MOTM Poll Rangers v Ajax - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You’re assuming the board will invest in the team.

They made more money last season in Europe than they will this season and look at how little was invested in the summer window.

Where has the money gone?
Wages. Inadequate signings. It takes two minutes to look at the last few years accounts and understand our financial reality.

We spend what we had this summer, or earmarked the large majority of it (Tillman and Sands). We just didn’t spend it particularly wisely. No one can look at the Champions League campaign and think we get value for our spend on players and wages.

How many goals does Morelos have in Europe this season and how many does Colak have?

You would honestly want to see Morelos after that miss again tonight.
How many minutes have both played in Europe?

100% Morelos should be starting these games yes. Colak barely touched the ball whereas Morelos won us free kicks, held the ball up and forced their keeper into an error that he should have finished.

Yet he still does more than Colak against tougher opposition. Colak has barely touched the ball for the full Champions League campaign.

Morelos should be starting these games and Colak domestically
Colak (and Tillman) got us into the Champions League, while Morelos was getting himself dropped from the squad for a pointless red card.

And we''ve paid the price more than once for Morelos' lack of sharpness that stems from that - including tonight!

You’re assuming the board will invest in the team.

They made more money last season in Europe than they will this season and look at how little was invested in the summer window.

Where has the money gone?
You miss the word hopefully?

I remember being excited who we would bring in after beating PSV. Thought we would invest £10m or so into first team players and we did heehaw

Like that time I went to see Rocky V in 1991, this Champions League campaign was eagerly anticipated for years but turned out to be staggeringly bad and by the end Alfredo Morelos' sitter was the equivalent of Elton John's end credit song.

Fúck them both royally.

Well, back to the grind of SPL football.
Hopefully we can get some players back after the WC because we are really struggling.
Need to get rid of a few too

I honestly don’t know what we expected with no defence and no defenders.

We’ve been utterly destroyed with injuries at the back and in midfield.

All I can say is thank f*#k this season’s European campaign is now done.
Indeed.

Most years we have 4 central defenders in the squad and #4 doesn't get enough game time to justify being there.

We're 24 games in this season and options 5 and 6 are playing their 16th and 17th games already.

Officially the worst performing team in the entire history of the Champions League.

Worse even than Viktoria Plzen who were in a Group with Inter, Bayern and Barca.

If Rangers hadn't bothered to turn up and had forfeited each game 3-0, we'd still have done better than we did.

Well done, Gio.

How many minutes have both played in Europe?

100% Morelos should be starting these games yes. Colak barely touched the ball whereas Morelos won us free kicks, held the ball up and forced their keeper into an error that he should have finished.
Who got us to this stage?

Have you forgot how to answer questions again?

How did we go from Europa League finalists to worst ever team in the Chamions League, in six months! Disgraceful really.
Sold Bassey
Lost Goldson
Tav knackered
Mcgregor done

And that's just defence.
Add to that a complete lack of investment in the squad its not really that much of a surprise

Don't talk pish ffs. Pedro was humiliated by a bunch of plumbers from Luxembourg. We've been beaten tonight by a better side whilst we have about 10 first team players missing.

Disappointing aye, but by no means a disgrace tonight.
I struggle to understand how that can happen tbh.

Something is very wrong.

I know this was brutal, and i hate to bring them up, but they are panicking because carter vickers is out tomorrow. How many defenders do we have injured? King is 18 playing at the absolute top level and being found out. He looks fantastic on Scotland IMO.
While this was a humiliating experience, the cards really have been stacked against us.
This is not an excuse for lack of fight, just a bit of perspective (even if you think its a shite one).

How many goals does Morelos have in Europe this season and how many does Colak have?

You would honestly want to see Morelos after that miss again tonight, it was embarrassing.
It’s actually amazing how much you defend Gio for absolutely everything even after countless embarrassments yet slate our all time top scorer in Europe.

Gio once again fails and it’s all Morelos fault

Our only real goal tonight was to not be the worst champs league team in history and we somehow managed to fk that up.

From the highs of last year to this. Shambles.

Gio cannot be allowed to continue.
Would we have still been the worst team if we kept it at 2-1?

Back