Fan Survey on moving UB

Dangerous precedent being set if people are moved for a fans group, especially when someone who is currently in the seat hasn’t got the opportunity to join the group. Would it not make sense to put them in the current away end and move away fans to the crap seats in the enclosure

People are being "moved" to fix the atmosphere. Isnt that a good thing?

No one owns it but at the same time the UB are essentially saying that there demands are more important than an existing fans right to sit in a certain area.
They’ve asked the club, the club have then went through consultation and decided to send out a survey

Everyone will get their say. Can’t get much fairer than what’s happening

They need a full stand of like minded people for it to work. The evidence of QOS game is if you have a child they won't see a thing because of flags. If you're an adult you will not see large parts of play. Personally if the stand outwith that section is still to remain as it is that isn't acceptable. People aren't paying 500 plus a season to watch flag waving for half of time

No one owns it but at the same time the UB are essentially saying that there demands are more important than an existing fans right to sit in a certain area.

The UB arent saying anything of the sort. They're trying to improve the atmosphere.

Are those currently in these seats more important than everyone else who suffer a shit atmosphere every week? And what about the lack of support for the team?

The UB arent saying anything of the sort. They're trying to improve the atmosphere.

Are those currently in these seats more important than everyone else who suffer a shit atmosphere every week? And what about the lack of support for the team?
Do UB trump a child in there not in that section that couldn't see any of game? That's what happened at QOS game.

They’ve asked the club, the club have then went through consultation and decided to send out a survey

The board will bottle out of this again in my opinion. I dont think they care at all about the atmosphere and I dont think they understand how attractive a singing section is for young fans. It took just one OF game for me to become a bear for 60 years. That's what it means.

People are being "moved" to fix the atmosphere. Isnt that a good thing?

I know im in the minority on here but monotone chants that the other 49k in the stadium aren’t intestered in singing doesn’t really help the atmosphere. The atmosphere is only great at Ibrox when the team are playing well. The vast majority aren’t singing when we are playing a turgid spl game.

We are already seeing big issues at away games with the UB acting like they control every other fan. Doing it at home is going to get a lot of peoples backs up

Banging a drum and singing absolutely horrendous songs on repeat like ‘ jump on the heads of Glasgow Celtic’ and ‘ your the only team for me’ isn’t creating a great atmosphere.

Do UB trump a child in there not in that section that couldn't see any of game? That's what happened at QOS game.

No one "trumps" anyone else but to use your example. Do you think one child not seeing us beat QOS should stop 50k fans enjoying a better atmosphere every week for as long as we exist?

I know im in the minority on here but monotone chants that the other 49k in the stadium aren’t intestered in singing doesn’t really help the atmosphere. The atmosphere is only great at Ibrox when the team are playing well. The vast majority aren’t singing when we are playing a turgid spl game.

We are already seeing big issues at away games with the UB acting like they control every other fan. Doing it at home is going to get a lot of peoples backs up
You probably aren't in the minority on here, or in the stadium.

Then you’ll see how poor of an atmosphere Ibrox is without them.
It won’t really. Much as I don’t mind them it’s just a noise. Certain games have a better atmosphere and that will always be the case. As the game gets exciting or tense the whole crowd reacts. Unless the UB take over the full Broomloan stand this won’t change.
A game against Livingston on the Wednesday night isn’t made any better with the UB going through there (same every game ) songbook.

Why is it we seem to be the only club in the world that doesnt want a proper singing section? Its absolutely pathetic. Almost as if we prefer being outdone by our enemies.

What do the other 48000 mutes do? This notion they ruin the atmosphere is hilarious

Apart from a wee rendition of ‘ every sat we follow’ at the start of the game , very few people in the rest of the ground join in with any off the other chants. The atmosphere is only ever good when the rest of the stadium
Ignores the UB and sings something else over them.

No matter where you put the UB the vast vast majority of fans aren’t interested in singing.

You probably aren't in the minority on here, or in the stadium.

Really? You reckon more than half our fans are opposed to a decent singing section? Its not as if everyone has to join it. Perhaps 3,000 out of 50,000. Leaving 47,000 seats for ST holders to choose from.

Why is it we seem to be the only club in the world that doesnt want a proper singing section? Its absolutely pathetic. Almost as if we prefer being outdone by our enemies.

