If it is Mick, let's give him a chance

Really? If he was confident he would hold out for a job in one of the top leagues in the world, not the backwater that is the SPFL.

What's telling for me is that QPR do not seem bothered in the slightest about him leaving. Got to ask ourselves why that is??

Off course we support him if he gets the job but I am sure I am not the only one who has severe reservations.
He'll have a clause in his contract that allows him to speak to other/bigger clubs if they approach, therefore QPR will be unable to stand in his way.

Whether Beale would be a good appointment we don’t know yet, but there are several things in his favour other than his proven ability as a coach. He knows the club, the league, the other clubs grounds and players, the fans expectations, and most of the players. Which means no settling in period, and can hit the ground running. A lot of folk might prefer the sexiness of an up and coming foreigner they never heard of until last week, but that would be a massive gamble for a club like ours.

A lot of managers are happy to be passed about the championship or bottom of the EPL, collecting good wages, where even qualifying for the Europa Conference League would be considered an amazing achievement. At least up here Beale can aim for actually winning stuff with a proper football club and aiming to get into the CL, and that shows a bit of class and mettle in my opinion, in that he is not seduced by the vanity of, or money available, in the EPL.

Just your point about him having the confidence and belief in himself to wait and see if we offer him the job. I haven't seen anyone with that view on here, just negativity.
Genuinely just wasn’t sure I agree though far too much negativity, some people could find a fault in us appointing Tuchel, I’m genuinely excited for a fresh start now hopefully do a cup double.

I don’t think there’s any issue with the fans giving him a chance. He has enough good grace from his previous spell here.

The question is whether the board will really give him the chance to go and compete or whether he’ll be fighting with one hand tied behind his back. That’s the real concern for me.
Me 2

Not happy in the slightest with the appointment but I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong. I will vent my frustrations on an online forum but always support my team from the stands.

Genuinely just wasn’t sure I agree though far too much negativity, some people could find a fault in us appointing Tuchel, I’m genuinely excited for a fresh start now hopefully do a cup double.
For me the biggest problem is players. The team is done and needs a rebuild, regardless of who the new manager is. The negativity towards Beale i think, stems from worries over his loyalty to players who currently are not playing as well as they could be, for various reasons.

The foreign guys don’t have a clue about the league and teams etc so they have no experience of Scottish football
Mick Beale has a little but not a lot of experience as a manager but knows the club league and players. He knows who needs booted and who needs a cuddle to get the ball rolling again. If you’re concerned about experience in management Sir Walter did not too bad in similar circumstances

Not overly convinced this is the right move, but wasn't convinced when Walter took over after Souness left, and look how that worked our.

The bigger problem, for me, is replacing an aging, injury prone squad. Will the board provide the money or are our youth players good enough to compete with the scum.

Cmon I remember Souness’ assistant got the gig and he turned out not too bad. I will support him but I just hope the board backs him.
I said the other day if this messageboard board had existed when Walter got the managers job.there would have been countless posts about it being “a lazy appointment” “he has no managerial experience” etc etc

Might just be me. But I've been a bit taken aback by negativity from many. I wanted him to get it a year ago. I believe he has potential to be top manager.

I said the other day if this messageboard board had existed when Walter got the managers job.there would have been countless posts about it being “a lazy appointment” “he has no managerial experience” etc etc
The only thing though in Walter's favour was that he was the Assistant Manager of a team that was winning trophies and were in the habit of winning.

It's the laziest appointment imaginable, yet not surprising in the slightest.

The fans are bored of the football this season, not remember it being boring under Gerrard/Beale a lot of the time too?

Was really hoping for a completely fresh approach and optimistically an attacking style of football. Ah well.

I fully expect Mick to give his all he loves the club. He may be inexperienced but his no.2 has a big responsibility in helping him through and advising him through difficult periods.
Excited to see him wearing the suit and brown brogues on the touchline.
Didn’t realise he was taken over Charlton.

If it is Beale, which I am overly for or against, can we stop calling him fucking Mick?
It does seem odd having a Mick in charge at Rangers, however that’s what he gets called so we just have to get used to it!

If he puts a winning side on the park I couldn’t give a toss what he gets called to be honest

Cards on the table, I wanted Beale. His experience (as a coach), reputation, and passion for the club won me over.

