Club being sued for £1.6m over Oz friendly

In the space of a week we've found out that the club is being sued for over £11m this after forking out £8m earlier in the year and also being fined for price fixing in the summer.

Wow the incompetence is staggering it really is. You also wonder what other cases are in the pipework as well cause under this board you know something else is coming it's only a matter of time.

Keep hearing about how the board have put in X amount well the above is a prime example of why they need to do that they are unbelievably incompetent.

Think we should be looking at new lawyers. Have we ever won a case with them?

I’m not sure you can pin this on the lawyers mate. The board agreed to the game then the board pulled out.

They will have taken legal advise of which it will have included what level of risk there was and what points could be argued on. I would almost guarantee the advise would have been “the prospects of litigation is high”.

It then falls on the board to make the final call
on how they want to proceed.

And in any senior position like this, it is the job to consider any risks associated with a partnership.

The board are culpable and don't escape blame. Bisgrove is the one that identified it and defended it. He isn't fit for purpose.

I'm not defending Bisgrove by any means but it should be said he is the one the club sent out to defend it.

Robertson, Park and Bennett's silence over it was very telling.

In the space of a week we've found out that the club is being sued for over £11m this after forking out £8m earlier in the year and also being fined for price fixing in the summer.

Wow the incompetence is staggering it really is. You also wonder what other cases are in the pipework as well cause under this board you know something else is coming it's only a matter of time.

Keep hearing about how the board have put in X amount well the above is a prime example of why they need to do that they are unbelievably incompetent.

Can you imagine where we'd be without the Europa run last season and CL this season? After what we've been through it's incredibly unsettling. There should be resignations over this.

It was a stupid idea to sign up to it up but was a worse idea not going ahead with it as it was always going to end up with us paying for it.

You are confusing what we are being sued for
and what we may potentially end up paying.

You can’t do that - these things need to run their course and on the Elite case - it’s very much the last action of a company at it’s end.

I could sue you for talking p*sh but that doesn’t mean I would win (as an example).

It will come down to whether or not the early leak (and confirmation by the organisers) and refusal to use the 'Old Firm; slogan (because Celtic refused to) amounted to a material breach of the contracts which allowed us to withdraw.

And in an Australian court, good luck enforcing that

And the biggest part of that was incurred by a man no longer on the Board.

If the fans had known it would cost 32 Glenn Kamaras to pull out would there have been such a clamour not to send a reserve side to play a friendly at 3am ?

If this comes to pass, it should be the end of Bisgrove.
I don’t blame him tbh.

He’s here to make us money. He has no emotional attachment to us

He simply got the idea and put it to a board full of Rangers men who bizarrely felt it would be a good idea.

This is fully on the board IMO and any damages should be paid from their own pockets and not the club cash which all of us contribute to every season.

So we’ve blown 5.6 million just to be super staunch!! 4 for going and being sued for 1.6! Let’s see the ones who didn’t want us to go spin this story into a positive!

If you had know it would have cost £1.6M would you still have wanted it canned ?
People are saying it was a bad decision to agree to it in the first place. Obviously because a big rich man did it, you agree with the decision and find a way to blame the average Rangers fan. Even finding a way to not blame the board for either signing up OR withdrawing.

What would Fraud say...

And the biggest part of that was incurred by a man no longer on the Board.
Wasn’t Robertson and Park Jnr involved on the board during that time though?

We’ve certainly been in court against SD over recent years when Robertson has been involved. Blair as well I’m sure?

Infact wasn’t Blair described in one of these court cases as not being a credible witness?

I don’t blame him tbh.

He’s here to make us money. He has no emotional attachment to us

He simply got the idea and put it to a board full of Rangers men who bizarrely felt it would be a good idea.

This is fully on the board IMO and any damages should be paid from their own pockets and not the club cash which all of us contribute to every season.

Bisgrove is here to make us money, that’s correct.

