Club being sued for £1.6m over Oz friendly

I agree but that wasn’t on the table and still isn’t on the table.
That’s an issue with the club - just like agreeing to play a friendly against Paedo FC was an issue. If Aus supporters think us playing the Paedos in a friendly is the right move then it’s a bad bad bad bad indictment of their mindset and how out of touch they are with the hardcore support.

I have no issue with going to play friendlies over there but certainly not in Celtics wee tournament. No chance.

At the end of the day, you move to Australia then you have got to expect you won’t see a team from Glasgow in many matches.
This is the facts brother - 100% correct

No friendlies against paeodphile rings.

We can’t have it both ways?

No, the board can’t have it both ways. Record revenue, highest EL/CL ticket pricing, ST price increases, hospitality price increases, mygers as a ticket tax, mygers add ons, the 19/20 refund debacle and the clubs behaviour throughout. I could go on…

The fans have consistently put our hands in our pockets and backed the club. That reported £3m for the friendly is just slightly more than what mygers membership, add ons and rangers tv generate each year.

Fans have the right to criticise, it’s got nothing do with having it both ways

I appreciate everything you are saying buy my main point in having it both ways is that attacking the board for the friendly and insisting they cancel it, then attacking the board for the legal repercussions when they do just that, seems unfair to me. There was a lot of cancel at any costs statements at the time as well.

I have no issue with going to play friendlies over there but certainly not in Celtics wee tournament. No chance.

At the end of the day, you move to Australia then you have got to expect you won’t see a team from Glasgow in many matches.
It wasn’t “Celtic’s wee tournament” until the scum marketed it as such.

Hard times ahead unless Beale does wonders.
Fling in the memorial garden case £1 million as well. Shirt price fixing.

A year ago they handed our a 3.5 year deal to GVB and the same yesterday.
7 years in total, who lasts that in football and especially the old firm.
The board , Ross Wilson and Robertson are not fit for purpose.

Beale isn't daft, you'd really hope and expect he wanted some guarantees of backing before taking the job on.

Doubly so as one of the main reasons Gerrard left seemed to be lack of backing.

According to the record.

This is one bill which if it turns out is payable to the organisers, should be paid by the full board personally that signed off on this.

This simply shouldn’t be paid out of the club funds for what was an absolutely shocking idea.

I also struggle to see what our defence will be to avoid paying it as we all know they only withdrew due to severe opposition from the fans.

Absolutely criminal how much of our limited funds we’ve pissed away in court cases. Must be close to £15m to SD alone over the years and that’s not taking into account this new one, Hummel/Elite amongst others.

Many of us are shareholders. Why were we not told of this and the Elite action in the annual accounts? Why do we need to be told by Keith fucking Jackson?

Seen the court documents and the organisers are saying they lost money by us not appearing. I thought you didnt need us though. I thought it would be a sell out if we didnt turn up? Liars then? It also appears in the documents we signed and the organisers signed off that the game would be marketed as old firm. It wasnt. There you go then contract is broken at the first page and first section

It wasn’t “Celtic’s wee tournament” until the scum marketed it as such.
We got into bed with one of the most duplicitous organisations in world football ffs, they'll have been waiting for us to agree to the friendly so that they could market it as Ange's homecoming. This whole thing was just to get one over on us and our board went along with it.

That’s an issue with the club - just like agreeing to play a friendly against Paedo FC was an issue. If Aus supporters think us playing the Paedos in a friendly is the right move then it’s a bad bad bad bad indictment of their mindset and how out of touch they are with the hardcore support.
Or, how out of touch the “hardcore” support are.
What makes the “hardcore” correct?
Who are the “hardcore”?
Is their a qualifying criteria to become “hardcore” for all the club’s decisions have to be approved by said people.

It was a mad idea from the off. It was always going to be spun in the media as us carrying the fat Aussie's bags for his " homecoming ". Our Board are so naive its unreal.

We got into bed with one of the most duplicitous organisations in world football ffs, they'll have been waiting for us to agree to the friendly so that they could market it as Ange's homecoming. This whole thing was just to get one over on us and our board went along with it.
You’re probably correct.

Beale isn't daft, you'd really hope and expect he wanted some guarantees of backing before taking the job on.

Doubly so as one of the main reasons Gerrard left seemed to be lack of backing.
They have have moved the goalposts with SG, whose to say they wont with MB.
I doubt we will pull in the same money from Europe that we have over the next few 3 years to the previous 3.
That leaves the usual income.
Combine that with the pay offs for GVB and his staff all the up and coming court cases and the cost of Edmiston House.

