Club being sued for £1.6m over Oz friendly

Love fans like you where everthing is the fault of Rangers fans. You're the dream cuck- absolutely love guys on big wages telling you what to do and think in life.
He has previous, seems to take issue with anyone pointing out the perpetual shambles which is Rangers legal dramas.

It is a constant source of frustration and downright embarrassment.

Love fans like you where everthing is the fault of Rangers fans. You're the dream cuck- absolutely love guys on big wages telling you what to do and think in life.

It is Rangers' fault.

Board signed a contract. Board then backed out of that contract.

Do the legal team not get consulted for advice before these decisions are made to find out what is the possible implications of their actions or does the club have technical Google searcher on the payroll

Bisgrove is the commercial director on the board. He brought it to the table.
He did, but I'd argue he didn't make a unilateral decision - the Board either signed off on it as a collective, or Robertson signed off on it as MD.

The club should have stuck to their guns when they made the decision to play in it. The moment they allowed the fans to make the decision, alot of folk lost respect for them. Allowing the tail to wag the dog should never happen regardless of if they made the right or wrong decision in the first place.
Wrong.We the supporters are the life of the club and if anything they need to start listening to us more.

Wrong.We the supporters are the life of the club and if anything they need to start listening to us more.

The board signed the contract. At that point there was only 2 possible outcomes. We'd either suck it up and play the tournament or we'd pull out and pay the costs.

All on the Managing Director this one.

You'd think having a Rangers fan running the club would help you stay close to the feelings/views of the supporters and avoid such %^*& ups.

Always a good laugh when people say the club is in good hands as the board are Rangers men.

Agreeing to be the support act at rebel festival was such a good idea by those staunch Rangers men.

It's mess after mess with these men in charge.

If I remember correctly our excuse for pulling out was the mendicants broke the contract to announce the tour on their own , where there was supposed to be a joint announcement.
Perhaps the organisers should sue them for breach of contract or perhaps we should.

Irrespective of our feelings when Rangers sign a contract they should honour that contract. It's not the way to run a business.
Sadly I think this is the long and short of it. It's their fault for getting us into this mess, it was obviously going to cost us to get out of it.

It's mortifying that this ever even got past the ideas stage.

I didn't see much debate on the cost of cancelling at the time.

Most fans don't think that way. Most fans don't talk about the consequences of boardroom decisions until we see the consequences of those decisions. Then they get angry.

You can't simply walk away from contracts without any fallout. Fans need to accept that. This latest fiasco is certainly worth being angry about. The anger should be directed at the board for signing the deal in the first place. Once it was signed? If fans didn't want the club to play in the friendly tournament then unfortunately there needs to be an acceptance that there would be consequences.

Get angry with the board for misjudging the situation and signing the deal in the first place. But the fans wanted the club to withdraw. Folk can't then be angry that there are consequences because we withdrew from a contract that we signed.

Surely someone on the board thought 'this might not be popular with our own fans' or are they all so out of touch they thought we'd love it

I'm going to just wait and see how it plays out before I start throwing furniture about.

Might be a bit mental on my part, but I'm prepared to stick with my method.

Bisgrove is the commercial director on the board. He brought it to the table.

He did, but then others who should have known better signed it off.

They're all at fault but this one is down to Robertson.

Bisgrove should've been given a bollocking and told not to bring such stupid ideas to the table, but that's as far as he can take the blame here. And believe me, I'm not a fan.

James Blair lives an absolutely charmed life.

Legal blunder after legal blunder and still he keeps his job.

What does this man bring to the table as a paid Director of the club?
I am beginning to wonder if he bought his legal qualifications online, we have had that many legal issues! :oops:

On this latest drama, Bisgrove for all the time he has been in his role is clearly an idiot that just doesn't " get it" with regards to why this was a total non starter when it was even suggested to him! Why he actually thought this was a good idea in the first place god knows!

A mess of the board’s own making. “Best in class” though. The mental gymnastics from some to place it at the feet solely of Bisgrove (or King for some reason???) is astonishing.

And in any senior position like this, it is the job to consider any risks associated with a partnership.

The board are culpable and don't escape blame. Bisgrove is the one that identified it and defended it. He isn't fit for purpose.
Bisgrove has never claimed to be a rangers fan and done his job to get quick and easy money.

Bisgrove is the least of our worries with the money he’s brought into the club.

So we’ve blown 5.6 million just to be super staunch!! 4 for going and being sued for 1.6! Let’s see the ones who didn’t want us to go spin this story into a positive!

There are no positives.

It should never, ever have been considered in the first place.

Stevie Wonder could see how a tournament in Australia with them was going to be presented.

Guys like Robertson, Bisgrove and Graham are (were) paid a lot of money to protect out brand, but they allowed the club to be put in the position where it was always going to be spun into us playing a support act to a Celtic Manager’s homecoming tour.

Forget the ‘staunch’ aspect of us playing friendlies against them, it was an own goal in a business sense too.

Another costly fucking shambles nobody will be held accountable for.

