Behind The Scenes: Micheal Beale's First Week In Charge. On RTV

Was it Gio’s choice for his sessions not to be filmed? Seems strange we never had this access, as supporters, during his reign.

Great content from the club.

Was it Gio’s choice for his sessions not to be filmed? Seems strange we never had this access, as supporters, during his reign.

Great content from the club.

We got semi regular clips under Gio, but he never showed much of the drills. We got a similar video to this when he signed as well.

We got semi regular clips under Gio, but he never showed much of the drills. We got a similar video to this when he signed as well.
You’re right, the famous “tricks are for the circus” from Makaay. Foreshadowed the dull football we displayed.

Under Gerrard it was more regular and longer clips, but with Gio it was mostly rondos. I say this as someone who watches just about everything on RTV, living abroad, but there was a dramatic downturn in these kinds of clips during Gio’s time.

Loved that. RTV at it's best, Great to have some quality stuff again on RTV again. Michael Beale looked proud to show his staff round RTC and Ibrox, and it was good to hear from them even if it was short and sweet.

Heard Wilson say they are installing cameras so he can see training from his desk

I guess this was Gio request and will never see the light of day under Beale

Great to see some decent content again. Really enjoy stuff like this.

Gillock family visit next for me

So Wilson can see training or Gio/the manager?
The manager should be on the pitch with them, not watching from a room with a camera.

Wilson might want to see it, could also be for the younger players who want to see them training without having to crowd around the pitch. Or it could be for the medical staff so they can observe how players are moving etc and try spot possible issues or injuries earlier.

The manager should be on the pitch with them, not watching from a room with a camera.

Wilson might want to see it, could also be for the younger players who want to see them training without having to crowd around the pitch. Or it could be for the medical staff so they can observe how players are moving etc and try spot possible issues or injuries earlier.
I’m not against the idea I’m just asking mate.

I can’t see MB being the type to sit and watch training on a screen. He’s very much a hands on manager/coach.

Or he can watch it back with a high vantage point over view, he will see how the team move together better.

After watching that I wouldn't be surprised to see a market stall pop up in the Auchenhowie car park at some point.

The sessions already get recorded for that reason, I thought the new cameras being put in were for live streaming it indoors.

Im not sure tbh, Gio struck me as an onfield coach maybe not in the same way Beale is. Though he may have been going for the Alex ferguson way and leave a lot of the coaching to his team.

Makes you wonder why we weren’t getting it under Gio? Was he not keen on the cameras poking around?
I wanted Gio sacked too but I don’t think this particular criticism (hinted at by more than just yourself) is fair.

We’ve never had this sort of content consistently during a managers tenure.

It’s done when a manager first comes in or when we have a training session ahead of a big match like a cup final etc. Same was true of Gio’s reign.

We won’t get these constantly under Beale either.

The new cameras getting installed are for the manager and staff to be able to watch back training sessions, not watch sessions live from their desk.
Anyone who watched the arsenal all or nothing series will recall that arteta asked about cameras when he first joined, and was even enquiring about the drones they use for recording training.
It’s a modern day essential tool to elite level football training. These clips can then be shown back to players as part of the group / individual video analysis sessions.

Back