Rangers being sued for £9.5m by Elite Sports (Hummel brand partner in UK)

I’m actually glad Bennet came out with that.

It sums up the absolute chasm that exists between our board and reality.

Nearly as embarrassing as Parks gushing praise of our football department in the annual accounts, written about 3 weeks before he sacked the manager.
This has all been building since the day 55 was clinched job done pat on the backs sit back ... and that's where it's went wrong.

The board really are so out of touch with the fanbase and it's been %^*& up after %^*& up aye they'll hide behind the financial results at the AGM but what's been allowed to happen under there watch is unforgivable we are a 24/7 laughing stock again.

Basically the Europa league run money and transfers out have been used to pay these cnuts off.
Annoyed as fcuk about this latest %^*& up.

This is still fall out from fat man. We tried and failed to go down a different route to break his hold. It eventually happened, but this can all be traced back to the spivs and Ashley's place men. Boards since haven't covered themselves in legal glory, but it is what it is. We haven't lost this one yet...

As I understood it the contract we had with Elite/Hummel was dissolved by the judge during our court battle with Sports Direct.
How can we be accused of not performing a contract that was dissolved by a judge?

This is getting beyond a joke. I sincerely hope we go after every single idiot that helped lay out these deals.

Like our current board members? The Hummel/elite thing started and “ended” under their watch.

There’s no “legacy” issues related to that. This one is 100% on them.

As I understood it the contract we had with Elite/Hummel was dissolved by the judge during our court battle with Sports Direct.
How can we be accused of not performing a contract that was dissolved by a judge?
Exactly, I thought this was all over months ago, am I being naive here? Cause I don’t see how they could try sue us..

Like our current board members? The Hummel/elite thing started and “ended” under their watch.

There’s no “legacy” issues related to that. This one is 100% on them.
I don’t think that’s entirely true The Hummel/ Elite deal had to be framed in a way to try to get us out of the Sports Direct deal

Who exactly gives legal advice to the Rangers board The three stooges?

Guaranteed the minute we hand out yet another pile of cash to this mob something else will come along and we'll be back here again inside two years.

This is exactly why this board needs to stand down they are utterly out of their depth trying to run a football club.
Sydney is in the post.

This is a joke. The off field drama is never ending.

Interesting to see if Rangers argument will hold up that Elite (Hummel) and Castore are completely different business models and not possible for Hummel to simply look at a slaws ledger and demand comp.

Either way, F*ck Hummel!

Exactly, I thought this was all over months ago, am I being naive here? Cause I don’t see how they could try sue us..
F*ck knows mate.
Any compensation owed to Sports Direct we were led to believe was capped at 1m by our contract. However, the fat c*nt walked off with 8m.
Now Elite are suing for 9.5m which covers their losses up to 2023. If I remember correctly our contract with them was only for 3 years!
We desperately need lawyers that know what they are doing.

Batter in cuntos.

The Sun?

Ffs. Must be true.
It's 100% true.

This was always in thre pipeline - today was just the day when the shit hit the fan.

We were under contract to SD and some geniuses thought we could simply walk away from those contractural obligations without any form of recourse from SD - we couldn't and it cost us millions in damages / compensation.

At the same time, we entered into a second contract with Elite / Hummel and were unable to fulfill those obligations (due to still being under contract to SD). This in turn, led to us being sued by Elite / Hummel for breach of contract and we now face having to pay them tens of millions in compensation / damages.

It's quite stunning, that someone somewhere, believed we could renege on TWO merchandising contracts and could simply walk away from both without serious ramifications, recompense or negative impact.

Sterling work Rangers - gross mismanagement on a gargantuan scale.

Apparently Southampton and Millwall have severed their links to Elite i.e. Hummel. They are going bankrupt.

They are desperate and this is the last through of the dice.

It's 100% true.

This was always in thre pipeline - today was just the day when the shit hit the fan.

We were under contract to SD and some geniuses thought we could simply walk away from those contractural obligations without any form of recourse from SD - we couldn't and it cost us millions in damages / compensation.

At the same time, we entered into a second contract with Elite / Hummel and were unable to fulfill those obligations (due to still being under contract to SD). This in turn, led to us being sued by Elite / Hummel for breach of contract and we now face having to pay them tens of millions in compensation / damages.

It's quite stunning, that someone somewhere, believed we could renege on TWO merchandising contracts and could simply walk away from both without serious ramifications, recompense or negative impact.

Tens of millions?

Had a few excitement pills have we.

True or not, I'd rather stories like this surfaced before the AGM, rather than afterwards.

Hopefully the board set the record straight (well as much as is legally possible) on this topic, as well as a few others, on the 6th December.

The Club really should make this year's AGM a PPV event for non attendees. The money we'd make might just pay off Hummel. :p

It's 100% true.

So we didn't have the capacity to contract with Elite. It was on those grounds a judge ordered us to stop performing the Elite contract. This should mean a legally binding contract never existed between Elite and Rangers. I f*cking hope so anyway.

The Sun…pinch of salt reading!

The sub-headline says “sued for £9.5m” whilst the quoted text at the end of the article states that they are suing us for lost profit on earnings. There’s a very fūcking big difference between the two and it’s yet again lazy reporting from that toilet paper.

I thought they owed us money, so hopefully it’ll get settled ‘neutrally!’

And despite what some think, Dave King is the only astute businessman I’d trust to wangle us out of this mess in court, as I certainly don’t trust any of the current clowns on the Board.
So it is the profit on 10m of potential sales which might be 1 or 2 million, am i reading that correctly?

It's 100% true.

We need change.

We will lose. We won’t go after anyone involved in the signing of these ‘deals’. Again we’ve been f ucked! :mad:

So we didn't have the capacity to contract with Elite. It was on those grounds a judge ordered us to stop performing the Elite contract. This should mean a legally binding contract never existed between Elite and Rangers. I f*cking hope so anyway.
Would still likely lead to a damages claim for losses incurred due to entering into the contract.

Correct, all stems from that matching clause that someone chose to ignore. Not sure if we'll realistically be liable for full 9.5m but will be a fair chunk of that.
I can definitely see something being awarded given that the judge has ordered us to release the Castore numbers. Hopefully not too bad.

Back