However the guy has cheapened our brand by lumbering us with bizarre companies that get more benefit of being associated with our club than we do from them financially. We have fans walking around with a now defunct company on our kits who we should never have touched in the first place. For all the good he’s done, there’s plenty more own goals to balance it out.

A potential loss of over £1.5m to our club is shocking and he would need to go.

I do agree there’s plenty on the board to blame too but Bisgrove agreed all the intricate details with his friendly. My guess is the board didn’t fully know the ins and outs.

Were you actually happy to be a pawn in “Big Anges homecoming?”
Well once it was signed its about a what - £5m+ swing in revenue ?

If the board had said "we can cancel but it will cost a new midfielder" - I'm not sure there would be the same clamour to cancel.

Once again SR at the helm is the problem - perhaps he needs to go.

We’ve certainly been in court against SD over recent years when Robertson has been involved. Blair as well I’m sure?

Infact wasn’t Blair described in one of these court cases as not being a credible witness?
No it’s all Kings fault etc.

Park Jnr runs a business with 850m revenue so he’s untouchable in any decision that gets made at Rangers.

Once again, the biggest source of income (the fans) get shafted again.

Well once it was signed its about a what - £5m+ swing in revenue ?

If the board had said "we can cancel but it will cost a new midfielder" - I'm not sure there would be the same clamour to cancel.

Once again SR at the helm is the problem - perhaps he needs to go.
It should never have been agreed in the first place and it shows how far removed the board are from the supporters.

We were being used to bring in fans for a Celtic tour of Australia. Absolutely no chance we should have been anywhere near this.

Any fan who was happy with this must be so far removed it’s unreal.

Did we not officially withdraw from this sham after it was advertised by Celtic when it was to done together?

Not how contract law works.

If we've signed a contract then we can't unilaterally break it unless the other party has breached the terms of the contract. Its not really an argument in court that we pulled out because the fans were going tonto at the thought of a friendly against the mhanky mob in Aus.

According to the record.

This is one bill which if it turns out is payable to the organisers, should be paid by the full board personally that signed off on this.

This simply shouldn’t be paid out of the club funds for what was an absolutely shocking idea.

I also struggle to see what our defence will be to avoid paying it as we all know they only withdrew due to severe opposition from the fans.

Absolutely criminal how much of our limited funds we’ve pissed away in court cases. Must be close to £15m to SD alone over the years and that’s not taking into account this new one, Hummel/Elite amongst others.
The legal fees will be more than that

Dave was the leader.

The clubs contractual mismanagement resulting in court action against us has to be addressed. This has to be answered at the agm, you don’t need to be a genius to work out that the fans wouldn’t want a friendly on the other side of world against a club who refuse to acknowledge our existence ffs. I’m sick of seeing us shoot ourselves in the foot and end up with legal action against us, wether they are spurious or not .

Beep Beep get on the sue Rangers bus, only a few seats left.
Seriously whoever is legally advising us needs their baws kicked.

Simple solution is to offer to play Liverpool/Manure there at some stage in the future. Promoters will get their AUD3m back and more.

According to the record.

This is one bill which if it turns out is payable to the organisers, should be paid by the full board personally that signed off on this.

This simply shouldn’t be paid out of the club funds for what was an absolutely shocking idea.

I also struggle to see what our defence will be to avoid paying it as we all know they only withdrew due to severe opposition from the fans.

Absolutely criminal how much of our limited funds we’ve pissed away in court cases. Must be close to £15m to SD alone over the years and that’s not taking into account this new one, Hummel/Elite amongst others.
Heads should have rolled after this agreement.

Surely this will be addressed by the shareholders at the AGM resignations must be called for over this?And whoever our joke of a legal team is must be booted in to touch the amount of money we have lost due to their incompetence is absolutely shocking.

A potential loss of over £1.5m to our club is shocking and he would need to go.

I do agree there’s plenty on the board to blame too but Bisgrove agreed all the intricate details with his friendly. My guess is the board didn’t fully know the ins and outs.

Doesn't that make the board's position look even worse then ?

Signing off on something they don't have full control or knowledge of ?

Back