Sky reporting that Neil Banfield, Damien Matthew and Harry Watling are expected to join as coaches.

He looks old fashioned in some peoples eyes because of his age and belly etc. not a problem to me as an older bear myself , but can understand why some look at him and think typical cockney who would boast about eating a “ kilo o prawns” and six pints etc.

I’ve zero issue with these guys coming in but I wanted a Culshaw and a Thomson to add much needed grit to the place. It’s badly needed.
Stevie and he can do guitar lessons too.

I’ve known Neil for around 20 years his boy and mine played together when they were kids. I often bump into him at my location teams game.Last time I spoke to him he was on his pro licence with Gerrard. I also know that he coached Michael Beale whilst they were at Charlton.
That would explain how he ended up at Ibrox first time round then. IIRC he was on our scouting staff before Warburton took him to QPR as a coach.

Banfield is a coup if true.
Have to agree. He's probably the most experienced coach we have brought to the club since 2012 1in terms of the level of club and players he's coached in his career. The arsenal invincible squad had some of the greatest players ever to play in Britain and there was some big personalities in that squad so he shouldn't find it too difficult dealing with the bigger stars in our squad. I think we'll see a huge difference to how we've been this season under beale as much as I wanted us to get someone that wasn't connected to the club in. Beale knows what the league is like since he's coached here 3/4 season and he seems to have the respect of 5h3 squad. Hopefully with a couple additions in January we can steady the ship and make us difficult to beat and put us in a position in the summer where we recruit right and challenge for the title. I've written off this season but we'll have a good indication by the time the league split comes just how good beale has done for us. We have to give him from now until Christmas time next season before any kinda judgement on him is made. Both Pedro and Gio came in around similar times and Pedro made it till October and Gio till November and tbh of they had held off and waited till the summer before starting with us they'd both have still been in a job at the time of their sacking. Thats my worry about beale is because the fans are split on him so many who don't want him will be on his back at the first point dropped and it'll only get worse because some fans don't like to proven wrong. I really hope I'm proved wrong and beale is a massive success and wins us the league bit I don't think he will bit hell have my full backing from day one

Have to agree. He's probably the most experienced coach we have brought to the club since 2012 1in terms of the level of club and players he's coached in his career. The arsenal invincible squad had some of the greatest players ever to play in Britain and there was some big personalities in that squad so he shouldn't find it too difficult dealing with the bigger stars in our squad. I think we'll see a huge difference to how we've been this season under beale as much as I wanted us to get someone that wasn't connected to the club in. Beale knows what the league is like since he's coached here 3/4 season and he seems to have the respect of 5h3 squad. Hopefully with a couple additions in January we can steady the ship and make us difficult to beat and put us in a position in the summer where we recruit right and challenge for the title. I've written off this season but we'll have a good indication by the time the league split comes just how good beale has done for us. We have to give him from now until Christmas time next season before any kinda judgement on him is made. Both Pedro and Gio came in around similar times and Pedro made it till October and Gio till November and tbh of they had held off and waited till the summer before starting with us they'd both have still been in a job at the time of their sacking. Thats my worry about beale is because the fans are split on him so many who don't want him will be on his back at the first point dropped and it'll only get worse because some fans don't like to proven wrong. I really hope I'm proved wrong and beale is a massive success and wins us the league bit I don't think he will bit hell have my full backing from day one
He's just a mad random though apparently.

Yup, that entire period provided as much entertainment as a lot of our NIAR.

It felt like weeks of euphoria to rival the events of Helicopter Sunday.

I never watch their games but they were playing Hibs at The Piggery one night and my missus told me to come and watch the last five minutes and she was certain Hibs were going to score. Sure enough they popped in a last minute goal.

Everything just fell in to place. I think after everything we'd been through it just made the entire thing more sweet than you could imagine.
Was just meant to be that season. Gutted that we didn't capitalise on our position of strength.

Banfield is a coup if true.
Coup or coo? I'll need to take your word for this as I've never heard of him, not necessarily a bad thing. Edit, I did know who he was from his Arsenal days but didn't recognise the name at first, I like the idea of an older head in there as well.

