Will we see the additional time rules be applied after the World Cup?

It’s refreshing to see real additional time added and not just a fictional few minutes.

Apparently it’s a directive from Colina.

What’s the chances of it continuing in domestic football?
In the sphell, not a chance unless to the benefit of the filth if they’re drawing or losing a game

I think it will change after this first round of games, with refs being instructed to find a middle ground. Some of it has been ridiculous. Can you imagine the third game in groups that are tight, end uo with 20 mins extra time.

Been crying out for genuine added on time for decades now. It'd be an absolute gutter for clubs out with the old firm as time wasting is the most opted for tactic. Add on the actual time the ball has been out of play and for when the opposition deliberately dally then you'll see time wasting as a tactic disappear.

Been crying out for genuine added on time for decades now. It'd be an absolute gutter for clubs out with the old firm as time wasting is the most opted for tactic. Add on the actual time the ball has been out of play and for when the opposition deliberately dally then you'll see time wasting as a tactic disappear.
Agreed, great way to try and eradicate time wasting, which is genuinely one of the most frustrating and unfair practices in football.

I think it will change after this first round of games, with refs being instructed to find a middle ground. Some of it has been ridiculous. Can you imagine the third game in groups that are tight, end uo with 20 mins extra time.
It’s not ridiculous. It’s 90 minutes of football. If anything what we might see is players realise time wasting is now pointless, therefore reducing added on time

It’s not ridiculous. It’s 90 minutes of football. If anything what we might see is players realise time wasting is now pointless, therefore reducing added on time

Players going down with cramp already at 80 mins, it's not good for players in a tournament with tight turnarounds to be playing an extra 10-15 mins at game pace. Not that FIFA will give a shit about welfare, but it will be causing headaches for advertisers across all the TV networks, which will have a knock on effect on revenue eventually. Its too much. I'm all for reducing time wasting, but its part of the tactical side of the game. More and earlier bookings would reduce it more effectively than just playing an extra 10 mins every game.

I hope so. Timewasting has been getting worse and worse domestically. Teams come to Ibrox and start the timewasting from the moment the game kicks off. You used to only see it with 10/15mins left.

Personally i would prefer to see the clock stopped until a ball is live at all times, so you get a true 90 mins. But id take what im seeing at Qatar all day over the current set up.

I hope so. Timewasting has been getting worse and worse domestically. Teams come to Ibrox and start the timewasting from the moment the game kicks off. You used to only see it with 10/15mins left.

Personally i would prefer to see the clock stopped until a ball is live at all times, so you get a true 90 mins. But id take what im seeing at Qatar all day over the current set up.
Agree. It must be hard to manage the game when you have no idea how much time will be added on.

Players going down with cramp already at 80 mins, it's not good for players in a tournament with tight turnarounds to be playing an extra 10-15 mins at game pace. Not that FIFA will give a shit about welfare, but it will be causing headaches for advertisers across all the TV networks, which will have a knock on effect on revenue eventually. Its too much. I'm all for reducing time wasting, but its part of the tactical side of the game. More and earlier bookings would reduce it more effectively than just playing an extra 10 mins every game.
Are the players down with cramp the ones in the lead I wonder? The players will be absolutely fine, don’t worry about them playing a wee bit longer, and tough titty short turnarounds, that’s what these tournaments are about. I’m also sure the advertisers will find a way to accommodate. Can’t it be both bookings and accurate added on time that reduces time wasting.

I really hope it is.

If only to see Jürgen Klopp have a fucking meltdown at the though of an extra 15 minutes playing time every game :))

I'm in favour of 2 x 30 min halves, with the clock only counting down while the ball is in play. We'd get more football than we see now, and it's immediately clear to everyone how long is left to go.
I'm also in favour of this.

There'll be the usual howls of derision about it being 'americanised pish' but it's a much fairer and more exciting way to do it (anyone who saw the recent Vikings/Bills game knows exactly what I mean)

Already happening in Spain. Would be good to see it happen in Scotland (although, it usually does when Celtic need a goal). The amount of time the ball is actually in play in football is pathetic, so it needs to change.

It’s refreshing to see real additional time added and not just a fictional few minutes.

We'd still be playing Mondays the way some of this SPFL shower of sh*te approach games.

Added time has been used to help certain teams and will remain that way. By order of celtic fc

I hope not. Imagine it. 28th Jan 2023. Its minus 2 degrees. You’re freezing and bored to death after watching us play 10 men behind the baw St Johnstone for the last hour and a half. 300 throw ins, 27 corners. You’re begging… praying for the final whistle to put you out of your misery. It is almost unbearable. You can’t feel your toes and your cock has shrivelled up into a frozen mushroom.

The 4th official holds the board up. The announcer speaks: “the referee has indicated 11 minutes of additional time.”

If it happens it’s going to be the late boat home for the Ulstermen as we just about make it as it is every week.

If it happens it’s going to be the late boat home for the Ulstermen as we just about make it as it is every week.
Surely if they do implement it, a discussion with stena (or whoever runs it now) could allow for 15 mins extra on that one sailing?

I guess that’s the purpose. Make timewasting pointless and in time, have a normal flowing game of football
I hope its introduced

also refs have to be onto the time wasting from minute one of every game especially goalkeepers, no point booking a goalie for time wasting in the 85th minute, book him after 5 minutes and it will stop immediately

I hope its introduced

also refs have to be onto the time wasting from minute one of every game especially goalkeepers, no point booking a goalie for time wasting in the 85th minute, book him after 5 minutes and it will stop immediately
Exactly.

Although, I can’t remember what game it was but when the keeper got booked for wasting time at goal kicks he feigned injury and got a defender to do it.

Time wasting is bollox. Even when we do it

Exactly.

Although, I can’t remember what game it was but when the keeper got booked for wasting time at goal kicks he feigned injury and got a defender to do it.

Time wasting is bollox. Even when we do it
Livingston only a few weeks ago

I'm sure the peasants were awarded 9 minutes up at Ross County, from which they scored a late winner.? Paraphrasing County Manager Malky MacKay at the time. " We were playing until Celtc scored. "
False. They were awarded 4 minutes. But scored in the 8th minute of added time. Even worse.

Back