World Cup 2022 Switzerland v Cameroon, Brazil v Serbia, Uruguay v South Korea, Portugal v Ghana - Thursday 24th

Its probably romanticism from the great teams of the 80s and 90s but it feels the world cup has now started now Brazil are on

'This should be a great occasion as we watch 5 time World Cup winners Brazil start their 2022 World Cup campaign and here to ruin it is Martin Keown on co-commentary.'

7 minutes in and I want to punch Keown in the throat.

A dour, miserable bàstard.

Makes me yearn for the halcyon days of Lawrenson.
Lawro was on a football/comedy podcast I listen to and I wasn't looking forward to it but he came across really well. Just think he was playing up to an act by the end of his pundit career tbh.

Just noticed Serbia have a Mladenovic playing.

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

I'd like to put on record before Brazil skoosh this World Cup that their midfield isn't good enough in my eyes to do so. Casemiro and Paqueta aren't carrying that front 4 and there isn't enough pace at the back against the best teams.

Enter the Dragan.
Barry Horne on Mladenovic when we signed him:

‘It was the first time I had seen him but I thought he had a bit of everything. He had skill, stature, vision, passing, movement and the goal he scored in the game was a beauty.‘

'The name really stuck after that and I was telling everybody about him. The best thing I could think to say was that he reminded me of Zidane.‘

'He lets the ball do the work and never seems hurried. He ran the game against Wales by playing at his own pace.‘

'I told a few clubs to go and have a look at him and I'm surprised it has taken him this long to get a move.‘

‘Rangers have signed a top-class player.'

Back