Lewis Ferguson

So far he's:

Missed first 2 games of season due to suspension
Got 6 mins vs AC Milan on 27/08
Unused substitute for the next 4 games
Got 13 mins vs Juventus on 02/10

Ferguson is 3 years younger than Docherty and replaced him at Accies when he left to join us.

Ferguson only made his debut 5 days before Docherty signed for us.

In terms of prospects Docherty was talked about as the pick of bunch at Accies. But i do take your point, i concede its probably not an apples to apples comparison.

Wasn't he very poor near the end of his tenure at the sheep?

I genuinely believe he'd get sent off consistently if he was with us and would become a liability and anyway he'll likely get his move to the championship like he wanted.

We had Hickey threads the same. It’s pure chance with players. Right time right move for some. It’s up to our scouting system to deliver.

You dont need a scouting team to have noticed Doig. First team at Hibs against us many times and won scottish young player of the year. Type of player we should be all over. He's no Bassey, but would have been an interesting replacement.

You dont need a scouting team to have noticed Doig. First team at Hibs against us many times and won scottish young player of the year. Type of player we should be all over. He's no Bassey, but would have been an interesting replacement.
He's shite anaw!

Ferguson dived at every opportunity against us. Dirty wee snidey kicks against at every opportunity. Done his best to get our players booked and sent off every time he played against us. What is it with all this interest in a player like that. It is not a mystery why we didn't and won't buy him.

Ferguson on a loan to buy in January would be a smart buy. Would fill in for one of they home grown slots in Europe as well, we will be losing quite a few of them this summer. Plus I think he starts next to lundstram over any other option currently.
Won’t happen and they’d want a massive fee for him. We had our chance.

Won’t happen and they’d want a massive fee for him. We had our chance.
I don’t really think they would want a massive fee tbh. He’s not impressed the new manager and looks out of favour. Wouldn’t need to spend more than he was bought for imo.

Josh Doig getting rave reviews in Italy....

DOIG​

Four appearances, two goals, one assist. A small Theo Hernandez seems to be making his way in Verona, with an FM equal to 8 and many bonuses in his legs. The Gialloblù are not able to make it to the top, it is true, but on Sunday they will play against Salernitana who, last weekend, collected five goals from Sassuolo. The outcome of the match is really unpredictable. When in doubt, trust Doig.

DOIG​

Four appearances, two goals, one assist. A small Theo Hernandez seems to be making his way in Verona, with an FM equal to 8 and many bonuses in his legs. The Gialloblù are not able to make it to the top, it is true, but on Sunday they will play against Salernitana who, last weekend, collected five goals from Sassuolo. The outcome of the match is really unpredictable. When in doubt, trust Doig.

4 appearances is a bit early to be getting carried away. this place would happily have spent millions on Sean Goss and Coulibally after their first four games.

DOIG​

"When in doubt, trust Doig"

what a shit catchphrase

I’ve yet to be convinced that Ferguson would really enhance our playing squad in all honesty. As others have said if his name was not Ferguson, I don’t think he would be on our radar. On the basis that he was available on loan in January I would be happy for us to see whether the lad can cut it at Ibrox without us committing to buying him at end of loan period.

Wasn't he very poor near the end of his tenure at the sheep?

I genuinely believe he'd get sent off consistently if he was with us and would become a liability and anyway he'll likely get his move to the championship like he wanted.
What are you basing that on ? Think I can only remember him getting sent off once against Celtic.

He might be Scottish but Aberdeen / Hearts or Hibs is his level. He is not top talent nor is he good enough for us.
Strongly disagree.

Our central midfield seriously lacks variety in terms of the specialities of the ones we have.

Ferguson has a pass, tackle and finish, as well as a good engine.

I'd argue he'd be better value than some currently there.

Appreciate his Bologna move has yet to take off, but most talk about Ferguson like this out of snobbery towards a player who was largely known at a smaller scottish club.

