When Admiral Were The Kings of Football Shirt Cool

muttley

A cracking wee article here.

No picture, however, of the infamous chocolate brown Coventry City effort, which is probably worth a fortune these days. :))

Own up. Who had an Admiral shirt or kit.?

No picture, however, of the infamous chocolate brown Coventry City effort, which is probably worth a fortune these days. :))

brown-kit.jpg

As a young kid in the mid 70s i had the Leeds away yellow strip as above. Probably my favourite of all time.
Maybe its like your first bird. :D

Never in my life time. Always been on a par with Gola for me. I hated us having the admiral strip. Especially as it came off the back of the best ever rangers strip.

Only one I didn’t want as a kid was the admiral one.
up close i wasnt keen with the watermark pattern thing going on but got used to it. maybe the hately v aberdeen game helped! the away kit was pretty good. overall, not eh worst kit we have ever had. diadorra :shudder:

i sold my for about £20 to someone on the board about 6/7 years ago. judging from some of the prices on classic shirt sites it was a bad mistake!

Oh, and my shellshuit still stayed white after washing :)
1990-92-rangers-admiral-home-s-35853-1.jpg

I had the Rangers Admiral kit in 1990

The WHU top with the "Chevrons" (if that's the correct description?), across the chest, for me is one of the best football shirts ever

Admiral are still on the go. I used their kit designer tool on their website to mock up our team kit. Had the classic England 82 kit in our own colours lined up but for one reason or another didn't go for it.

brown-kit.jpg
Why did everyone in the 70s and 80s constantly look like they were about 60 years old despite being likely about half that?

That man United tracksuit is ugly af.
Had a couple of tops in the 80s when I was a kid.

up close i wasnt keen with the watermark pattern thing going on but got used to it. maybe the hately v aberdeen game helped! the away kit was pretty good. overall, not eh worst kit we have ever had. diadorra :shudder:

i sold my for about £20 to someone on the board about 6/7 years ago. judging from some of the prices on classic shirt sites it was a bad mistake!

Got one upstairs and it still fits :D

My brother and I had Servette strips that were similar to the brown Coventry away. The top was burgundy, shorts royal blue and white socks, it was as hideous as that sounds.
There was an Admiral documentary that aired a few years ago, probably find it on ITV somewhere, it was actually very good.

Had the sky blue Coventry one. Absolute belter and won't hear a word against it

That shirt always had a place in my heart. Having a birthday in late November and parents which weren’t quite to do, I never had new kits when they came out and had to wait until said birthday/Xmas.

Was coming on for 15 when that was released and chapped a few of the pensioners around the street to see if they wanted their grass cut & with the money I had that shirt when it came out.

Maintained that work ethic throughout my life and got the replica of it the other week for my 47th

Back