He could yet be a disaster, but I think he has the man management skills and coaching credentials to be a success.

I've read a lot about this being a "lazy appointment" and his imminent return seems to have really divided us.

I understand both camps, but let's give him a chance, eh? What can't be denied is that we are getting a talented and highly rated coach who loves our club enough to knock back a crack at the EPL.
Won’t happen as we have outsiders within our support who will push the negativity to a point where sheep will start to follow and write the same and then more sheep will follow and before long it’s not cool to back a manager and give him time as has just happened, very few took the horrendous injuries to our main part of our team where a young centre half and a young midfielder were thrown in and got skated at times

When Gerrard left i was hoping we'd consider Beale, had high hopes for him. So in that regard i would be pleased with his appointment.

A lot of players have glowing reports of him, the players would play for him. My only concern is he'd be too loyal to the players at the club who really should move on. The ones he built a relationship with in his time at the club before. As inevitably those same players will let him down somewhere down the line.

We need to rebuild.

I'll get behind any manager Rangers appoint
(Although I'm glad my resolve wasn't tested with Mcinnes & his mentally challenged backroom cronies )

I'll back MB to the hilt - but being realistic- I can see me being less tolerant of MB on some issues simply because there shouldn't be many surprises in store for him

He'll be fully aware of the bias with the press, officials & authorities.
He'll know to expect the hammer-throwing, 10 man defences & spoiling non-football tactics that are rife in our league
He'll know the financial limitations on fees & wages our board will inevitably apply
He'll know the current low standard of many of our players

Advance knowledge of all of the above should be a good thing & like I said - shouldn't be a surprise to him -
but this will also mean less excuses (if these things were actually excuses in the first place) & again I'll probably be less tolerant of him as a result

I’ll get behind him though no matter who it is, we can’t be handing out 4 and 5 year contracts. The new trend in the English Championship is to pay a higher wage but put managers on a 28 day notice.

So say it’s £50k a week, they pay them £70k a week but they go on 28 days notice if they are sacked. It’s designed to make sure the clubs can never be in a position that they can’t afford to sack a manager. This is where we should be going.

Things like this make me feel hopeful about the inevitable appointment.

In the end, football is a job & when any of us are in a job, if you have a manager who is well informed in the industry & communicates that well to you, then you inevitably perform better.

I think the other aspects like presence & stature are possibly being overthought & will be things he will grow into when in the role.

People said the same things about Ian Cathro.

The thing I like about FF is that you can express your opinion and get a good mix of positive, negative and sheer stupidity in response.

He wouldn’t have been my choice and I have lost any sense of excitement around some of the names being mentioned.

He'll have the backing of the fans but at this particular time throwing in a relative inexperienced manager who's going to need to rebuild the squad over the next 6-8 months with little money is some ask.

Yahoos are already strengthening in January and will probably outspend us again by £10m in the summer.

Even a hugely experienced manager is going to have his work cut out just not sure it's the right time for MB.

Correct. That's what makes it even more strange to me as one of Beale's main selling point is his relationship with and knowledge of the current squad.
As well as the fact that much of Gerrards success was down to Beal.

Just can’t get on board with this appointment sure i suppose I’ll have to by looks of it. But make no mistake this is a backwards appointment apart from 55 Beales so called mastermind behind Gerrards tactics hasn’t been that great. During his tenture we played pretty bad at times falling apart in second half of seasons regularly, struggling to find a way to break down the park the bus teams. Disasters in domestic cups. Another thing I fear is Beale coming in and giving it the old pals act with the players the players are as much to blame for this current mess as gio they need a proper kick up the arse and certain ones dropped even a handover of the captaincy but looks like they’ll all be back on the pitch come December with no consequences.

I really hope I’m wrong but this just oozes lazy appointment. At Rangers we need a proven winner as manager or even someone who has done wonders on low budget at a smaller club who could make the step up. people comparing Walter is crazy he was assistant of a very successful Rangers team already and already had success at Dundee United. If it is Beale then it is what it is but I really hope we have a strong take no prisoners assistant by his side as he'll need it with this squad

Cards on the table, I wanted Beale. His experience (as a coach), reputation, and passion for the club won me over.

He could yet be a disaster, but I think he has the man management skills and coaching credentials to be a success.

