World Cup Commentators/Pundits - Let’s slag them off

The Shadow

Harrison commentating on the Tunisia v Denmark match, as usual talking one lot of shite.

However, the one that really annoys me is that wee South African bird from SKY, Melissa Reddy. Obviously there as she ticks boxes. Never adds anything about the football, always talking about psychology shit. Shite pundit.

Which commentators/pundits get on your titties?

Dion Dublin and Jermaine Jenas. One never shuts the furk up for the whole game and speaks utter shaite constantly, speaks more than the actual commentator .The other is a miserable basturt that also speaks shaite and sucks the life out of even the most exciting games, the new mark lawrenson. Also hartson is a fat furkin bheast rat that should be nowhere near any commentary or punditry.

Now we're talking

Jenas was unreal yesterday, such a prick
Harston is a moron, doesn't even know rules
Dixon is a dinosaur, how does he still get a gig
Finally, Clive loses staunch points for working alongside that Welsh knob

Looks like we've been spared Martin Keown this time round. I remember he went on an unprovoked rant that people might be "reading a book" rather than watching some WC match he was doing co-comms for. He signed it off with, "Get a life." o_O

Harrison commentating on the Tunisia v Denmark match, as usual talking one lot of shite.

However, the one that really annoys me is that wee South African bird from SKY, Melissa Reddy. Obviously there as she ticks boxes. Never adds anything about the football, always talking about psychology shit. Shite pundit.

Ah, the old "she's shit, must be a box ticker".

I think I can just about listen to Clive and Ally.

Hartson, Dublin and Jenas absolute nightmare. You'd think they were world class the way they make comments about far better players than they ever were :mad:

Not sure on that Reddy like, I struggle to take her seriously but she seems really informed - I always wonder how the hell she knows certain stuff. I don't think she is box ticking as she would have been found out on that Sunday Supplement surely and even more so the Independent.

Last edited:

Reddy is excellent, she has written for the Athletic and the Independent and also wrote an acclaimed book on Klopp’s Liverpool.

She certainly knows her football and is very tidy - what more could you want?

Dating Sadio Mane as well.

Jenas is painful, and so biased when commentating on England, he actually criticised Iran for not giving England enough space, but Hartson is the idiots idiot, he can barely string two sentences together, doesn’t know the rules, doesn’t understand tactics, he actually described a “professional foul” by USA as a cynical assault, it was a foul rightly punished by a yellow card. Who at ITV thought “Hartson a cracking pundit, let’s get him” ? :rolleyes:

So far, the worst have been Dion Dublin and Hartson. That girl from BBC is a pain the arse as well, she constantly brings the conversation back to her and what she has done before.

Dion Dublin was just mental, he just talked some amount of shit and then tried to diagnose every injury that happened in the game.

Hartson is just clueless. He literally is just thick. He doesn't know the players names, keeps calling the linesman Lino, doesn't understand any rule that's been introduced in the last 10 years. Doesn't remember what conversation he has been having with his co-commentator. Its embarrassing.

Hartson regularly forgetting players' names and talking all round rubbish.

Poor chip fae striker is the "best save hes ever saw in his life" by casper.

Ffs fatboy it was a good save but calm down man.

I'll give hartson some slack he was brought up in Welsh valley and has half a brain missing so no surprise he's a slobbering Diddy.

Dion Dublin and jermaine jenas the worst for me so far.

The bird in the Denmark game is she not the girl from Afghanistan who fled became a doctor and scored like 100 goals for Denmark ladies? Some going but we all know why she's there, only surprise is bbc didn't get her first

If only all games were done by Jon Champion & Ally. Some of them are dreadful.

For example, listening to Vicky Sparkes and Pat Nevin on Five Live just now.

ffs-murraygoldberg.gif

Fair m thread to start!
That’s 2 games that have had threads sabotaged with the cabbage bashing of Hartson.

Lee Dixon I’m sure it was could barely raise anything above a monotone drone in the Saudi Arabia game, which was an unbelievably exciting game. Not that you’d have known from that knob

If only all games were done by Jon Champion & Ally. Some of them are dreadful.

For example, listening to Vicky Sparkes and Pat Nevin on Five Live just now.

ffs-murraygoldberg.gif
Dean Ashton coming across well on TalkSport, never heard him on comms before

Not coming at this cos he played for them. He was paid to do a job and he did it. However hartson is fecking shit.

Jenas sounds like a wee boy who is dogging school and hiding in a commentary box.

Hartson is awful, and the commentated Sev Hutchinson isn’t great either so having them partnered is brutal.

Haven’t watched much of the studio coverage so can’t really comment but not surprised Eni Aluko has been mentioned. She’s awful.

They're a shower of fannies except Souness and Super Ally. The biggest fanny of world cup commentary is Hartson. Clueless gibbering,talking shite especially shite he knows nothing about and that's just about everything.

Back