Rangers being sued for £9.5m by Elite Sports (Hummel brand partner in UK)

So Elite are going bankrupt (allegedly) and Elite own Hummel so does this mean Hummel will disappear if no one buys the business? Despite our troubles with them, they've made some iconic kits over the years.
Who gives a f*ck about that?

I don't think so anyway, sounds like Elite are just some sort of UK partner of them.

So all we had to do was make one phone call/email to sports direct to say we had another offer on the table from Hummel, do they want to match it?

This one simple basic action could have avoided a 8m payout and another 9m lawsuit?

Guess even an ounce of competency is too much to ask at rangers these days.

Hummel appear to be owned by Thornico, a Danish conglomerate who own businesses in the food, real estate, packaging, shipping and sport and leisure sectors. https://www.thornico.com/group-structure/

Elite is a UK business which appears ultimately to be majority owned by an individual, Neil Friar.

From what I can see, Hummel don’t own Elite and Elite don’t own Hummel. There is no ownership link at all. If I recall correctly, Rangers contracted with Hummel to design and manufacture our kit; and with Elite to sell that kit through Elite’s retail outlets (a few shops plus an online platform?).

Tbf to current chairman, I believe this sh!tshow is owned by Blair and King.

* £3m to SDI to end the totally lop-sided 7p in the £ for a shirt or whatever it was.

* New agreement with SDI, SDI have the option to match any deal we get, option is there forever (!) or until SDI decide not to match.

* Rangers sign contract with Elite/ Hummel and don’t let SDI match or see deal. Pretty sure Blair was ripped by the judge when SDI took us to court and won.

* Find out in this years accounts that we owe SDI £8m.

* Elite / Hummel chasing us for £10m, we lose opening arguments and have to disclose number of shirt sales.

Outfûckinstanding.

Just for clarity here, there’s waaaaay to much being read in to this at an early stage.

It reads to me like a busted flush trying to shoot the moon, using 2 shit card analogies.

They are hoping for a settlement that keeps things afloat. These things cost too much in legal fees (as we know) for an org in that financial position to bear.

Won’t result in much. It’s freefall for the press to latch on to at present. Any story is attacked with vehemence.

9.5m is a nonsense.

It may still cost 1-2 including legal fees but even then it’s a number that is max cap being touted by fearmongerers.

Will it even get that far?

The galling element may well be 500k legal with no case to answer and no retrospective capacity to recoup.

Is my reading of it.

Hummel appear to be owned by Thornico, a Danish conglomerate who own businesses in the food, real estate, packaging, shipping and sport and leisure sectors. https://www.thornico.com/group-structure/

Elite is a UK business which appears ultimately to be majority owned by an individual, Neil Friar.

From what I can see, Hummel don’t own Elite and Elite don’t own Hummel. There is no ownership link at all. If I recall correctly, Rangers contracted with Hummel to design and manufacture our kit; and with Elite to sell that kit through Elite’s retail outlets (a few shops plus an online platform?).
Elite have the rights to market and distribute Hummel in the UK I think.

Pretty sure that's the relationship.

Reactions: ald
Nothing to do with it.

The JJB deal was actually a fantastic deal for the business as a whole.

The issues started when Ashley became involved and his men entered us into all sorts of contracts weighted in his favour.
Do you think Ashley only got involved in 2012 because I don't.

“We are seeking loss of profit suffered by the pursuer for season 2018/19, 20/21 and up to and including September 2023.

“At this stage the exact sales figures of shirts sold are still unknown and all we have is an estimate.”

I just don't see how we can be on the hook to them after we ended the deal with them. Especially not after Bisgrove said this in May 2020

James Bisgrove, Director of Commercial and Marketing said: “The club is incredibly excited to introduce its new kit & retail partner to Rangers supporters world-wide imminently. This represents a clean slate and marks the start of a new era in the club’s commercial retail operations. The partnership will be a significant step forward in Rangers’ recent history.”

Bisgrove track record is getting worse. Sportemongo and now this. He has to be in line for his jotters.

Tbf to current chairman, I believe this sh!tshow is owned by Blair and King.

* £3m to SDI to end the totally lop-sided 7p in the £ for a shirt or whatever it was.

* New agreement with SDI, SDI have the option to match any deal we get, option is there forever (!) or until SDI decide not to match.

* Rangers sign contract with Elite/ Hummel and don’t let SDI match or see deal. Pretty sure Blair was ripped by the judge when SDI took us to court and won.

* Find out in this years accounts that we owe SDI £8m.

* Elite / Hummel chasing us for £10m, we lose opening arguments and have to disclose number of shirt sales.

Outfûckinstanding.
How is James Blair still involved with us like seriously he must have cost us about £20m so far.

The AGM will be interesting. I expect the board will say that they cannot comment on the hummel situation due to it being a live legal matter.

The last 10 years following Rangers has been full of lots of lows and very few highs. This is another low and is quite frankly embarrassing. How we managed to get ourselves into such a mess is beyond me.

Was wondering how this would have played out. Sadly I think they are due something from us after what happened.

That’s just my take on it pal, but yes.

Which is why when we take into account what they apparently owe us, I reckon it’ll end up being a neutral settlement!
This is what I was hoping.

Whilst sales might be £10m, wouldn't it be the margin on £10m sales?

Let's say 40% margin, then circa £4m. Given they withheld around £3m.

Maybe, just maybe, it's not as bad as the headline but still as fucking annoying

Just for clarity here, there’s waaaaay to much being read in to this at an early stage.

It reads to me like a busted flush trying to shoot the moon, using 2 shit card analogies.

They are hoping for a settlement that keeps things afloat. These things cost too much in legal fees (as we know) for an org in that financial position to bear.

Won’t result in much. It’s freefall for the press to latch on to at present. Any story is attacked with vehemence.

9.5m is a nonsense.

It may still cost 1-2 including legal fees but even then it’s a number that is max cap being touted by fearmongerers.

Will it even get that far?

The galling element may well be 500k legal with no case to answer and no retrospective capacity to recoup.

Is my reading of it.
We heard all this bravado in the early knockings of the SD legal case. It appears our legal people are as incompetent as our Board.

A judge ordered Rangers to stop performing the contract with Elite.
no offence mate but reading your posts in the past and current your in legal work

as i remember you thought the amount owed sports direct would be under 2 millions

so if money was owed to that fat slug was due wouldnt money be due to elite/Hummel

Back