Gaffer isnt giving up on the league this season

Sadly this title is gone, it’s all about building momentum and gearing up for next season by getting back to winning games with regularity.
No it's not. We've just sacked a manager with one of the best domestic win rates in our history and a very good points per game. The board have legitimised expectations above that as reasonable and expected, otherwise what was the point? Win the three Old Firm games and anything can happen. Clearly the board and many of our supporters think this is achievable given what we've just booted out the door.

Neither he should - we get the team firing on all cylinders then there is every reason we can get back on track and challenge. At the moment it isn't a very likely thing for most, but we can't just say it's not going to happen.

Think he got a bit annoyed when tried to pin him down whether he had to win a cup or not. Goes without saying really, but he was clever enough not to make any bold statements that would have been lapped up the mhedia.

The look on his face when he was asked about it tells me he feels it's far from over.

A good Xmas period with maximum points and beating that mob on the 2nd and who knows.

Can't wait for the restart now.
And why should he or anyone? It’s there to be won

I don’t think we are good enough defensively, especially without Goldson, to sustain any title winning run of form.

I think Beale will make us way more organised and players will be clear on their jobs and how we move around as a team, but we will still have individuals playing within that who are weak links.

Our attacking players haven’t been great either, but I have more confidence in those players improving their from and output compared to first part of season.

I think we need to be happy with anything less than the current gap and holding the momentum going into next season tbh.

Just win all the games up till we play them and hope they drop points and we beat them at home sounds easy when you say it but harder to do but not impossible.

He can’t say anything else, but it’s good he doesn’t seem to believe it’s gone.

We just need to worry about ourselves, improve the performances, be consistent and do what we can to win every game. We’ll then see where we’re at in a few months time.

Why’s it not probable.?
Because we’d need a 100% record from now on in, including three wins against them, and given the goal difference we’d be needing them to drop somewhere else with us not so much as drawing a game

We need to get at least 3 more points in the games against them and then see what happens with the rest. Can't see it but a good start for Beale including a win on 2nd January at least should put a little pressure on them.

Because when you look at both our own and Celtic's results so far this season, that trend does not point towards us amassing 10 points more than them over the course of the next 20 games. Pretty obvious in terms of probability.
It’s really not, would Teresa may have given up?

If we play well & close the gap, hopefully beat them ,& win a cup then it's all go for next season, wishful thinking maybe but 'let's go'

Sadly this title is gone, it’s all about building momentum and gearing up for next season by getting back to winning games with regularity.
Best we can hope for us to outplay them in the remaining old firms, shake their conference a bit

Last edited:
Because we’d need a 100% record from now on in, including three wins against them, and given the goal difference we’d be needing them to drop somewhere else with us not so much as drawing a game
That’s nonsense, 3 wins against them puts us level. So are you saying that after that as we need to win the rest if we drop one just one point they will beat us.
Win out two home games against tgem and avoid defeat at the piggery and it’s game right on

Do I believe we're going to win it? No, based on the horrific run of performances we've seen this season and the state of some players' individual form.

Does a new manager give me hope? Absolutely, but we need to see actual results.

Should we give up on the league? Absolutely fucking not.

That’s nonsense, 3 wins against them puts us level. So are you saying that after that as we need to win the rest if we drop one just one point they will beat us.
Win out two home games against tgem and avoid defeat at the piggery and it’s game right on
Given how they’ve been going from September last season, we will need more or less a 100% record

Now that the World Cup has set a precedent, they’ll get 10 mins injury time whenever they need it.

Why’s it not probable.?
its between 8 and 10/1 in the bookies mate for a reason.

We are 9 points behind in pretty much a 2 team league.

Its factual that its not probable, only a fool would argue otherwise.

Not impossible, but highly improbable.

Now that the World Cup has set a precedent, they’ll get 10 mins injury time whenever they need it.

No they won't. It's not a standardised rule as of yet. They are trialing it for the WC only. It likely will be in the future but it won't be in the short term.

The look on his face when he was asked about it tells me he feels it's far from over.

A good Xmas period with maximum points and beating that mob on the 2nd and who knows.

Can't wait for the restart now.
100%

It's a new dawn now and the Gio horseshoe is no more!

We win all our games and then beat them in the new year derby and it's GAME ON.

No Surrender!

Back