Should Fashion Sakala be starting?

Sakala's a great player until he gets a game at which point 90% of the people on this thread will be screaming abuse because he's got no composure, can't keep the ball and doesn't track back.

I'm glad he seems to be back in the managers plans because he's a good guy and he's a decent option in certain games.

But he's 4th option out of 4 in a big game where you just can't be as undisciplined as he is, both in and out of possession.

I feel Sakala is best as an impact player, which we currently aren't using him enough as.

Our options at RW just aren't good enough though we've been crying out for this to get sorted for a long time. Relying on Tav to cover that full area of the pitch week in week out is no good.

Sakala is no world beater but on small showings and what we seen last season he is better at RW than Matondo on what we have seen of Matondo so far.

Positionally Matondo doesn't seem to understand where he should be. He would rather wait than go get. He doesn't make run's towards the ball bringing the defender with him to then turn and break for the ball in behind. He needs to be doing more of that. I am not sure what instructions the management team are giving him, either he is not following them or they are instructing him wrong.

No evidence that Sakala isn’t good enough to be a starter for Rangers? Haha Behave yourself please.
You said he was rank but don't have the time to present any evidence yet you have time to make multiple posts about him.You clearly don't have anything of significance to support you're claim.

We should be using him more than we are but he seems like he’s best as an impact sub.

In terms of the others, Matondo (from the limited time with us and clips of his previous clubs) seems more comfortable on the left so it might be an idea to try him there with Kent on the right

You said he was rank but don't have the time to present any evidence yet you have time to make multiple posts about him.You clearly don't have anything of significance to support you're claim.
Use the eyes in your head the same as everyone else;)

Use the eyes in your head the same as everyone else;)
Still no facts to back up youre nothing comments,you must have missed his flick over the defenders head or his drive into the box the multiple times he takes the ball past defenders and the chance he put on a plate for Morelos.Did you also miss his goal against the tramps at the piggery.;):))

He should get a chance and more minutes.

All of out wingers have been absolutely shite this season. Kent was actually hard to watch in between his early assist and late goal on Saturday.

Gio obviously prefers Wright's tactical discipline but sometimes in games like this you just need something Maverick to open something up and I think Sakala is probably the one to do that. Let him start and see how he impacts the game.

I think he's the best option on the right out of himself, Matondo and Wright. I'd be starting him the run-of-the-mill games, no question.

Colak in the box with those driven crosses Sakala puts in would be delicious.

All our RWs seem to lack one thing or another but IMO Fashion is the easiest fix. With the ball at his feet hes the best of the 3. Without the ball is his issue - only feed into feet which means he knows to come get it and not run behind (this confusion seems to be his weakness so make it easy).

Tillman was an empty shirt when he played wide right. No way should we repeat that.
I agree. I mentioned it to address that some fans might suggest playing him there. I don't want him playing up top, I want to see him playing midfield and really finding his feet there.

Yes, miles ahead of matondo. Matondo must be awesome in training because he’s never a right winger
Your right but he did play on the left for his previous club.
I wouldnt mind seeing him get a fair run out on the left. Kent could do with some time on the bench.The Dundee game would be a start for me.

I think it might be worth playing Kent on the right wing leaving the left open for Sakala and Matondo to battle for what is reportedly their best position.

Still no facts to back up youre nothing comments,you must have missed his flick over the defenders head or his drive into the box the multiple times he takes the ball past defenders and the chance he put on a plate for Morelos.Did you also miss his goal against the tramps at the piggery.;):))
Wow indeed he was also unlucky not to score the winner against the tramps when he rattled a shot of the post.Who can forget his contribution against the mhanks in the Scottish Cup semi final?Did he score the winner or just terrorise Arsefelt in to an own goal?Whatever it was a great day for all Rangers fans ;)

Apples and oranges. You're comparing a guy who played 80 mins with a guy who looked energetic for 10 mins against 10 men who were already well beaten.

I genuinely think he's our best option for the problem wide right position

Matondo got a great assist today, but I just feel he holds back to much. Fashion looks right up for it and so direct any time he plays.

His unpredictability is arguably his biggest asset
He puts in more effort than Matondo. Matondo has talent but he seems to be quite lazy off the ball

Matondo got a great assist today, but I just feel he holds back to much. Fashion looks right up for it and so direct any time he plays.

You mean for the B team?

Well I think he merits a start before Wright who has not impressed so far this season when given the chance.

Matondo on the left and sakala down the right its that simple, lots of energy in them two

Always been a great squad player who will provide good numbers.

Not convinced he’s the right wing solution long term or displacing Kent though.

Hes not good enought out the door in January
Today he's show he's more than capable of being valuable to us.

It's now up to him to show consistency but I'd say they right hand attacking role is his to lose now.

Not sure every game suits him from the start. He was very good today. Definitely should feature more and start some games like today.

Great performance from Saksla …. Can’t remember a better right wi g performance fir a long time … he starts on Wednesday for me

Completely ineffective 1st half.

Really good 2nd half.

Just about sums Sakala up tbf, sometimes he’ll win you a game and other times he’ll look like he’s never played football before.

If he can perform like he did 2nd half for a full season we’d be laughing.

That 2nd half performance is his best for us since he signed. Thought he was outstanding there , constant threat and so positive in his pay. Well done Fashion
That was my thoughts exactly he seems to have more composure as well and his decision making was much better.

I would be giving him a run a RW now see how he gets on.

Really good 2nd half.

Just about sums Sakala up tbf, sometimes he’ll win you a game and other times he’ll look like he’s never played football before.

1st half all Rangers play was down the left!

Really good 2nd half.

it's a bit hard to do anything when the balls being played up the other side of the park.

Back