Work at Edmiston House - good to see the progress

I admire your optimism, but the majority of music promoters in Glasgow are absolutely rabid. It will be a hard sell to get acts to play there instead of the Barras or swg3 unless the margin is very favourable. It's also not that convenient to get to unless you live on a subway line. And the nighttime economy is dying on it's arse.
Christ and some posters on here berated me for saying I didn’t think the sports bar would have enough footfall to open every day and during the day.
It will be a successful venue, it is sized to fit a gap in the market.

website screenshot service

This was the plans when it was announced, you will notice the stands are clad in the same stuff as New Edmiston house.

I had read the other week that works had started on cladding but as I re-read it it might be the yellowed bits at the ends of the stands that had started being replaced again so I’m not sure now.

If those plans are kept those and the stands and Edmiston house are tied in with each other it will look splendid especially if they use some LEDs, Lighting and some glass
They aren’t the same. It’s a computer generated attempt at brick. One runs horizontal and one runs vertical :)

Pics from this afternoon...

neh1.png
neh2.png
neh3.png

I can’t quite see the actual footprint, but in terms of the building itself, it’s the easiest thing ever to extend. I can’t envisage the foundations at present - guessing it’s a large slope?

It’s a mechano set from structural steel.

That should be extended by another half that is too small how big is the museum going to be ? a fookin room?
You are not too far out on the Museum - it won't be massive. In terms of the other areas the shop and events hall/function suite are adequately sized for the sort of numbers they will have. The size of the events/function suite has been deliberately designed to take advantage of what is seen as a gap in the market not catered for by other Glasgow venues which are either smaller or significantly larger. Its arguably going to be too small for numbers on a matchday - but that probably averages out at once a fortnight over the year and was a problem the old venue suffered from as well. If we get a sports bar where the current shop is it will help with that (though I suspect that may end up as some sort of hospitality area).

Aside from that, it has proven difficult to finance it would seem. Bigger building = bigger costs so that may have been a factor also.

People saying money is an issue i would like to know where has all the money gone from season tickets players sales and the European runs.Rangers were innovative in the 1980s now it seems we cant even build a right size museum. We have history for it be big as the national FA museum was in Preston all them years ago now it looks like its going to be the same size as the police museum in Glasgow which is practically embarrassing for a club of Rangers stature.The building should be twice as big if whats true they say they are going to be doing.

People saying money is an issue i would like to know where has all the money gone from season tickets players sales and the European runs.Rangers were innovative in the 1980s now it seems we cant even build a right size museum. We have history for it be big as the national FA museum was in Preston all them years ago now it looks like its going to be the same size as the police museum in Glasgow which is practically embarrassing for a club of Rangers stature.The building should be twice as big if whats true they say they are going to be doing.
Some folk are just never happy, eh?

You build a big museum to house everything and folk visit it once. You build a smaller museum with the exhibits rotated on a regular basis and folk will keep coming again and again. As I'm sure you are aware, Season Ticket sales don't even come close to covering our annual salary budget for the First Team, never mind anything else.

How much better would Ibrox look as a whole if the outer pathways/fanzone area were all relaid instead of rubble underfoot. All round the ground

Granted probably be expensive
Something I've said previously too, the state of the public areas underfoot around the stadium are awful and are deteriorating rapidly. I'm actually involved in this stuff through my job, civils for a local authority, not Glasgow happily though! The whole area would take a substantial sum to get up to a reasonable standard.

Before the commonwealth games, my wife's then employer a Civil Engineering consultancy were asked to survey the footprint around Ibrox and provide recommendations, with a view to it all being upgraded, safe to say the money was spent by GCC elsewhere and no upgrades were taken forward

Something I've said previously too, the state of the public areas underfoot around the stadium are awful and are deteriorating rapidly. I'm actually involved in this stuff through my job, civils for a local authority, not Glasgow happily though! The whole area would take a substantial sum to get up to a reasonable standard.
Are we talking millions ?

You build a big museum to house everything and folk visit it once. You build a smaller museum with the exhibits rotated on a regular basis and folk will keep coming again and again. As I'm sure you are aware, Season Ticket sales don't even come close to covering our annual salary budget for the First Team, never mind anything else.
You build a museum to attract people and compete with other attractions. It could be an inter Govan and Rangers museum and interact with other museum's in the area like the Fairfield museum. Are there going to be cycle racks as the new tourist way is to use the hire cycles to travel round central Glasgow.We could attract interest from the USA especially with the low pound and the amount of Americans with Govan descent .Investment is needed all around the area of Ibrox.