Apparently it isn't his job to be even remotely in tune with how his customer base feel.

Some job he has!
He would only bring the idea to the table and the board would ok it. Staggering to think our ‘Rangers minded’ board agreed to this

They have have moved the goalposts with SG, whose to say they wont with MB.
I doubt we will pull in the same money from Europe that we have over the next few 3 years to the previous 3.
That leaves the usual income.
Combine that with the pay offs for GVB and his staff all the up and coming court cases and the cost of Edmiston House.
Oh another financial expert I see.

Bisgrove is here to make us money, that’s correct.

However the guy has cheapened our brand by lumbering us with bizarre companies that get more benefit of being associated with our club than we do from them financially. We have fans walking around with a now defunct company on our kits who we should never have touched in the first place. For all the good he’s done, there’s plenty more own goals to balance it out.

A potential loss of over £1.5m to our club is shocking and he would need to go.

I do agree there’s plenty on the board to blame too but Bisgrove agreed all the intricate details with his friendly. My guess is the board didn’t fully know the ins and outs.
Completely and utterly irrelevant. It is the other board members that are the supposed Rangers men. Regardless of the ins and outs, there are no circumstances under which that game would’ve been acceptable and the board and the weakling MD should have killed it the minute Bisgrove brought it to them.

The organisers will be desperate for the cash too as the crowds were shit out here for the games.
It’s comforting to realise that they were dependent on a team from a wee diddy league to fill stadiums where a team from the bestest league in the universe ( bbc sports ) couldn’t.

Bisgrove is here to make us money, that’s correct.

However the guy has cheapened our brand by lumbering us with bizarre companies that get more benefit of being associated with our club than we do from them financially. We have fans walking around with a now defunct company on our kits who we should never have touched in the first place. For all the good he’s done, there’s plenty more own goals to balance it out.

A potential loss of over £1.5m to our club is shocking and he would need to go.

I do agree there’s plenty on the board to blame too but Bisgrove agreed all the intricate details with his friendly. My guess is the board didn’t fully know the ins and outs.
I think in general he had done a decent job in getting people in where we didn't before proving how good he is ......... its getting better sponsors and increasing commercial income ....... he had done easy part now comes the hard part.

I think this year was first time they included all the hospitality and commercial activities together so he looks to be dlong great but time will tell if that figure increases or not........ the full hospitality experience for people this year has again been horrendous

The only in and out they needed to know was a friendly with them........ nope take that off drawing board now.

When we were in dance tournament before but didn't play reach other that is acceptable we have done that before but actually playing each other was always going to be a no........ board signed off on it

Maybe if one of the participants didn’t advertised us as being part of a competition known as “Angeys homecoming” before it was officially announced it might not have created the issues that arose. And all to continue a coverup that should be enough to ensure no club has to play that bastardised team.
Yeh correct but you wonder if that was deliberately done to get us to withdraw and cause this situation. They will have been paid. Our board need to be more clued up

Our board are useless. It’s an ongoing issue. I will.give them some of their own words. The status quo cannot continue. We need positions filled by people who have credence to hold such.

If we signed a legal document agreeing to attend the Big Angie cup then we need to settle out of court and move on,
Suppose that depends on the wording of said contract.

A decision by the board that I did not agree with but I can see why they did it as the money on offer was equivalent to winning the League.

Obviously the mob across the city leaked that it was happening in order to get negative headlines about them off the front pages so it will be interesting to see if we do have any kind of defence against it but with out lawyers' track record I'm not so sure.

He isnt doing his job agreeing to something any supporter would have told him was a non starter

He hasn’t agreed to it.

He’s taken it to the board, quite literally his job description.

Imagine the uproar if he brokered a multi million revenue opportunity and didn’t take it to the board, that would be a sackable offence

Maybe if one of the participants didn’t advertised us as being part of a competition known as “Angeys homecoming” before it was officially announced it might not have created the issues that arose. And all to continue a coverup that should be enough to ensure no club has to play that bastardised team.
I'm sure Celtic were going to get more money than Rangers out of it. Why signup to that,if that was the case.

Or, how out of touch the “hardcore” support are.
What makes the “hardcore” correct?
Who are the “hardcore”?
Is their a qualifying criteria to become “hardcore” for all the club’s decisions have to be approved by said people.
It's disgraceful and totally selfish that the Dallas Cowboys haven't played a match at the Battery Park for the Greenock based fans.

You see how ridiculous that sounds? Exact same as people based in Australia expecting to see Rangers play a match there.

Back