Beale interview on SSN

Y`know this just might work.

I was thinking also - teams scout players for a few windows often. I wouldnt bet that some of the signings were already on a list that Wilson, Gerrard and Beale talked over.

So the signings may have been earmarked as SG/MB signings rather than Gio signings.

Matondo and Yilmaz in particular.

Great interview , good to see questions well put ( for a change ) to put our new manager in a good light with positivity and enthusiasm , not like the usual manufactured negative banana skin questions we often get from interviews. Onwards and Upwards Gers ....WATP

He spoke very confidently and assured of his own abilities and expectations put upon him. If that can trickle down into the players then maybe we’re onto a winner.

Y`know this just might work.

I was thinking also - teams scout players for a few windows often. I wouldnt bet that some of the signings were already on a list that Wilson, Gerrard and Beale talked over.

So the signings may have been earmarked as SG/MB signings rather than Gio signings.

Matondo and Yilmaz in particular.
I feel like this could be the start of something bright for both of these players. Gio had no clue how to play Matondo, the horseshoe negated players pace, and playing the ball to feel instead of to run onto really cancelled him out. Yilmaz also has so much to offer.

I think he is wrong about the squad not being as broken as we think.It is broken on so many ways.He needs to rip it up because if he continues with these duds then it will simply continue to stagnate.
I agree and would be suprised if beale didn't think along the same lines however him coming out and saying that or something similar achieves nothing

This was my biggest worry about Beale getting the job.

That he’d put his faith in these players again despite the fact they’ve let us down so many times.

After hearing his interview, I suspect the rebuild 99% of us can clearly see we need in the summer, won’t be happening and it’ll be a limited turnover of players with us having to put up with many of the current players for more years to come.

Guys like Morelos should be out the door for his behaviour under Gio.

Guys like Roofe, Jack, Helander, McGregor, Arfield, Davis all thanked but waved out the door.

Sadly I suspect he’s taken the job on the basis of believing he can get this squad back to similar levels in our 55 season with maybe a few additions to help. If that’s the case, it’s only going to end one way and that’s badly.

What are you expecting as an alternative? That we spend tens of millions and recruit a full new squad?

If anything, it will be a phased rebuild over multiple windows.

I think the bit about the "friends" is is just par for most coaches, it wasn't his job to man manage and decide who to become friends with. It was his job to discipline training and leave the phycology and management of the players to Gerrard etc. Actions speak louder than word etc etc, hopefully he cracks it, just a waiting game for the fans now

I’ll be honest I’m really excited about Beale taking over and it’s just a feeling I have that he is going to do well for the club. Seems to be a guy who actually aspires to be Rangers manager, doesn’t want to talk about himself just improving the squad, unlike Gerrard his family want to be in Scotland which will be very settling for him. The club and the country have really got him and just maybe he will take root.

If he is a success the club will be in a position to offer him better terms financially and it’s not as if he will be on a pittance as it is anyway.

I really like how he spoke and it didn’t seem like the usual stock phrases to try to keep onside with the fans. He said he has been at big clubs and offered big roles but nothing as big as he can get at Rangers. He gets that we are a “proper” big football club, we don’t have a whole host of tourist fans, it’s a proper hardcore old school fanbase supporting the team of our forefathers

Watching it now and it’s superb however he’s very tight with Ross Wilson. That much is clear.

I don’t think we should get too hung up on what’s being said about the players that we need to shift on. He can’t come in and publicly call them rubbish. He’ll hopefully be working on a plan to overhaul the squad.

I think he is wrong about the squad not being as broken as we think.It is broken on so many ways.He needs to rip it up because if he continues with these duds then it will simply continue to stagnate.
Ok but do you expect him to say on day 1 that the squad needs ripped up? :D

Haven’t seen part 2 yet but SS have a headline as Beale wanting to keep Morelos and Kent which I sincerely hope isn’t what he’s said, Morelos in particular.
Having read the interview now it’s as I feared.

If we’re honest no decent team will want Morelos so we can look forward to a new deal no doubt on ridiculous money.

Kent I’d rather see the back of too although his professionalism I can’t question, Morelos is a different situation.

Some honest conversations needed with a number of players over the coming days. A lot of them need moved on anyway but if we can get the likes of Kent and Kamara firing again it makes a big difference and allows us to spend more on other priorities.

