If it is Mick, let's give him a chance

I was hoping for one last hurrah with Neil Warnock. Has a liking for Rangers and is your quintessential no nonsense boss. There would be no slackers if he was in charge. I also suspect some of those media punters would be bricking themselves at a post match press conference. That’s the type of manager we need right now in my opinion.

not my choice i think we needed a tough talking no nonsence type manager,he seems another who dosent come across as having that needed ruthless streak.
but will get behind him 100%.
two things that need to happen though
1 brown brogues back on
2 lets get back to calling him michael !!!!
Get Souness on speed dial 1 on his mobile - just in case he needs advice on how to channel his inner bastard.

Cards on the table, I wanted Beale. His experience (as a coach), reputation, and passion for the club won me over.

He could yet be a disaster, but I think he has the man management skills and coaching credentials to be a success.

I've read a lot about this being a "lazy appointment" and his imminent return seems to have really divided us.

I understand both camps, but let's give him a chance, eh? What can't be denied is that we are getting a talented and highly rated coach who loves our club enough to knock back a crack at the EPL.
Fuk that……

Why hasn’t he brought any subs on yet?

His interviews are too boring too - all about football.

What's his remit for the season if he does join?

If we end up even further behind Celtic and the football isn't improving, does he go in the summer?

Genuinely haven't a clue what'll be expected of him, especially when we're unlikely to spend.

The foreign guys don’t have a clue about the league and teams etc so they have no experience of Scottish football
Mick Beale has a little but not a lot of experience as a manager but knows the club league and players. He knows who needs booted and who needs a cuddle to get the ball rolling again. If you’re concerned about experience in management Sir Walter did not too bad in similar circumstances
I’m genuinely not trying to start an argument or be a ass. I think Beale could be a great appointment for the reasons you stated but Sir Walter was in management for longer and we were outspending everyone for 5 years (1986-1991). Not taking anything away from Sir Walter’s achievements after Souness left, I adore the man.

Struggling to see how this appointment is an upgrade on our previous management team.

I like Beale, I really do, but this appointment is a yes man appointment. A panicked replacement so the board can keep the angry mob at bay for the AGM. Somebody who was keen and will accept the DoF structure and lack of funds.

We’ve had the wool pulled over our eyes. They will will go into the AGM with a new manager who hasn’t managed a single game yet. If it goes wrong when we start playing football, they will simply slink into hiding for another year.

Last week the general consensus was that GVB was to blame for all the woes. This week the same people are saying the club needs to back Beale with serious funds and it wouldn’t matter who we bring in, if we don’t overhaul the squad we’re doomed.

Struggling to see how this appointment is an upgrade on our previous management team.

I like Beale, I really do, but this appointment is a yes man appointment. A panicked replacement so the board can keep the angry mob at bay for the AGM. Somebody who was keen and will accept the DoF structure and lack of funds.

We’ve had the wool pulled over our eyes. They will will go into the AGM with a new manager who hasn’t managed a single game yet. If it goes wrong when we start playing football, they will simply slink into hiding for another year.

Last week the general consensus was that GVB was to blame for all the woes. This week the same people are saying the club needs to back Beale with serious funds and it wouldn’t matter who we bring in, if we don’t overhaul the squad we’re doomed.
I actually think the board think this will appease us. How wrong are they I actually think it’s their nail in their coffins.

I think the big advantage is that he understands how other teams will setup against us and at times straight up refuse to play football.

It won’t be lip service about knowing what’s in store then having to adjust.

Michael Beale was at Rangers 4.5 years, so he knows the league, the grounds, the opposition, the pressure to win, the fans expectations etc.

He knows 2nd is nowhere. He should hit the ground running.

AND he’ll move his family up with him which (I think) the last 4 managers haven’t (Pedro, Warburton, Gerrard, Gio).

C’mon Michael.

Watched the bt sport interview with him and the one thing that we'd get over most coming in is the players being together and behind the manager.

Impressed with the way he talks about the club and he clearly clearly has unfinished business. I understand he may not be the sexy euro name or the stoic disciplinarian, but if it is beale then im fully behind him and think we have a manager that can get a tune out of seemingly broken or duff players like morelos and hagi etc.

He has my 100% backing if it’s him.

Knows the league
Knows the players
Understands the club and the demands
Loves the supporters (real 1s, not the Twitter keyboard warriors)
He ticks 99% of the boxes imo.
Lacking only in head coach experience.

League gone.
Give him time to rebuild in the next 2 windows.
Compete in both cups.