He's fitter and got the potential to get better than most of our current CMs.

Guess I'm going to get shot down. I'm not saying he should be anywhere near a top target, and if we scout out better options, fair enough.

To suggest Ferguson is miles off what it takes to play for us relative to our current central midfield is a very difficult position to take imo

What are you basing that on ? Think I can only remember him getting sent off once against Celtic.
He’d always rack up double digits for yellow cards and has had a suspension every year. Reckon that’d increase in a blue jersey lol

He’d always rack up double digits for yellow cards and has had a suspension every year. Reckon that’d increase in a blue jersey lol
Ryan jack barely got booked at Aberdeen, joined us and was always getting booked. How many rescinded reds did he get?

Strongly disagree.

Our central midfield seriously lacks variety in terms of the specialities of the ones we have.

Appreciate his Bologna move has yet to take off, but most talk about Ferguson like this out of snobbery towards a player who was largely known at a smaller scottish club.

Guess I'm going to get shot down. I'm not saying he should be anywhere near a top target, and if we scout out better options, fair enough.

To suggest Ferguson is miles off what it takes to play for us relative to our current central midfield is a very difficult position to take imo
All about opinions.
I just don't see him as even remotely good enough. He's more or less at a very similar level to Halliday, Holt and Docherty. He's not a levels above them i.m.o

Strongly disagree.

Despite the fact he can't get a game in Italy? And would have cost us a lot more than the £3M Bologna paid?

I'd say those who think he would be worth paying that for have a much more difficult position to defend to be honest.

Still only 20 is Josh Doig with near on 100 first team appearances and performing in Serie A. He’ll move on like Aaron Hickey to a bigger and better league/club.

Great move for the lad.

All about opinions.
I just don't see him as even remotely good enough. He's more or less at a very similar level to Halliday, Holt and Docherty. He's not a levels above them i.m.o
A Serie A side seen enough in him to pay £2m + another £1m in add-on's...

Halliday/Holt/Docherty have never drawn bids anywhere near that.. I don't think?

A Serie A side seen enough in him to pay £2m + another £1m in add-on's...

Halliday/Holt/Docherty have never drawn bids anywhere near that.. I don't think?
That's your measure?
Someone bought him over them so that means he must be better?

Ferguson therefore by your logic is better than every other player that Italian giants never bid on?

It’s bad enough mentioning Ferguson but Kenny McLean , your having a laugh .
The thought of Kenny McLean pulling up at Ibrox gives me nightmares. We would need to expand our sick bay at Auchenhowie and hire an extra club Doctor. He is another Graham Dorrans mark 2 I’m afraid. He will be on a very good wage at Norwich and signing him in January would be total madness but no doubt our esteemed DOF will be pursuing him like a bull dog. I would rather his pal Derek saved us from signing another over thirty crock on our books. Isen’t that right Ross?

So far he's:

Missed first 2 games of season due to suspension
Got 6 mins vs AC Milan on 27/08
Unused substitute for the next 4 games
Got 13 mins vs Juventus on 02/10
If he wasn't Derek's boy and we were linked with a player with that record this place would rightly be up in arms.

Average footballer, nothing more than that.

Kenny McLean is a good player around 30 and on a free , Nation trained so for me it’s a no brainier.
Kenny McLean is a good player and a better player than Lewis Ferguson but he’s also the wrong age so no use for us.

Youth is the one thing Ferguson has as a plus but his Rangers chance has long passed.

No disrespect to Kenny, but I don't think he is good enough to play for Rangers.
Norwich and Scotland is his level.
I bed to differ he was a good player before going to England and would have been signed by us if it hadn’t been for Aberdeen.

I bed to differ he was a good player before going to England and would have been signed by us if it hadn’t been for Aberdeen.
I think we dodged one there.
Who would he have replaced in the midfield?
Is he better than Davis, Arfield, Jack, Kamara, Lundstram or Hagi?

Back