For me it would be better to move Morelos on, his form slump has now spanned the last two managers. Even if Beale gets him performing again the evidence suggests it will just be temporary. He is no longer able to motivate himself

If we’re honest no decent team will want Morelos so we can look forward to a new deal no doubt on ridiculous money.

Kent I’d rather see the back of too although his professionalism I can’t question, Morelos is a different situation.
Morelos is the one I want to keep. The man is box office, he needs back to his best though as he's currently well off it.

If Morelos can find the form he had under SG and Beale then keeping him is a no brainer.

Lets be honest, he’s one of a number of players whos standards dropped under Gio. I think that says more about the environment than the player.

Pick up more points than that lot in the remaining league games playing a more entertaining style of football and win a cup. I'll be happy with that.

I don't really take too much from these interviews, managers tend to be everything to everyone in these type of interviews. The reality of the situation we will not know unless someone from his coaching team leaks it, but I would imagine he knows that there needs to be big changes and he needs to be ruthless. The most important thing for me is if Wilson is not doing his job, that Mick has no issue going above him to get results.

If Morelos can find the form he had under SG and Beale then keeping him is a no brainer.

Lets be honest, he’s one of a number of players whos standards dropped under Gio. I think that says more about the environment than the player.
His standards dropped every season under Gerrard too at points of the season

I find it utterly incredible after the shite he’s given us this season and lack of application, interest and stinking attitude that fans are happy to brush it under the carpet.

Morelos remaining sends out a bad message. We know his next circus act won’t be far away

Interesting that he said he will have a look at the team before thinking about new players
I’ll get behind Beale but the early soundbites suggests to me this is going to be a cheap appointment in terms of rebuilding.

We’ll be stuck watching a lot of these current underachieving players for years to come.

His standards dropped every season under Gerrard too at points of the season

I find it utterly incredible after the shite he’s given us this season and lack of application, interest and stinking attitude that fans are happy to brush it under the carpet.

Morelos remaining sends out a bad message. We know his next circus act won’t be far away
Morelos has to be the one to go. No trust there.

Kent may yet stay, but wage demands probably outwith our budget as it stands

Haven’t seen part 2 yet but SS have a headline as Beale wanting to keep Morelos and Kent which I sincerely hope isn’t what he’s said, Morelos in particular.
I don’t understand this thinking. If Beale gets them both playing and contributing to a successful Rangers, which has every chance of happening, are you really going to look back on the last six months and hold a grudge against them both?

It also goes back to the fact that the squad needs a lot of surgery and we have finite resources to do so. How do you replace a £7M winger and a player we all valued at £20M+ a year ago, when we need a number of quality additions to the first 11 in other areas, particularly the midfield, as well as refreshing and upgrading the overall quality of the squad.

When it comes to a new manager and a fresh slate, I think that goes for the players under that manager also.

He speaks very well. I was fully engaged in what he was saying there, and that says a lot because I couldn’t engage fully with Gio despite his huge calibre in football.

I’m warming very quickly to this man, let’s see how we go from the first game but he’s certainly positive and we can fully understand what he’s saying in terms of desire and fight and passion and the need to get these players firing again.

I also really, really like the way he says “them” almost with a total disregard for the rattlers, and if that rubs off on these players once again, we won’t just be chasing them down, we will be climbing over the top of them to get to that summit.

Very much warming to him, despite my initial negative reactions.

100% behind Michael Beale at this moment in time.

Saying all the right things, no way he is going to turn round and say hes binning Kent and Morelos, he needs them to play for him. Though, I think it is time we parted company with Alfie.

But at least he wants to look at the squad and see what he needs.

He's just come into the job and trying to install a bit of togetherness and belief. Hardly going to say he doesn't want Kent, Morelos or anyone for that matter.

I think the time is right for Morelos to leave. Sometimes a player and club need a fresh start. We'll see what this new management set up can get out of him, or any of the players.

I do believe we need to see the start of the squad being broken up and I sincerely hope Beale is of the same opinion.

Gerrard had plenty of disciplinary issues with Alfredo too mate.

I remember in Gerrard's first season, he got sent off at the piggery and we then went on a long unbeaten run, with Defoe up front and Arfield and Kent playing narrow behind him.
The 2-0 gubbing of them at Ibrox was part of that run and Alfredo couldn't get back in the team.

The following season, Morelos arrived back late from international duty and he missed the SC defeat at Tynecastle, when we'd to play Greg Stewart up front.

Both Gerrard and GvB have been let down by Alfredo's lack of professionalism and commitment to Rangers.

Back