Sky reporting that Neil Banfield, Damien Matthew and Harry Watling are expected to join as coaches.

To be fair when players are struggling and look to the bench and they are all sitting down staring at an iPad it gives the players the wrong impression. If they have to be used, one coach should be allowed only. It’s a bad look for players and fans

You can't be serious man.

Do the other coaches get fined for glancing at the screen during the game? B-)

Interesting that he's taking the set piece coach. Had a look on Twitter and a few QPR message boards and they can't wait to see the back of the set piece coach. Saying he's the reason they've been getting poor results recently.

Neil Banfield being referred to on here as "some random"
The guys been a first team coach at Arsenal to the likes of Thierry Henry in his prime.
He looks old fashioned in some peoples eyes because of his age and belly etc. not a problem to me as an older bear myself , but can understand why some look at him and think typical cockney who would boast about eating a “ kilo o prawns” and six pints etc.

I’ve zero issue with these guys coming in but I wanted a Culshaw and a Thomson to add much needed grit to the place. It’s badly needed.

I don’t want that, but I want a manager who’ll call out injustices and stand up for the players. A bit of siege mentality would do this squad a power of good - been far too laissez faire this season.

Check out Beales interview from after the recent Huddersfield game.

Hes pretty scathing about the players defending set plays

The derision by some over these appointments all because they want KT, a guy who had a spell in the 4th tier and has since been out of work, unless you could call poor co-commentating work, is absolutely mad.

Lets just get behind the new team.
I like Thomson, but agree with your point.

Bluebeard has got to be a windup account or a total simpleton
He looks old fashioned in some peoples eyes because of his age and belly etc. not a problem to me as an older bear myself , but can understand why some look at him and think typical cockney who would boast about eating a “ kilo o prawns” and six pints etc.

I’ve zero issue with these guys coming in but I wanted a Culshaw and a Thomson to add much needed grit to the place. It’s badly needed.

No simpleton is coming up with material as good as this, a master at work

The hard-on some folk have got for someone like Thomson to be part of the coaching staff is baffling.

Neil Banfield spent a decade at Arsenal. Wanting Thomson over a guy with experience like him is stupid beyond belief.

The hard-on some folk have got for someone like Thomson to be part of the coaching staff is baffling.

Neil Banfield spent a decade at Arsenal. Wanting Thomson over a guy with experience like him is stupid beyond belief.
Is it definitely ruled out that Thomson could be coming to join Beale's backroom team?

I do think that people need to remember that McAllister, Culshaw, Milson etc were Gerrard’s team - not Beale’s.

I’m not sure why so many assumed he’d bring those with him.

For the anti-ipad crew, I think its probably time to accept that technology is the future and football is no different. I would imagine, given its what all the elite clubs do, that there is a benefit from doing this kind of thing.

Ronaldo just did an interview with that twat Morgan which got about a billion views because he was bemoaning man utd being unwilling to get with the times. Its clearly the type of thing players these days want rather than a magic sponge and a psycho calling them all jessies from the bye line.

I do think that people need to remember that McAllister, Culshaw, Milson etc were Gerrard’s team - not Beale’s.

I’m not sure why so many assumed he’d bring those with him.
Exactly, and if Gerrard goes back in to management sometime in the near future, the possibility is that they go with him, especially Culshaw and Milson.

Back