Closed door match against Swansea cancelled

It’s a good decision, and as a poster above says, a good beasting is overdue for many of that squad.

Fitness levels were deplorable this season
I agree, but I suspect we're unlikely to be able to significantly change the fitness dial at this stage in the season unfortunately. Good pre-season will be key.

Good hopefully they are on one day off a week until just before Hibs as the teams core fitness is terrible.

No wonder we have had so many injuries.

I agree, but I suspect we're unlikely to be able to significantly change the fitness dial at this stage in the season unfortunately. Good pre-season will be key.
Just over two weeks? With 'athletes'? I reckon you could improve fitness in that time. Even getting them in a better place mentally will give us a noticeable improvement with fitness.

It is a luxury for a mid season manager change, two full weeks. He needs to grab it and wring every minute out of it!

Of course you can. Do you think bodies only respond to fitness work in summer or between seasons?

Should non footballers only bother with trying to get fit during the same dates? If not, why is it different?

You can get fitter at any time of the year mate. The problem with poor fitness is unprofessional attitudes from the players. There is no excuse. They know when they've had a cushy day at the office, they also accept that rather than sort it out in their own time.

One of the reasons this match has been cancelled methinks. He's using every day to up the levels of fitness through training.

Looking at the training video, might have something to do with lack of players. Might be wrong but I only saw King as a recognised CH and there was no LB.

Wise to work out what he has to work with for the next 10 days before moving on to matches.

You can get fitter at any time of the year mate. The problem with poor fitness is unprofessional attitudes from the players. There is no excuse. They know when they've had a cushy day at the office, they also accept that rather than sort it out in their own time.
Just don't think we're going to course correct what was clearly a lightweight block of preseason in a couple of weeks.
Not saying that they can't improve - I'm positive Beale can do that - but they still won't be where they should be until a full preseason.

They have a 3 week preseason ahead of them without the bonus of a place in the sun

Looking at the training video, we were still about 10 players short and only King there from the CH group. I’m not remotely surprised a bounce game has been binned

Looking at the training video, might have something to do with lack of players. Might be wrong but I only saw King as a recognised CH and there was no LB.

Wise to work out what he has to work with for the next 10 days before moving on to matches.
Yeah, there were posts on here saying Goldson had been training. No sign.

The talk was he would aim for the Celtic game, but even that’s a stretch really.

It’s refreshing to see a Rangers manager taking some proactive decisions.

Gio’s biggest failing was that he seemed happy to plod on with whatever was dictated to him, seemed to be in caretaker mode most of his time here.
I thought you might know lol

Nothing to be learned from playing Swansea.

They have Russell Martin as manager and will have 104% possession without getting out their own half.

Beale said something in his first interview that definitely alluded to "these players are not fit enough and we need to get them back in shape" - I'm paraphrasing obviously, but it was the clear point he was making.

We all knew that, hopefully we'll see a much fitter squad in the second half of the season.

It’s refreshing to see a Rangers manager taking some proactive decisions.

Gio’s biggest failing was that he seemed happy to plod on with whatever was dictated to him, seemed to be in caretaker mode most of his time here.

You really have hit the nail on the head there.

If Beale or Gerrard got us to the CL, they'd have got more players without a doubt in August.

Not trying to pretend I'm a captain of industry, but managing your relationship & status with execs, DoF's & boards/chairmen is part & parcel of the job.

Beale will likely have his say over others the way Gerrard did and arguably the way Alf Stewart does with that lot.

Could be argued it was leadership. We identified that element correctly when appointing Gerrard. The market we operate in needs a figurehead with status, and that was never GVB's identity as a coach.

Anyone beginning to think the outcome of the board's investigation into the injury problems was the tinlid?

Seems fron what many are saying in here that we focused on ball work pre season which may have exacerbated our injury problems.

Unreal.

It’s a good decision, and as a poster above says, a good beasting is overdue for many of that squad.

Fitness levels were deplorable this season
I think we'll see a massive improvement when the season resumes, he's got 2/3 weeks before then and I think we'll see a big difference in fitness levels by then,onwards and upwards.

Fitness and conditioning as the players need the workload in the legs to be able to go for the remainder of the season. Players looked gassed coming off the training field last night. That’s what they need to avoid injuries in my worthless opinion.

Back