There seems to be an obsesssion with trying to be some European ultras scene where regardless of what is happening on the pitch the fans chant. In the uk the atmosphere will always be reactionary to what is happening on the pitch itself. The vast majority of fans aren’t interested in bouncing up and down for 90 mins

No one "trumps" anyone else but to use your example. Do you think one child not seeing us beat QOS should stop 50k fans enjoying a better atmosphere every week for as long as we exist?
I'm assuming you're in UB? What does a flag add to the atmosphere? Doesn't make a noise. Why do they have to be waved the full game? That doesn't create a atmosphere. Now you will say it adds to the spectacle and 50 k enjoyment of spectacle. No 1 and I mean no 1 had ever went to any game and talked about the flag waving during a game adding anything to game or atmosphere. Also UB rarely get the rest to join in. I was in TBO so know what it's like. You sing and most games it's just your section outwith odd bit here and there in run of mill games. Ibrox isn't going to become like an OF game every game because you're in middle of BF. It just isn't.

Apart from a wee rendition of ‘ every sat we follow’ at the start of the game , very few people in the rest of the ground join in with any off the other chants. The atmosphere is only ever good when the rest of the stadium
Ignores the UB and sings something else over them.

No matter where you put the UB the vast vast majority of fans aren’t interested in singing.
You’ll get more involvement from BF2/4 if they’re central

Away game atmospheres are much better now with UB being a prominent part of away games. I accept your point regarding some of the chants, they’re dog shit and go down like a led balloon but so do actual rangers songs

Regardless what they do, people always say they should do something different. All the while they’ll be mutes at Ibrox

I'm assuming you're in UB? What does a flag add to the atmosphere? Doesn't make a noise. Why do they have to be waved the full game? That doesn't create a atmosphere. Now you will say it adds to the spectacle and 50 k enjoyment of spectacle. No 1 and I mean no 1 had ever went to any game and talked about the flag waving during a game adding anything to game or atmosphere. Also UB rarely get the rest to join in. I was in TBO so know what it's like. You sing and most games it's just your section outwith odd bit here and there in run of mill games. Ibrox isn't going to become like an OF game every game because you're in middle of BF. It just isn't.
And on a purely basic level, if every game becomes like an Old Firm game, then you don't have special ones.

There seems to be an obsesssion with trying to be some European ultras scene where regardless of what is happening on the pitch the fans chant. In the uk the atmosphere will always be reactionary to what is happening on the pitch itself. The vast majority of fans aren’t interested in bouncing up and down for 90 mins

The vast majority dont need to bounce up and down. Its only a very small minority so what difference does that make to you? Are you just determined to stop others doing what they want to do?

You’ll get more involvement from BF2/4 if they’re central

Away game atmospheres are much better now with UB being a prominent part of away games. I accept your point regarding some of the chants, they’re dog shit and go down like a led balloon but so do actual rangers songs

Regardless what they do, people always say they should do something different. All the while they’ll be mutes at Ibrox
Some people have managed to go through their whole lives with Ibrox relatively speaking the way it is, and the way they are. The idea that those people are lesser fans or less entitled to be in the stadium is why people think that most of the arguments stem from a place of misguided entitlement.

Some people have managed to go through their whole lives with Ibrox relatively speaking the way it is, and the way they are. The idea that those people are lesser fans or less entitled to be in the stadium is why people think that most of the arguments stem from a place of misguided entitlement.
Where have I ever suggested any different? That’s purely in response to the guy talking about noise/monotone chanting

I know people that haven’t missed games for years that just want to go and watch football in silence. I’d say they’re more dedicated than most and I’d never try suggest any different

Its got nothing to do with entitlement though you could argue you and others act as if you are entitled to stop others from enjoying games more.

The vast majority dont need to bounce up and down. Its only a very small minority so what difference does that make to you? Are you just determined to stop others doing what they want to do?

I am uncomfortable with a private members group who have cost the club over 100k in fines over the last 5 years dictating where they want to sit in the stadium and having more of a say that another fan.
Likewise away from home they march about like they own the away end and wave flags about resulting in other people not seeing the game. You just have to look over at Celtic and see what happens when fans groups get too long a leash

Everyone not getting their say, I am in BR3 and have no problem with the union bears.
But the flag flying would have to be looked at as the one game they moved we couldn’t see the goals as the flags being waved at the front hid our view of the goal mouth at our end

The club need to grow a set with this and make this move happen.

