Beale and White Army

PrivateAye72

Looks like it's soon to be official that Michael Beale is going to be Manager 18 for the famous. Forget the Naysayers.

It's time for the "Gerrard Express" type thread.

I think this will be a success because;
1. Young and hungry highly rated British coach.
2. Has kept up with the club and has mentioned how he keeps in contact with players. Will know where to make immediate improvements and can hit the ground running.
3. Was tremendous with Alfie and Kent last time, really got the best out of them.
4. He will show "them" no respect.
5. Has a "mini-preseason" to work with the players and identify key areas of weakness & improve our fitness.
6. Already knows the EPL grass isn't greener, so won't immediately want to work his ticket.

It's gloves off time. A return to "hunting in packs" the high press and more energy through out the match day squad.

Beale ball is back baby.

(If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.)

Last edited:
His being British means nothing - we’re not special as a nationality.

I hope Beale works out and he’ll have my full support but he isn’t exactly an exciting appointment.
I agree, it's just something that a large number on here wanted as a trait... for some reason. He ticks a good number of FF's boxes except... "no not that one"

Called the bravest man in sport "Conk face".

1_19749506.jpg

The fact he clearly got the bug is a big win for me. As is the fact his family will be happy up here. Let’s hope it’s the start of a successful period again for the club.

We have had one hell of a journey over the last 10 years or so but the ups and downs are all part of the game. Some of our greatest days as fans have come in the last 10’years and I’m sure we can look forward to many more under Beale

Looks like it's soon to be official that Michael Beale is going to be Manager 18 for the famous. Forget the Naysayers.

2. Has kept up with the club and has mentioned how he keeps in contact with players. Will know where to make immediate improvements and can hit the ground running.
3. Was tremendous with Alfie and Kent last time, really got the best out of them.
5. Has a "mini-preseason" to work with the players and identify key areas of weakness & improve our fitness.
6. Already knows the EPL grass isn't greener, so won't immediately want to work his ticket.

It's gloves off time. A return to "hunting in packs" the high press and more energy through out the match day squad.

Beale ball is back baby.

JFC

People thrive more off ‘I told you so’ than anything else. We’re a support littered with vocal people who would rather be right about things than Rangers being successful and making them wrong.
This is it some posters refuse to back managers so they can go back after they are sacked and say I was right, they actually get joy about a manager failing and our team failing so they can say look at me I'm right again.
It must be a very negative way to live.

We were playing some of the best football I've ever seen us play under him and Gerrard. They took us through the league undefeated and not only did they build the foundations for our European run last year, they made us someone to be feared on the European stage.

Even although we weren't playing great before they left, we were still in a healthy position in the league.

I'm actually pretty excited by the appointment, knowing that we will have a footballing identity again

Sick of seeing this constantly mentioned on here.

Maybe he's the best man for the job. Time will tell.

People here are as boring as hell, so negative.

They just copy this “unimaginative” narrative that they’ve seen others spout.

To me I’m struggling to see who else is available that looks a better appointment. As you say, time will tell

Beale ball is back baby.

1. I think all young Coaches are hungry and being British is an irrelevance. Highly rated as a Coach by a few but as a Manager unproven.

2. Perhaps given how bad Rangers had been allowed to become but thats a low bar.

3. Those two have long decided they want out and good riddance to them both. If we or Michael Beale are pinning our revival hopes on them its worse than we suspected.

4. Showing "them" no respect will draw the same application as showing "them" a lot or a bit. Lazy players who are disinterested should be dropped and left out. Gio did it with Morelos and Rangers instantly improve, then 5 mins later he brought him back and it reverted to previous.

5. Ghastly phrase which has been used to discuss the few weeks around the World Cup beginning/ending. Its hardly a lot of time to do much of anything and its not going to improve our selection options. Beale or whoever has the same poor crop Gio did.

6. Its much greener and always will be because of the exposure, money and future opportunities if you do well. If Beale does take the job I will be surprised given QPR seemed a good gig for a developing Manager but we shall see.

Please do not use Celt!c / Scottish Media phrasing to describe Rangers. With or without Michael Beale.

Its low class.

Back