Happy days!

100% this. We go on about "Rangers men", it sounds like we are about to have one as our next manager.
real Rangers men don’t scurry away like wee rats and not even have deceny to say cheerio to staff left behind that they’ve worked with for years

He has my 100% backing if it’s him.

Knows the league
Knows the players
Understands the club and the demands
Loves the supporters (real 1s, not the Twitter keyboard warriors)
He ticks 99% of the boxes imo.
Lacking only in head coach experience.

League gone.
Give him time to rebuild in the next 2 windows.
Compete in both cups.

Happy days!
Totally agree.

Gerrard got the job because of his profile and at a point in time where we needed something different and couldn’t be any worse then what had gone before.
Beale at the moment doesn’t have the experience to be Rangers manager,would be a massive gamble.We need someone with a track record of success on the pitch.

We were in a bad run of form over several weeks, as we had had at other points in Gerrard's reign. Only because Gerrard and his team left has it become accepted wisdom that they'd run out of ideas and we would never have recovered. The start of last season had huge reminders of 1987/88 when, after a huge effort to win our first title in 9 years, there was a hangover from the success. We'll never know whether it was that, or something more permanent.

For what it's worth, I'm not 100% sold on appointing Beale. He will either be a spectacular success or a spectacular failure, and I don't think we are in a position to take that risk. I think an appointment that offered more confidence in moderate success would be more appropriate for us now. But, as you said in your post earlier in this thread, any doubts will be set aside if he's appointed, I will hope he is nothing but a success and will give him every chance to prove my doubts wrong.
Who could we have appointed who was less of a risk. For me Beale is the risk averse option. He knows the environment and he knows the players. Experience wise he is short but given the crazy world of scottish football i think familiarity of whats coming will be more valuable than manegerial experience in the English championship

If we end up even further behind Celtic and the football isn't improving, does he go in the summer?

Genuinely haven't a clue what'll be expected of him, especially when we're unlikely to spend.
Winning at least one of the cups is mandatory for me.

Two cups and circa 6 points off Celtic would be a success for the rest of the season.

Players in our team thought it was acceptable to put us in a position where in all likelihood we have lost the league because they didn’t like the direction the manager was taking. We then appoint the guy who was more in likely responsible for these players preferred positions.

That doesn’t sit well with me.

He is a highly respected coach, he knows the players and they respect him. I think he had the respect of all the Aston Villa players as well, they just lost respect for Gerrard after a few incidents he mishandled.

It just feels a bit uninspired that is all.

I am 110% behind him and want him to be a huge succcess but I feel we as a club have a problem with just going back and not thinking outside of the box. To be fair we went outside the box with Le Guen at the time and it backfired but it just feels a bit easy to appoint Beale.

I'd it is him I hope he doesn't come and keep most of the squad. We need a fresh start in so many positions. 2 players especially I hope we never see again.

How many fans wanted Gio last year, and were happy when Board appointed him. This time, I think that the fans were really undecided with numerous names being suggested. Therefore if it is MB, hope that the fans can support him and the team for the next few weeks to ensure he gets off to a flying start.

I wanted Knutsen, but if it's MB then he'll get my full support. at least he had the fat bastard across the road's number from I remember

Whoever comes in we can only hope he can work the oracle. If it’s Michael Beale then here’s hoping he gets money to spend then spends it wisely.
I am a bit sceptical that he doesn’t have enough experience to deal with the squad issues such as contract extensions injuries and most of all players who have chucked it and want to move on.
Even if he can deal with these problems we still have the same board , player’s and a 9 point deficit. Will the support accept we might not be able to catch up if the least he does is bring a better level of performance and quality of football.
Lots of us on here are real Rangers men but that doesn’t make us managerial candidates

If it’s Beale or anybody else we should all be backing him many on here said he was the architect of 55 the brains behind Gerrard in a coaching sense I’m sure he’ll make a positive impact on the players and take us eventually to 56.

Have had a think, and now I am ready.

I have a large collection of butt-plugs.

FiU0yddXkAMjkCt

His remit is entirely dependent on the funds the board give him.

He needs to improve the current squad (obviously), but if he isn’t given anything to spend then there’s only so much any coach can do.

For example everyone in England has been praising Arteta for doing a great job at Arsenal, and he has, but he has spent North of £200million on players, he couldn’t have done it otherwise.