You build a museum to attract people and compete with other attractions. It could be an inter Govan and Rangers museum and interact with other museum's in the area like the Fairfield museum. Are there going to be cycle racks as the new tourist way is to use the hire cycles to travel round central Glasgow.We could attract interest from the USA especially with the low pound and the amount of Americans with Govan descent .Investment is needed all around the area of Ibrox.
Your last sentence is on the money. As for the rest? I don't think we will get many casual visitors/tourists. It will, almost exclusively, be Rangers fans. We might get fans visiting who are here for a Euro tie but it's not going to be an everyday attraction. I was in Manchester last week. Went and had a look at the National Football Museum and thought about going in. Sat at a cafe outside and had a cup of coffee. In the 30 minutes I was there not one person went in or came out. This was a Wednesday, mid-afternoon, with the Copenhagen fans in town. Huge building, slap-bang in the centre of the city.

Your last sentence is on the money. As for the rest? I don't think we will get many casual visitors/tourists. It will, almost exclusively, be Rangers fans. We might get fans visiting who are here for a Euro tie but it's not going to be an everyday attraction. I was in Manchester last week. Went and had a look at the National Football Museum and thought about going in. Sat at a cafe outside and had a cup of coffee. In the 30 minutes I was there not one person went in or came out. This was a Wednesday, mid-afternoon, with the Copenhagen fans in town. Huge building, slap-bang in the centre of the city.
There is a huge lack of realism by some on here, I was slated earlier in the thread for suggesting a bar would not be open 7 days ( apparently it will be bouncing 24/7) someone else said people would get the underground round at lunchtime to get their lunch at the cafe.
A museum will not be mobbed I’m pretty sure it will run at a loss but will help to soak up part of the fixed overheads of the venue, a small cafe area will pick up a bit of business from people at the shop etc but weekends is the big time for these places.
The money will be made from events, confences/meetings, gigs and match days.

There is a huge lack of realism by some on here, I was slated earlier in the thread for suggesting a bar would not be open 7 days ( apparently it will be bouncing 24/7) someone else said people would get the underground round at lunchtime to get their lunch at the cafe.
A museum will not be mobbed I’m pretty sure it will run at a loss but will help to soak up part of the fixed overheads of the venue, a small cafe area will pick up a bit of business from people at the shop etc but weekends is the big time for these places.
The money will be made from events, confences/meetings, gigs and match days.

For years, the posters on here, and the fanbase in general, have demanded the club have a Museum and a new cafe/ bar, etc, directly adjacent to the Stadium. Now that such a facility is in the process of being created, there is endless negativity. It is depressing as fook.

I went with my boy at the end of last season on a weekend. There was a queue outside before opening time and it was packed by time we left. That is obviously an English FA attraction though so not really comparable to a one club museum

I went with my boy at the end of last season on a weekend. There was a queue outside before opening time and it was packed by time we left. That is obviously an English FA attraction though so not really comparable to a one club museum
Yeah, obviously English FA. I'm, wondering if your visit was coinciding with special events for the Womens Euros though? Deserted when I was there last week.

Either way, I just don't think the notion that the Rangers Museum will become a major tourist attraction for non-Rangers fans is feasible.

Is Glasgow still one of Europe's top destinations for conferences ?,I know it was in the past .
We do get some amount of visitors to our city ,I'm sure if marketed at the airport we could pull in some of the tourists .

For years, the posters on here, and the fanbase in general, have demanded the club have a Museum and a new cafe/ bar, etc, directly adjacent to the Stadium. Now that such a facility is in the process of being created, there is endless negativity. It is depressing as fook.
It’s not negativity it’s realism. If you think that we will be having a sports bar at the stadium which will be open on a daily basis you need a reality check. Any sports bar we have will be match day use.
The museum will be a couple of rooms joined to the new shop.
How often do you intend visiting a museum yourself, weekly? Are you going to frequent the sports bar on a regular basis outside of match days?
I’ve said earlier on the thread that I think this venue will be a great success and I still stand by that.

I get what your saying but I've been in loads of sports bar where designed right has space and seating booths. Great for comfort and atmosphere. Need best of both imo. Like said club can do case studies on others in UK and abroad to get best contemporary design for both matchday and non matchday.
Easiest thing in the world to design a pub from scratch

It’s not negativity it’s realism. If you think that we will be having a sports bar at the stadium which will be open on a daily basis you need a reality check. Any sports bar we have will be match day use.
The museum will be a couple of rooms joined to the new shop.
How often do you intend visiting a museum yourself, weekly? Are you going to frequent the sports bar on a regular basis outside of match days?
I’ve said earlier on the thread that I think this venue will be a great success and I still stand by that.
Why are just saying nonsense with zero facts to back it up?

Back