Last edited:
You can't simply walk away from contracts without any fallout. Fans need to accept that. This latest fiasco is certainly worth being angry about. The anger should be directed at the board for signing the deal in the first place. Once it was signed? If fans didn't want the club to play in the friendly tournament then unfortunately there needs to be an acceptance that there would be consequences.
This is as good a statement on the matter as you are going to read.

Any board can make mistakes, but for this idea even to be given serious consideration let alone be officially sanctioned serves only to confirm that boardroom change is needed, and as a matter of urgency.

Last edited:
The club should have stuck to their guns when they made the decision to play in it. The moment they allowed the fans to make the decision, alot of folk lost respect for them. Allowing the tail to wag the dog should never happen regardless of if they made the right or wrong decision in the first place.

Absolute balls

Any respect was gone the second they considered this as an option

The damage was done

Dont agree with your statement one little bit.The board didnt test the temperature in the room before agreeing to this fiasco, and we should never play those scummy cunts at anytime other than league and cup buisness for there paedo harbouring bastards .

Another embarrassment for the club through the continual incompetence of its Board members. All of it avoidable.

I am beginning to wonder if he bought his legal qualifications online, we have had that many legal issues! :oops:

On this latest drama, Bisgrove for all the time he has been in his role is clearly an idiot that just doesn't " get it" with regards to why this was a total non starter when it was even suggested to him! Why he actually thought this was a good idea in the first place god knows!
He doesn't "get it", but he's clearly got something about him if you look at how our commercial revenues have grown in the latest set of accounts.

Bisgrove is here to make us money, that’s correct.

However the guy has cheapened our brand by lumbering us with bizarre companies that get more benefit of being associated with our club than we do from them financially. We have fans walking around with a now defunct company on our kits who we should never have touched in the first place. For all the good he’s done, there’s plenty more own goals to balance it out.

A potential loss of over £1.5m to our club is shocking and he would need to go.

I do agree there’s plenty on the board to blame too but Bisgrove agreed all the intricate details with his friendly. My guess is the board didn’t fully know the ins and outs.
What would the board not know about the friendly? They would know it was a friendly against Celtic in their managers home country.

Were they expecting him to put in a clause that they can change their mind and break the contract without any punishment?

Some take blaming the fans.

Fair play to you though.

I don't blame the fan's I blame the fans stamping their feet so loudly.
It was a bad idea not consulting or discussing the deal in the first place, but the board pulled out of the contract at the fan's behest. You can't then surely wag your finger at the board again?

Fan power got what it wanted, but it came at a price.

I'd guess the Leverkusen friendly was put in place to cover it anyhow.

The board signed the contract. At that point there was only 2 possible outcomes. We'd either suck it up and play the tournament or we'd pull out and pay the costs.
Anyone can break a contract. There may of course be consequences for doing so. But it's not a zero sum affair.

They can sue us, for instance for X or Y but if they replace us then that number falls.

Likewise - if we have issues about the organisation of the tournament and sought medication then that will be a factor.

It should be one of the big questions at the AGM in December.

1. Do you feel it is a good look having the club in court constantly fighting not to lose MORE money?
2. Do you feel that the board have done a good job, considering these situations we've been put in?

Appreciate that not all of the cases going on are full responsibility of this board, but they never seem to learn from anyone's past mistakes.

He doesn't "get it", but he's clearly got something about him if you look at how our commercial revenues have grown in the latest set of accounts.
This was a massive disaster and had warning signs all over it, pity he didnt open his eyes to see them!

I'd hazard a guess that the money made from the Leverkusen friendly will be used to cover an out of court settlement. I believe the friendly was arranged as a solution to raise money to cover the anticipated cost of the decision to withdraw from the Sydney friendly tournament.

According to the record.

This is one bill which if it turns out is payable to the organisers, should be paid by the full board personally that signed off on this.

This simply shouldn’t be paid out of the club funds for what was an absolutely shocking idea.

I also struggle to see what our defence will be to avoid paying it as we all know they only withdrew due to severe opposition from the fans.

Absolutely criminal how much of our limited funds we’ve pissed away in court cases. Must be close to £15m to SD alone over the years and that’s not taking into account this new one, Hummel/Elite amongst others.
Another fine job our absolutely competent board have presided over.

Looking forward to the usual crew to be along defending them telling us how wonderful a job they do.

Their incompetence is up there with matching Ashley in damage done.

According to the record.

This is one bill which if it turns out is payable to the organisers, should be paid by the full board personally that signed off on this.

This simply shouldn’t be paid out of the club funds for what was an absolutely shocking idea.

I also struggle to see what our defence will be to avoid paying it as we all know they only withdrew due to severe opposition from the fans.

Absolutely criminal how much of our limited funds we’ve pissed away in court cases. Must be close to £15m to SD alone over the years and that’s not taking into account this new one, Hummel/Elite amongst others.
This has been in the post since we withdraw.

At the time the club said they had not made the 1st payment to us by the agreed date which will be our defence for withdrawing.

This will likely be a settlement rather than go to court IMO.

Back