That lot done it with their green brigade lot. Upset some ST holders by forcing them to relocate. IIRC offered them some discounted ST price for a season but it’s worked out in their best interests.

Our board need to do the same. You’ll always have folk whinging but if it improves the atmosphere then that comes before some greetin faced guys moaning about their blue plastic seat.

Force it through.
Offer those affected a slightly discounted ST elsewhere

Ibrox atmosphere improves and gives the UB chance to expand in the coming years which is badly needed and lays the foundations for the full BF to be safe standing
Would you give up your seat to make it happen?

Not sure I understand. Are you saying you asked one of the UB with a flag for a photo with your "wean" and they said "no" so you're against a singing section? Is that what happened?
No they had the flags out and i said can i get a pic with the wee yin next to it and i was told apparently there are no pictures allowed in this area of the stadium and also told to relocate our seats as it was in with them.

Where have I ever suggested any different? That’s purely in response to the guy talking about noise/monotone chanting

I know people that haven’t missed games for years that just want to go and watch football in silence. I’d say they’re more dedicated than most and I’d never try suggest any different
It might not have been suggested by you personally, but the idea permeates these threads.

Wow! Really clutching at straws now.

You like the idea of shit atmospheres most weeks because it makes OF games special?

Tell your wife to make shitty dinners so that christmas dinner is special.
You've pretty much used an example of a unique thing that's all the better for its uniqueness there. If you and your family gathered every week and had the same big meal, it'd lessen the specialness of it.

Its got nothing to do with entitlement though you could argue you and others act as if you are entitled to stop others from enjoying games more.
What if another group comes along that beats their drum harder, sings and chants harder and thinks the UB should be moved? Because that's the kind of logic you're working with here.

Who told you that?
The boys that were in the section, we were also basically moved out of our seats and had to sit in the section next to BF1, the whole reason i got the tickets there was because the wee yin wanted to be in that section for the sing song.

What if another group comes along that beats their drum harder, sings and chants harder and thinks the UB should be moved? Because that's the kind of logic you're working with here.

Exactly . Someone else forms a wee group and decides they want in those seats.

Wrong. Im not in the UB. I used to stand in the Derry back in the late 60s early 70s and I remember how much fun and excitement it generated even in shit games with less than 20k fans. Back then people had a choice of where to go.

What I dont remember was anyone complaining about the singing or waving of flags. In fact sonetimes that was all there was to talk about on the way home.

One of my favourite Rangers' pictures is from the flag day we held with the terracing a sea of red, white and blue.

Young fans love the noise and spectacle. That's a major feature of games but sadly its missing at Ibrox. God knows how many young people we've lost because of it. Fans for life potentially.

I am uncomfortable with a private members group who have cost the club over .
Likewise away from home they march about like they own the away end and wave flags about resulting in other people not seeing the game. You just have to look over at Celtic and see what happens when fans groups get too long a leash

In fairness, in this occasion they're not getting a say at all - Its at the mercy of people in the section they want to move to.

If it gets vetoed, it's vetoed. There is no dictating.

For the interests of transparency, I'm completely unaffected and sit in The Copland.

They really should be in the corner of Broomloan/ Govan where the away fans are situated.
That corner is ideal for away fans. I’d build Perspex over them as well. Any visiting fans shouldn’t get the barrier outside after the game either all should be held in for 45 minutes after each game to let bears leave safely

They really should be in the corner of Broomloan/ Govan where the away fans are situated.

That would do for a start but we really need a much bigger area.

Dont forget too that away fans would need relocated and it doesnt matter where to because wherever it is there'll be objections.

Wrong. Im not in the UB. I used to stand in the Derry back in the late 60s early 70s and I remember how much fun and excitement it generated even in shit games with less than 20k fans. Back then people had a choice of where to go.

What I dont remember was anyone complaining about the singing or waving of flags. In fact sonetimes that was all there was to talk about on the way home.

One of my favourite Rangers' pictures is from the flag day we held with the terracing a sea of red, white and blue.

Young fans love the noise and spectacle. That's a major feature of games but sadly its missing at Ibrox. God knows how many young people we've lost because of it.
I’m not against singing sections etc but I’m against wee jumped up neds telling me where i can and cannot sit, i have followed our team home and abroad for the best part of 30 years and I was even called a tim at one point because I wasn’t moving.

Back