He needs to be backed in the transfer market, if he is, and we still aren’t improving then he would deserve to be sacked in the summer

If it’s mick we Rangers fans will back him. As others have already said I hope the board back him with some money for January and hope he can get some of the current players back playing again.

See the thing is had he taken over when Gerrard left, I’d have been very enthusiastic, however taking over the shit show we now find ourselves in, not so much. But given that ultimately we have no say in who manages us, Michael Beale will get our full support until such time as he doesn’t deserve it….just as Gio and his 16 predecessors did.

As to managerial appointments of the past…..

Gio - was all for it. He gave us European nights as good as we’ve ever had, a cup, including beating them, and very little else to enjoy.

Gerrard - excited off the scale. He gave us what we needed….eventually, a mainly exciting style of football, European credibility but several horrifically disappointing days in between.

Pedro - absolutely nonplussed but mildly pleased it wasn’t McInnes - Absolute shit show that never looked like working and still raging that Robertson remains at the club for having any part in his appointment.

Warburton - our circumstances were different and he was the right appointment, completed the journey back to the top flight and some of our football was a joy to behold. Was never going to recover from ignominy of losing the cup final and bizarre recruitment speeded his demise.

Ally - Never ever thought he was the way to go after Walter. Ultimately that feeling was proved correct.

Walter - Needed a “safe pair of hands” after Le Guen, so happy enough. Over achieved to biblical proportions and cemented his legendary status.

Le Guen - Gerrard levels of excited, Pedro levels of failure!

McLeish - kind of mixed feelings on this one. Advocaat’s time was up but this looked like us “downsizing”. Worked out very well and Eck doesn’t get the credit he’s due but it did take too long to get rid when his time was up.

Advocaat - seemed perfect fit and was for two seasons then fell off a cliff. Allowed to squander too much money!

I could go on but it all goes to show that…1) It’s been a long time since we had a truly successful manager & 2) only time will tell!

I’m genuinely not trying to start an argument or be a ass. I think Beale could be a great appointment for the reasons you stated but Sir Walter was in management for longer and we were outspending everyone for 5 years (1986-1991). Not taking anything away from Sir Walter’s achievements after Souness left, I adore the man.
Totally get where you’re coming from. I think that Beale can get key players like kamara contributing. Big he gets the job he will becoming with his eyes open. I hope he can bring Tom Culshaw with him as well pal

Cards on the table, I wanted Beale. His experience (as a coach), reputation, and passion for the club won me over.

He could yet be a disaster, but I think he has the man management skills and coaching credentials to be a success.

I've read a lot about this being a "lazy appointment" and his imminent return seems to have really divided us.

I understand both camps, but let's give him a chance, eh? What can't be denied is that we are getting a talented and highly rated coach who loves our club enough to knock back a crack at the EPL.
The moment I knew he was coming was around 5-6wks ago when he let us know with a slightly cryptic message. He said he was never close to taking the wolves job, he also said that had he been close to taking the role then he wouldn’t have considered it a step up from where he is.

That was the green light to say, come get me Rangers as you all know I consider the famous as the biggest club and a much bigger step up than either QPR or Wolves, much to the dismay of all the arrogant peckers down south who don’t realise just how big the famous RFC are.

He wasn’t my first choice I was after a manager with a proven track record but if he gets the job then I’ll be right behind him and it’s clear he’s a Rangers man at heart.

Whether Beale would be a good appointment we don’t know yet, but there are several things in his favour other than his proven ability as a coach. He knows the club, the league, the other clubs grounds and players, the fans expectations, and most of the players. Which means no settling in period, and can hit the ground running. A lot of folk might prefer the sexiness of an up and coming foreigner they never heard of until last week, but that would be a massive gamble for a club like ours.

A lot of managers are happy to be passed about the championship or bottom of the EPL, collecting good wages, where even qualifying for the Europa Conference League would be considered an amazing achievement. At least up here Beale can aim for actually winning stuff with a proper football club and aiming to get into the CL, and that shows a bit of class and mettle in my opinion, in that he is not seduced by the vanity of, or money available, in the EPL.
Superbly put, wholeheartedly agree.

Beale showed more passion & fight in one match at the piggery than Gio did in his whole time as manager .
Exactly. Remember the run ins he had with big nose Kennedy and then there were the battles at Easter road. Whilst Gio was busy cuddling opposition coaches, smiling, throwing arms in frustration and then smirking after heavy defeats…..what will you say to the players after 7-1 defeat Gio…..em sometimes silence is the best response…..wtf?? Give me a manager with passion, heart and aggression any day. Thanks

Back