MOTM Poll Rangers v Ajax - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He’s a young lad learning his craft.

Has been chucked in at deep end and tbh wtf are we expecting from a kid at that age with that experience? Madness if we expect more.

The only concern there should be is him having his confidence scudded.

Been truly unlucky with injuries, and the souttar thing has been done to death - awful decision, but highly doubt it would make much difference. With every passing week of absence he nears nesta status. He’s simply an ok player.
I expect his own supposed fans will do far more damage to his confidence than getting outclassed in the Champions League
Leon ‘does well apart from the goal’ King playing as good as ever. But, but, but I’m so glad he’s a product of Rangers youth academy though..

Much bigger problems than him btw, but fed up of listening to how brilliant he is when the simplest of mistakes get made time and time again.
King should be nowhere near the first team after tonight his defending is horrific.
And the rest…

Forgetting the scoreline against the sheep. Attitude alone, you've got to ask how we can go from the performance at the weekend with drive, team cohesion, passion, desire to win for a full 90 minutes to what we've just witnessed tonight. It's like a tap just just got switched back off again tonight.

Previously
Played an English team in UCL Group stages 2 matches 1 point
Played an Italian team in UCL Group stages, 2 matches 0 points
Played Ajax in UCL Group stage, 2 matches 0 points.
Anybody who expected any more than 1 point was deluded.

And so it begins again mate, relentless threads await of who is angriest.
Be a Wilson out, Gio out, Tav never a Captain, bring back Gerrard before the nights done :mad:

Can't say Tav's not a captain right enough, he done the post match interview again.

Apparently that's how it works...

Forgetting the scoreline against the sheep. Attitude alone, you've got to ask how we can go from the performance at the weekend with drive, team cohesion, passion, desire to win for a full 90 minutes to what we've just witnessed tonight. It's like a tap just just got switched back off again tonight.
I’d love to say Lundstram and Davies would have made a huge difference but they never in previous CL game so be hard for that argument to hold

the sheep were shite, thats the reality

As bad as Gio has been in Europe this season we need to share the blame towards the board and DOF for failing to strengthen us to atleast keep the scores respectable.

We have been an utter embarrassment and thats putting it PG…Gio done the hard part in qualifying but for what? A healthier bank balance and being the worst team to ever play in the CL groups? Was it worth it?

We have progressed through 6 knock out ties this year, quite an achievement.

The group games have been horrific, Ģio is like McLeish on steroids, unreal.

Ally mentioned we should be more aggressive.
Across 6 games we accumulated 7 bookings. 4 in the home game vs Napoli.
We are not aggressive enough.
I agree we are not aggressive enough.
But it has looked like on the whole we could not get close enough to some of the players we have been up against to foul them.

A bet I had on tonight included over 1 booking each team.
Never looked like touching them

Because you can't compare Aberdeen with Ajax. They don't allow you to have any control of the game and that makes you look good v Aberdeen and crap v Ajax.

Tav at 31 years old states it’s a learning curve, normally it’s we take positives from the game. Can’t wait for Gio interview will that be learning curve as well, shocking champions league campaign.
”Learning Curve“ for who Tav, Davis Arfield Greggs ffs

Voted for Sands. He certainly benefits from the European games instead of the domestic ones where there is often a big lump upfront.

Taking off Tillman for Wright was madness. Wright hardly found a player with the few touches he had. Tillman is slow at times but at least he tries to play forward. So many others are content to drop it off sideways and back and let someone else do it.

Because we were playing against a load of pish on Saturday.

And so it begins again mate, relentless threads await of who is angriest.
Be a Wilson out, Gio out, Tav never a Captain, bring back Gerrard before the nights done :mad:
Had to leave the pub before I said something to a gobshite.

No understanding of our situation.

We wanted CL we got CL and we were not able to compete everything that could go wrong did go wrong focus now goes to the league hopefully we manage until the WC starts and we come out the other side of the break stronger with some players coming back into the team, looking forward to the next stage with our team hopefully back up to strength.

Probably enjoyed that more than any of the other champions league nights. Such as it is

Real funny gallows humour around those who stuck it out at Ibrox

And the Ajax fans were the best I have seen in a long time. I mean they didn’t stop all night. Sorry union bears, even from the main stand you couldn’t be heard over the Dutch

Walking back from the game and my only emotion is absolute relief that the Champions League is over.

Tomorrow I’ll realise how much of a slog is ahead for the rest of this season. I count at least 13, maybe 15 of this squad are done, have no Rangers future or have chronic injuries.

Aberdeen played right into our hands. Back to the grind on Sunday against a St Johnstone wall.

Reactions: dmg
Yeah, because they don't produce in other manners. Besides the 14 CL trophies between them.
Do they back their players in heated situations though?
Your criteria, not mine

Presumably he was captain material for 55 and lifting our first Scottish Cup in 12 years, oh and our outstanding EL campaigns of which there are many.

Relatively speaking to those CL winners, he probably does meet your criteria no?

That's what happens when you have Helander and Souttar as two of your options. An entirely predicable scenario. Balogun going was a mistake too.
I'd agree Helander and Souttar is one injury risk too many but we probably thought that was a way to give King a few games over the season. Both Goldson and Davies missing months couldn't really be predicted other than on a "Sod's law" basis.

Balogun was the right decision. As much as I like the big man we did not need yet another 34 year old - especially one whose biggest asset is/was pace and whose new club are only playing him one game in two to preserve his fitness.

I live 420 miles away mate but my ST in MRT was sat on for every second of the Liverpool capitulation as it was for Napoli
Maybe you were just really hungry!

As I say, weak threshold for defeat after what we’ve been through is my opinion.
At least I showed up.

Done more than Colak tonight
Yeah... tonight he did. Tho tbf, he came on as a sub at a point Ajax had chucked it and he missed an open goal. Thing is, Morelos seems to only put the effort in when it's these big games. In the league he doesn't look interested anymore and I'd always play colak... unless his attitude changed.

King should be nowhere near the first team after tonight his defending is horrific.
Before diving in and slagging King off, perhaps you should consider why we have ended up having to play an 18yo central defender in a crucuial CL game.

We started this season with one fit recoginised defender - Goldson. We all know the history about the others.

Recrutiment is the responsibility of Ross Wilson and he f*cked it up big time.

He should be the first one out the door.

Back