Yeah and shouted at players really angrily with pointy gestures

I've been waiting a long time to see someone raise this issue. We have been too long without a serious pointer either on the pitch or on the sidelines. Think McCulloch was the last with any sort of professional pointing game. He also used to to that misdirection point where he pointed where he wanted the pass receiver to run and then he just hit it straight out of play. Pure class. I miss Jig.

Stop fucking about with that passing shite and get it in the box, you didn’t see Jock Wallace using an iPad did you

People forget though just how good a pointer Wallace was. He could throw four or five in quick succession as his face got more and more purple but every single one hit its mark. It is a little known fact that Apple only brought the iPad to market as a backstop for less professional pointers to stop them just wildly firing points into the crowd. Wallace never would have needed that. He had the control.

Why not? Culshaw isn’t anyones staff just now. He’s unemployed

Cause he will most likely leave to join Gerrard again when he takes over his next job.

Also he has his own set piece and defensive coach in Waitling now.

Gets to the stage you have more staff for coaching and physio than you have fit players for the park

Let’s hope they come in and hit the ground running. Couldn’t give a flying one wether they use an IPad, a notepad or a fanny pad as long as they improve the team.

Rage.
The Rangers support DEMANDS rage on the touchline every game.
We demand shouting, foul language, spitting and a beetroot coupon.
A general " get intae thum " attitude.
Or else.
Any new management team has been warned.
LET HIM KNOW YOU'RE THERE

If none of these coaches don’t speak well in podcasts and don’t ‘look’ like they are hard basta*ds they are doomed from the start.

Maybe Ian Black could be a shout? Hard in the tackle, plenty red cards and has done a few podcasts. Ex player too.

:rolleyes:

Aye, let's get John Lambie in as manager as well and go full 1980s Scottish fitba manager on them. "Boot that fcking ba' up the park ya shower a useless bastards."
Mate, if you've got the ability to bring John Lambie back, can you do me a favour and grab my grandad while you're at it, it would be nice to catch up again.

Don’t think that I have ever seen a coach at Ibrox with a belly like Banfield’s. Too many pies and pints there.
A few posters were I think being smart when they said “ Banfield could be huge for us”. He’s a big man for sure must be 18/20 stone or so but it doesn’t mean he isn’t an excellent coach.

Some of the NFL coaches you see are 26/30 stone

Last edited:
If none of these coaches don’t speak well in podcasts and don’t ‘look’ like they are hard basta*ds they are doomed from the start.

Maybe Ian Black could be a shout? Hard in the tackle, plenty red cards and has done a few podcasts. Ex player too.

:rolleyes:
:)) :)) :))

He wasn't with arsenal 1st team during that period. He was arsenal youth and went first team 2012

The best managers are strong disciplinarians. Pep, ferguson and so on.

A simple truth missed by many of the young woke brigade who think they can politely tip toe to the top with a ipad and some good intentions
Not true as much is about man management they understand some players need lines not to cross some need nurturing they know when to be the good or bad guy.

Thing is being hard on someone doesn't actually work it creates resentment and how managers lose teams in all jobs not just football

Have a structure for behaviour for breached rules at out and then disciplined yes definately make it to lax the players will walk over you make it to strict they will do bare minimum.

Feguson talks about it a lot around how he distances himself to an extent from players and let his coaches take training swapping then every so often.

Meaning what input he has becomes more effective

The period from the 2-0 win at Parkhead in October through to them getting beat by St Mirren at the end of January is genuinely one of my favourite football periods.

I was listening to superscoreboard every night, finding streams to watch their games. The night they stormed towards the team buses filled me with so much joy. Obviously not great at the moment but football has always worked in cycles so we'll be back on top and laughing again soon enough.
It was great! Christmas season coupled with their demise. Sitting in the kitchen with my cuppa listening to greeting Tims on the radio, just sitting chuckling away to myself. :D good memories indeed.

We need those days back.

Back