Ridvan Yilmaz

We can’t have that level of spend on players that can’t come in and improve the first team.

While I’m not anywhere near as sold on him as most, I agree he needs time.

But if we’re still talking about him as a development prospect rather than a nailed on starter in 6 months, we have a problem.
Squad game innit. Nothing wrong with having two good left backs.

So FF, what do we reckon will become of Ridvan, will he become another expensive waste and end up back in Turkey in a cut price deal, or has he come back revitalised ready to knuckle down after having a few weeks away and maybe having a few heart to hearts with family members. Could working with Beale get him going.

He hasn't been here more than 6 months.

Can see Beale bringing him as soon as he is available. Completely different style on and off the ball to Barisic and could revitalise the left had side if he forms a good partnership with Kent.

Has looked really good in spells when we've seen him, Aberdeen at home for ~10 mins especially. Created 2 or 3 attacks with his direct running.

He hasn't been here more than 6 months.

Is there a time limit before we can speak about a player, it's not that deep. He's out most expensive signing since Kent, I think it's appropriate to wonder what's going on when we have only seen him like two times, if you're not interested then you don't need to read or comment, just a thought.

Can see Beale bringing him as soon as he is available. Completely different style on and off the ball to Barisic and could revitalise the left had side if he forms a good partnership with Kent.

Has looked really good in spells when we've seen him, Aberdeen at home for ~10 mins especially. Created 2 or 3 attacks with his direct running.
QoTS that wee trick he done. Oooaft

Remember when Borna first come in. People had him sold after a couple of month's. Look how well he's done. Yilmaz is no different. New country, culture. Inconsistent run in the team. Honestly believe he will come good. Still a young boy

Yilmaz is injured and his only interview reported of his comments being that he didn't want to return to Turkey and wanted to stay and play for Rangers.

So on that basis is everything we base this assumption that he wants/there is a possibility of him leaving pure fabrication from the media that we are now taking as fact?

Id love Borna to get some minutes at the world cup and then be sold for 2/3m

Yilmaz fit should be our starting left back no question.

I've been sceptical but he did look good (for five minutes!) against Aberdeen. Very positive going forward - need to see his defensive capabilities though.
I thought he was a shining light away in Naples, though that doesn’t say much.

Is there a time limit before we can speak about a player, it's not that deep. He's out most expensive signing since Kent, I think it's appropriate to wonder what's going on when we have only seen him like two times, if you're not interested then you don't need to read or comment, just a thought.

Here's a thought... don't be a bitch

So FF, what do we reckon will become of Ridvan, will he become another expensive waste and end up back in Turkey in a cut price deal, or has he come back revitalised ready to knuckle down after having a few weeks away and maybe having a few heart to hearts with family members. Could working with Beale get him going.
He is way ahead of Borna in my opinion fast attacking full back we have been crying out for ,if only we had another one like him for the other full back position .

Beale said in one of his interviews that there are some new players here, since his spell that he is excited to work with.

I have a feeling that Yilmaz is one of those players.
Do you think he would say he heard there were some new players but he thought they were all numpties? I am not saying they are all numpties, but he is not going to say any of they are not what he was looking for. Right now he will big everyone up.

Its a soundbite, it means nothing, he will assess the squad

He will decide fitness levels are not where they need to be

He will fix that and then again assess the quad

He’s on a 5 year deal so we can flip him after 3. If he’s still a squad player after year 1, clock is ticking.

Also - Beale doesn’t have 5 years or even 3 to wait to see how it pans out. He needs players that can perform now.
That's it the same ones getting excited over the training videos and the interviews will be the same ones who crucify him later we see it all the time on here.
Managers need time and also decent money spent in the transfer window to succeed.

Beale said that Barisic is a world class crosser but other players can bring different things, and also that physically Barisic isn't able to play lots of games on the bounce. Yilmaz, when fit, is a cert to get more game time.

Knuckle down? He hasn't done anything wrong.

Ridvan has become better in everyones eyes the longer he hasn't played. The truth is he's done nothing to gain the platitudes many are putting on him, and he's being viewed as the answer because of his wildly varying price tag, our shite form, and the fact Borna has become the whipping boy due to there being no forward pass available to him.
Pish Bosch

Haven’t even considered this.
Also, when was he not vitalised in order to be revitalised?

We can’t have that level of spend on players that can’t come in and improve the first team.

While I’m not anywhere near as sold on him as most, I agree he needs time.

But if we’re still talking about him as a development prospect rather than a nailed on starter in 6 months, we have a problem.
Do you mean “in six months from now” or “after he’s been here six months”?
Either way, considering the player’s circumstances, I can’t agree.

Do we know when he's back from injury? Not seen him in the training videos and we really need him for the second half of season. He needs to get fitness up to speed and learn the new system.

Do we know when he's back from injury? Not seen him in the training videos and we really need him for the second half of season. He needs to get fitness up to speed and learn the new system.
He was in the first training video with a long lense camera, taking photos of the squad training...

We’ve admittedly not seen a great deal of him on the pitch but what we have seen makes me optimistic we could have a very good player on our hands.
There’s the possibility though we may sell him in January to free up funds for other acquisitions preferred by Beale/Wilson. Hope not.

Barisic is done imo - as good as he's been at times, I can't deal with seeing him getting beat to a cross from the right time & time again with a player running in behind him. Lost count how many times its happened.

Difficult to say on Yilmaz but I think there is are promising signs particularly his desire to play risky passes forward

The lads onky been here 6 months and is having to get used to a new culture learn a new language and settle into a new home country. He needs well balanced management his first season and not just thrown in the deep end. Just have to look a t poor Leon King atm. His confidence has completely gone and the boy looked distraught after the last couple games. The same if not worse would happen to yilmaz if we done the same. Hell get more mins under beale I'm sure of it but I think next season is the best and most realistic time to start expecting performances from him

Do you mean “in six months from now” or “after he’s been here six months”?
Either way, considering the player’s circumstances, I can’t agree.
In the next six months - ie after a full season. I’m not saying ditch him, I hope he comes good. But if he’s still peripheral by the start of next season…

I'd expect him to be our 1st choice left back. Much better going forward and will help Kent on that side with overlapping runs
That’s the weird thing, prior to GVB Borna was always overlapping and was a huge threat from wide areas.

I had assumed GVB wanted him to stay a bit deeper and it exposed his defensive weaknesses.

Back