Gio league form in isolation

Goldenboot

If we look at Gio's league record in isolation and take away the EL and the SC then we can see it's just not good enough.
He come in with a 6 point head start last season and lost the league by 4 points. Now he is 7 behind in November. That's a total of 17 points worse off than them since he joined a year ago. Including various scuddings from them!

It's just not good enough and surely the board can see this. This can't continue.

Edit: apologise folks got the numbers wrong. Lost the league by 4 points.

Last edited:
Considering the position of strength we were in when he took over, that is quite something

If we look at Gio's league record in isolation and take away the EL and the SC then we can see it's just not good enough.
He come in with a 6 point head start last season and lost the league by 12 points. 12 points!! Now he is 7 behind in November. That's a total of 19 points worse off than them since he joined a year ago. Including various scuddings from them!

It's just not good enough and surely the board can see this. This can't continue.
He came in with a 4 point lead. Point stands though.

He come in with a 6 point head start last season and lost the league by 12 points. 12 points!! Now he is 7 behind in November. That's a total of 19 points worse off than them since he joined a year ago. Including various scuddings from them!

I get your sentiment but we lost the league by 4 points, not 12, unless I’m misunderstanding. Unless you mean the swing but it’s still not 12.

No matter how you cut it, he isn't doing a good job.

Took on a title winning team with a healthy league and now we are miles behind and get pumped by celtic when we face them under him.

We lost the league by 4 points and he took over 4 points ahead.

He needs to go either way.

I want Gio gone, but I won’t use misinformation to make my point.

We lost the league by 4 points and we were 4 clear when he took over.

His second league match in charge was as bad as some of our worst performances, we just got a late penalty to win it that night. We have been poor to watch in the league considering the advantage we have over 10 clubs since he got the job. Winning a cup and the great run in europe gave some hope that with a preseason that could change but it's been the opposite. Now our fitness is a shambles and nothing has changed tactically.

But we all wanted him that's the thing he was the popular choice.

Because he was a brilliant player and we let nostalgia blind us.

The warning signs were there. There were loads of articles and indicators from Feyenoord fans telling us exactly what to expect and no one (including me) wanted to listen.

We lost the league by four points last season and are now seven points behind so from a six point lead it’s a 13 point turnaround but your point remains….. unacceptable by any measure!

Since he came in I thought it was clear it was going to go this way domestically.

The Europa Run last season got him credit in the bank but it was majority of boring performances last season under him in the league.

He came in with a four point lead and lost the league by 4 points.

Where is this 12 points nonsense?

If you can’t make basic facts your full argument falls down.

See when you start threads, get all facts right, instead of making stuff up.

It was 4 points we lost the league by last season

If the board aren’t on the phone to each other just now talking about sacking him they are a bigger shambles than I thought.

His second league match in charge was as bad as some of our worst performances, we just got a late penalty to win it that night. We have been poor to watch in the league considering the advantage we have over 10 clubs since he got the job. Winning a cup and the great run in europe gave some hope that with a preseason that could change but it's been the opposite. Now our fitness is a shambles and nothing has changed tactically.
That December was generally a hard watch under him.

St Johnstone, St Mirren, Dundee United & Hibs were all terrible games.

But we all wanted him that's the thing he was the popular choice.
No, we were told he was the number one target and most said that he was a good choice. I don't think many fans would have picked him if they had a free choice. Wilson picked him, not the fans.

18 point differential since he became manager

7 point lead
Lost the league by 4 points
7 point deficit now

That’s 6 games lost between thrn and now

Ffs board look at the facts

some fans are still in denial

the same as ally was going to turn things around, same as warburton, pedro

we need a clear out and fast

It’s even worse because in the league we’ve not laid a glove on the filth.

It’s impossible to just win every game every year against the teams outwith them but if your doing that AND not beating them your out the door.

Im not defending Gio. But look at the 2 windows since he came in. Infact add Gerrards last window to that. The 3 windows since we won 55.

Compare our signings to theirs and the money spent.

Then ask where the problem lies.

What was the actual pints differential between us and them the weekend they won the league. I honestly can’t remember.

Was it greater than 4 and then they slipped up after the league was won?

No, we were told he was the number one target and most said that he was a good choice. I don't think many fans would have picked him if they had a free choice. Wilson picked him, not the fans.
He was championed on here at the time and was seen as a great fit for us.

Back