picked up.

Whereas last night TO staff outside Anfield at 7.59 could have bumped into someone who had just got to Liverpool and may have been looking for their ticket.

Yeah, didn’t seem like that to me. But I never checked how many were upstairs. Also some people might have bought tickets just to hangout before going to Anfield.
Aye I was downstairs too actually, might of been busy upstairs - I left to go game and was getting a bit busier.

GTF then irony of posting that while your on another teams forum:D

Well done on beating us, all the best trying to win the league cup or FA cup in your one team country la.

Think the difference was Ajax was the wad of tickets from the day trip flight where people had indicated they were going to take the refund and were no longer travelling. They knew 100% that said ticket was not going to be picked up.

Whereas last night TO staff outside Anfield at 7.59 could have bumped into someone who had just got to Liverpool and may have been looking for their ticket.
100% the case.

Although I don’t see the need for a window right up until ko. Pick up email could have been worded for example

Mon pick up 12-5pm
Tues pick up 12-7:30pm.
Any uncollected tickets not picked up during this time will forfeit my Gers points and no refunds.

Make it part of the terms and conditions and there is no grey area.

Not the TO staffs fault but it is a boot in the balls seeing tens of envelopes sitting there unused.

Probably the place to state :

Anyone unhappy with stuff they heard from our end last night - the 2 occurrences were directly related to Liverpool behaviour

There was prematch that tv probably never had. Idiots giving it 66 plus ireland flag acting totally demented gesturing at us.

Then the Ra nonsense just at end of minutes silence that started utter chaos and a very obvious response.

I’m aware there was a group of roasters just behind the disabled section that tried about 3 times to start murderers and nobody joined in, as it was a group of about 10 it wasnt worth getting brave. I did shout at them to shut up as the minutes silence went to start.

There were several “Liverpool” fans ejected for their nonsense before kick off. Think the Ra guy was the last of them.

On other subject, I’d have to say for football food , The scouse pie was good though
Fucking roasting , though.:)

I also note for merchandise , they had Liverpool branded bottles of water

Back