Having a beer in Tenerife

I met a welshman once in Majorca

Ex para and mad as a box of frogs..he was on the tail end of his break as me and my mate arrived. He was good fun for the few days we spent out and about with him and his family. More often than not we were rattling halfs at the bar. Exchanged phone numbers and addresses ect with my mate and said he would keep in touch and he said he would look us up when he was up for the rugby.
Never heard a thing for about six years(he gave us the wrong number and the address was lost on a night out with Leeds..another story) and one day i bump into my mates da..he asked me if my mate had been to wales?

Not that i know of jimmy..i dont see much of him

Then he told me the previous Friday there was some mad pished welshman at his door looking for us...he ended up taking my mates da oot for beers and to his dying day he still did not know who he was as we didnt tell him!

Great days

I don’t understand this. Hundreds upon hundreds of Welsh fans flew to Tenerife for the World Cup because a bar posted bring your own drink?

What’s the appeal?

I was told there were 3k to 5k there because it was cheaper and better than Qatar and you could have a drink. I was there from the 18th to the 25th and there were certainly hundreds of Welsh fans in Las Americas.

Maybe cos he was never fit for us when he could have made a massive difference, yet lo and behold he plays every game for Wales at this WC.

Not to mention his shiter of a penalty.

So yeah, hope he is hurting tonight.
Don’t like any international football but this is the reason I wanted England to win tonight.

All the best to them, I hope they had a good time with family and friends, despite the result .

Walked around to a bar close to our hotel.
Got speaking to Welsh fans.
Asked why there’s thousands of Welsh here.

One bar posted bring your own drink on a Welsh page just after they qualified.

There’s hundreds upon hundred outside the bar. Been there from the early hours

Spanish police have been filming them.
Turning up in their numbers.
Basically truncheons at the ready.

It’s not going to end well.
Is this a poem, too?

LAPD have a lot to learn from the Spanish coppers.

The usual places were absolutely fine tonight.

OP is clearly a total VL panic merchant.

Seen quite a few hundred of the Welsh here in Benidorm too they all said it was cheaper for a week here than two days in Doha think they were disappointed when they found out Morgan’s Tavern wasn’t a Welsh bar:):)

Will people act like scorned wee lassies with Ramsey forevermore?
Yes I will i’ll never get over that penalty or the fact the imposter wage raping waister was even on the pitch….

Anyone a problem with that then block me

He was not a patch or could not even tie the laces of our great Barcelona bear Colin stein £100000 signing,not even a week's wage to Ramsey

I'm in the Ibrox Bar just now. Coll story bro and all that. The Wales fans last night were all fine at this end as we're the English. No issues at all

Don't know if anyone saw the BBC news this morning about 11:15. They were interviewing this Welsh guy about the game last night and they were cutting between him and a shot of mixed Welsh and English supporters in a huge beer tent. But in the background the English fans were giving it big licks to the Welsh and next thing this guy jumps up on the table and volleys a boy right on the moosh and then jumps down to pummel him behind the table.

Was in Tenerife last week. First morning a big banner appears over the balcony opposite saying Welsh not British. The guy who owned the banner had a big Man Utd tattoo. Confused individual.

A good friend of mine chanced his arm and tried to fire into Miss Wales back in the late 70s . In a rather forceful Welsh lilt she told him to FCUK OFF. As much as it amused us all at the table at the time l find I just cannot forgive this.

I met a welshman once in Majorca

Ex para and mad as a box of frogs..he was on the tail end of his break as me and my mate arrived. He was good fun for the few days we spent out and about with him and his family. More often than not we were rattling halfs at the bar. Exchanged phone numbers and addresses ect with my mate and said he would keep in touch and he said he would look us up when he was up for the rugby.
Never heard a thing for about six years(he gave us the wrong number and the address was lost on a night out with Leeds..another story) and one day i bump into my mates da..he asked me if my mate had been to wales?

Not that i know of jimmy..i dont see much of him

Then he told me the previous Friday there was some mad pished welshman at his door looking for us...he ended up taking my mates da oot for beers and to his dying day he still did not know who he was as we didnt tell him!

Great days
That's a bloody marvellous story.

You should ask them.

There’s thousands of them here.

I asked them and they said fcuk going to Qatar paying thousands and not getting a drink plus corruption.

That was the answer they gave me.
Makes perfect sense. Seems to be going against the grain here but I like the Welsh. I've a cousin married to a Welsh lass and they live down there. Theyve a couple of young boys, lovely lads. really enjoy their company.

4 of us booked to head over in March for a few nights. not long after we booked it the rest of them pulled out obviously the wifes werent keen. Wondering do I go myself?

Walked around to a bar close to our hotel.
Got speaking to Welsh fans.
Asked why there’s thousands of Welsh here.

One bar posted bring your own drink on a Welsh page just after they qualified.

There’s hundreds upon hundred outside the bar. Been there from the early hours

Spanish police have been filming them.
Turning up in their numbers.
Basically truncheons at the ready.

It’s not going to end well.
Watched their game against England in Ibrox Bar, very civilised; Welsh fans all in bar, English fans in terrace, Scots fans (all supporting Wales) everywhere: no bother, great night.

Attention. We have Lawrence who would have been there and Matondo who could have been there, but let's use Ramsay as an excuse to hate them.
Would Lawrence have been there? I dont have a clue what the wales squad is if everyone is fit. Still struggling to get my head round them starting Bale and Ramsey in every game.

Would Lawrence have been there? I dont have a clue what the wales squad is if everyone is fit. Still struggling to get my head round them starting Bale and Ramsey in every game.
The issue for Wales with Bale and Ramsay is that they have pretty selflessly given themselves to Wales during the peak of their career when nothing was achieved. They deserved their game time at the WC in my opinion.

He would have been there as part of the squad.
Guy must be gutted with that injury. Missed his chance to play in WC and CL having started well with us, clearly the biggest club hes played for, at that stage in his career. Hope he gets the chance to win trophies with us..

The issue for Wales with Bale and Ramsay is that they have pretty selflessly given themselves to Wales during the peak of their career when nothing was achieved. They deserved their game time at the WC in my opinion.
Take your point but was surprised they started every game- looked like Wales needed more legs in there. But I dont know what the alternatives are tbh.
Not the only team relying on/ taking old legends in the tournament though.

Back