Fan Survey on moving UB

Just shift them the same way celtic did, 20% discount on a ST renewal elsewhere in the stadium to those effected.
If it’s a small % of BF3 ST holders that are completely against the idea, with a sizeable majority happy to move to relocate I think the club will move all and deal with the backlash from a small %

If it’s a sizeable majority of those in BF3 completely against it and not wanting to move, I think that’ll be the clubs ready made excuse not to do what you’ve suggested

One thing that needs considered is what if all those in BF3 say they support the idea but they wish to remain in their seat to take part? What happens then

I’m in broomloan front but don’t have an email? Has everyone got There?

20% of the stadium's capacity would be the full Broomloan Stand which is the rule.
The rule may or may not still be 20% I don’t know but it doesn’t say “ the full stand”.

If we are drawn at the piggery , 20% would be 12,000, you see them giving us that?

Respondents should also remember to add in the comment at the end of the survey that safe standing is a must.

it's a good idea in principle but the majority of BF3 need to be happy to move which is no foregone conclusion they are being asked to move to a worse seat/position. The flags will also need to go for reasons mentioned already in the thread. I'm sure if the UB wants the move so badly they will be happy to give up the flags for the benefit of the rest of the stand.

it's a good idea in principle but the majority of BF3 need to be happy to move which is no foregone conclusion they are being asked to move to a worse seat/position. The flags will also need to go for reasons mentioned already in the thread. I'm sure if the UB wants the move so badly they will be happy to give up the flags for the benefit of the rest of the stand.
This is key mate. Given that they wave them at Hampden when behind the goals, I wouldn’t hold out much hope. Id be surprised if the threshold was met anyway personally.

They can still have flags/banners they’ll just need to be modified and of a different style. Also some placed down the front behind goal.

It’s a cracking move by the club to keep the fans involved for once.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit of it has come from Beale asking for it to get the crowd more vocal.

Last edited:
The rule may or may not still be 20% I don’t know but it doesn’t say “ the full stand”.

If we are drawn at the piggery , 20% would be 12,000, you see them giving us that?
Christ man calm down.

It's easier to describe it as the full stand as that is what it has/would be going by the rules.

They would give us the old allocation in my opinion barring any "security issues" that may crop up.

For what it's worth I cant see us agreeing to giving them the Broomloan ever again and I suspect the same goes for them.

Amazed amount saying a seat is a seat. Some have had their seat in the family for generations. Not saying that will be the case in BF just surprised people think moving those against their will is acceptable.
Not so much the seat issue but a rapport would have been built up with those around them and would be a big miss for some in the Copland Front.

It’s not their seat though is it you’re renting it for the duration of the season.

If you rent a house and suddenly a nightclub opens next door which you don’t like…it’s your decision to stay or go.
If your forced out a rental against your will would you rent from the same people again?

Christ man calm down.

It's easier to describe it as the full stand as that is what it has/would be going by the rules.

They would give us the old allocation in my opinion barring any "security issues" that may crop up.

For what it's worth I cant see us agreeing to giving them the Broomloan ever again and I suspect the same goes for them.
I agree with you.

The 20% thing is as dead as a dodo. If we got drawn at the piggery we wouldn’t get 12,000, no chance. Hence they’ll never again get 10,000 at Ibrox. Or even 8000.

I would argue that the seats in BF3 Rows A-J are a worse view than seats in the same rows in BF1

On your flag point, they wouldn’t agree to not waving flags so that won’t be part of an agreement. That’s why I could foresee the club implementing a trial period until the end of the season and then if it doesn’t work, revert back to the current status quo

I would argue that the seats in BF3 Rows A-J are a worse view than seats in the same rows in BF1

On your flag point, they wouldn’t agree to not waving flags so that won’t be part of an agreement. That’s why I could foresee the club implementing a trial period until the end of the season and then if it doesn’t work, revert back to the current status quo

why wouldn't they agree to not waving flags or at the very least not waving flags that obstruct fellow supporters view?

why wouldn't they agree to not waving flags or at the very least not waving flags that obstruct fellow supporters view?
They’d argue flags are imperative to the visual aspect of the section. Flags are present at away, European away and hampden games at present where other fans views get obscured

Just don’t think they’d ever agree to it if that’s a condition of the move. The discussion that would follow would be a different discussion all together but I don’t think for one minute they’ll agree to that

Get them in the centre of the stand.

Although i can’t stand the shit European still songs they sing.

If they stuck to old classic’s it would be better.

They’d argue flags are imperative to the visual aspect of the section. Flags are present at away, European away and hampden games at present where other fans views get obscured

Just don’t think they’d ever agree to it if that’s a condition of the move. The discussion that would follow would be a different discussion all together but I don’t think for one minute they’ll agree to that
shame if that's the case, it's the family stand and the feedback seems to be young family members can't see the game. Surely non-obtrusive different flags would be an option? sadly I don't see this going smoothly at all.

shame if that's the case, it's the family stand and the feedback seems to be young family members can't see the game. Surely non-obtrusive different flags would be an option? sadly I don't see this going smoothly at all.
There are various alternatives. Smaller flags, all down the front, banners rather than flags, the twirling of scarves, certain agreed points.

With dialogue it can all be sorted out no problem.

I think it would raise a different discussion all together on the practicalities of it which would hopefully be resolved

The argument about flags in BF1 was always that people had chosen to be in an ultras section and they should’ve known tele flags/2 sticks would be up the whole game. Completely different discussion if it then impacts those in BF2/3 and the other side of the stairs in BF3 that haven’t chosen to join the section

I’m 100% for it but I do accept there’ll be some trepidation surrounding what it would be like in practice. If it’s a barrier I’d really hope the club would offer a trial period as a minimum

This is big reason why many will vote no then mate. There would have to be a common ground, it cant be one group of supporters making demands of other supporters, who pay the same, without being willing to compromise. No fan is more important than any other.

This is big reason why many will vote no then mate. There would have to be a common ground, it cant be one group of supporters making demands of other supporters, who pay the same, without being willing to compromise. No fan is more important than any other.
As said, there’ll be a few implications that would raise a totally different discussion. Someone like me wouldn’t want in caned due to flags, although they can be a pain in the arse, where as for others that’s a deal breaker

Understand that and it’s most definitely a discussion that will form part of peoples decision making

Union bears should be in the corner that away fans are for domestic games. any away fans should be moved to where currently UB are based in BF1. I get the logistics of that are not easy but it’s what should happen

For me it's for the greater good so they can get shifted if they like it or not.

Renewal discount for the inconvenience and everyone moves on.

Back