I've read a lot about this being a "lazy appointment" and his imminent return seems to have really divided us.

I understand both camps, but let's give him a chance, eh? What can't be denied is that we are getting a talented and highly rated coach who loves our club enough to knock back a crack at the EPL.
I think the massive majority of the support will do more than give him a chance. FF tends to think it’s representative of the broader support. My experience is it’s not.

A combination of filth supporters masquerading as our fans and genuine fans straining to win daft arguments over each other with ever more extreme versions of their original point means this place is as mad and bad as Twitter at times.

There's no doubting his coaching credentials and if he gets someone in to get players fitness levels up. Then its got to be a level from GVB & his crew

The players chucking it under Gio only for the board to bring in someone who the players like screams of the tail wagging the dog and is going to end up in a complete disaster.

This squad are at the end of their life cycle and need a serious refresh. I desperately wanted an experienced, take no shit manager who has his own ideas on how he wants to play and who would be given the transfer window and the remainder of the season to start implementing a new team and system.

Instead, we're getting an unimaginative, wildly inexperienced guy. One that says to me that we have absolutely no intention of any major shake-up in playing personnel, that we're hoping he can "get the old band back together".

Will get my full support. Absolutely not convinced this is the right choice.

He’s not my first choice, but he is clearly a manager who has a high potential and loved his time here.

Whatever misgivings we may have, Our support is generally very good at getting behind the man in charge once his appointment is confirmed. I’ve no doubt Beale will be the same

The negativity is incredible.

He's far from the finished article but this is where Scottish football is. We can't attract anyone with a consistent, winning pedigree who also understands our league and has the presence we need.

Gerrard was a project manager. Gio was a somewhat successful manager but had ended up in the wilderness. Nobody genuinely linked is perfect. So we're never getting what we think we need.

Beale is another project manager. Could be a huge payoff, could be the opposite. But it certainly won't be a huge payoff if we don't give it time and the board don't back him.

I expect to see big improvements under Beale. Each year under Gerrard we refined the system until we got the balance that worked and I think he will have learned a lot which can be built on without having to learn from a lot more mistakes. Fitness, set pieces and player motivation will improve significantly

Tactically he is very good, he has the respect of the players and I think he can be tough when necessary but time will tell on that one.

Main concern is the board/DOF will not give hime the tools he needs to succeed. This needs to be last chance saloon for Wilson and Robertson.

Let’s be honest if he can give us a coherent answer on when injured players are back it will be a step in the right direction

The foreign guys don’t have a clue about the league and teams etc so they have no experience of Scottish football
Mick Beale has a little but not a lot of experience as a manager but knows the club league and players. He knows who needs booted and who needs a cuddle to get the ball rolling again. If you’re concerned about experience in management Sir Walter did not too bad in similar circumstances
How do we explain the Hibs at Hampden debacle last season before Gio came in? Our football was stale, stuck in a rut with the same formations, bothing was changing. The same coaching team Michael Beale was part of had done all they could with this group of players, the squad in now arguable in a worse state than then and we are expecting Michael Beale to come in and improve us?

Whilst I'm possibly not quite as 'all in' as you, I do share a lot of these views. He'll get my full backing, just hope he gets the same from the club as a lot of the problems GVB faced will still exist whoever we get in.

How do we explain the Hibs at Hampden debacle last season before Gio came in? Our football was stale, stuck in a rut with the same formations, bothing was changing. The same coaching team Michael Beale was part of had done all they could with this group of players, the squad in now arguable in a worse state than then and we are expecting Michael Beale to come in and improve us?
We were in a bad run of form over several weeks, as we had had at other points in Gerrard's reign. Only because Gerrard and his team left has it become accepted wisdom that they'd run out of ideas and we would never have recovered. The start of last season had huge reminders of 1987/88 when, after a huge effort to win our first title in 9 years, there was a hangover from the success. We'll never know whether it was that, or something more permanent.

For what it's worth, I'm not 100% sold on appointing Beale. He will either be a spectacular success or a spectacular failure, and I don't think we are in a position to take that risk. I think an appointment that offered more confidence in moderate success would be more appropriate for us now. But, as you said in your post earlier in this thread, any doubts will be set aside if he's appointed, I will hope he is nothing but a success and will give him every chance to prove my doubts wrong.

Back