Gaffer isnt giving up on the league this season

Certainly not an easy challenge, but one I feel is right up the gaffers street! He seems to be relishing at the idea of overturning the deficit, at least with his words. Time will tell if that translates to the pitch!

On Boxing day last year, after 20 games, we had a six point lead over Celtic and ended up losing the league by four points. It can be done. But we need to go on a long win streak, starting from our next game.

Positive words from Beale regarding the league isn’t lost yet and mathematically he is correct of course however, for me the reality is that the league is over now and what I want to see from us in the remaining fixtures is to win the remaining old firm games and win one of or both domestic cups.

The look on his face when he was asked about it tells me he feels it's far from over.

A good Xmas period with maximum points and beating that mob on the 2nd and who knows.

Can't wait for the restart now.
Definitely have to believe we can win it, but I wouldn't judge Beale on it. He's inherited a mess and establishing a clear effective style of play, competing and winning old firms and winning at least one cup would be a more realistic expectation.

Positive words from Beale regarding the league isn’t lost yet and mathematically he is correct of course however, for me the reality is that the league is over now and what I want to see from us in the remaining fixtures is to win the remaining old firm games and win one of or both domestic cups.
If we win the remaining old firm games we'll probably win the league to be fair.

I'm sorry but he is. I know it loses a lot of staunch points to say so but idgaf...he's a decent manager.

That was one half of our mistake this season, the other was rating GVB.

I've full faith in Beale but I'm realistic also...we're not up against a joke figure like Lennon.

The "Fat Ange" stuff is wearing thin...he's a decent opponent. Time we recognised that and got our act together. GVB had no chance, Beale has a real chance but I really wish we got honest with ourselves that their manager actually has a clue right now.
He’s obviously better than Lennon . But his European record shows he’s not very astute at all . He’s got one way of playing and it’s obviously going to work v the dross in our league as his budget dwarfs them . But it’s a fact that apart from dead runners in Europe he’s an atrocious record there . It’s not about being staunch .

League's gone for me, but an OF win, closing the gap and winning a trophy will go a long way to setting MB off on the right path. I'd be happy with a season like that at this stage.

2 weeks ago I was of the opinion this season was going to be a disaster but listening to Beale and seeing what he is already doing with his backroom staff I am going to reduce that to the league being hard but not unattainable
It really was a fantastic refreshing presser, speaks very well, i really hope that inspired us all yday ,he looks hungry, let's do this.

Beale will improve the fitness and tactics of the team , but ultimately our players have shown they aren't good enough to win this league.

He needs 2 transfer windows and money to spend

Talk is cheap.

Heard it all before.

Get out there win every game up till March and then we will see what sort of winning team we have on the pitch.

As for anyone on the we have 3 game v them left.......we have been dropping points to others and hammered off them last time.

The players on the park will need to buy into the league still being there before anything will change.

I suppose you could say we've already gotten our usual slump/collapse out of the way already this season, so the players might surprise us and go on a long winning run and Celtic have already dropped points against St Mirren for example so if we get off to a flyer under Beale you never know

Nor should he.

All hypotheticals, clearly.

A win and two draws against them is more than achievable .

Then we have 20 other games to play.

Bettering their record by a couple of points every 8 or 9 games takes us to the final day.

I’m almost certain we won’t win. But there is absolutely no reason we can’t end up making them sweat into the last few games.

The look on his face when he was asked about it tells me he feels it's far from over.

A good Xmas period with maximum points and beating that mob on the 2nd and who knows.

Can't wait for the restart now.
We should be setting expectations really low.
Reason for that being, I’ve watched us play a lot this season.
We have ranged from poor to terrible.
Unless we see significant spending or return from injury I really can’t see us winning the league
I want us to but I’m realistic

It’s really not, would Teresa may have given up?

Nobody is giving up or has suggested that we will.

However, our intention to continue fighting is a completely different thing from the probability of us actually succeeding in overturning the lead.

He's hardly going to say it's over.

It's long gone, deluding yourself otherwise. Where are they dropping 9 (10 with the goal difference) points? Plus we need to win every single game.

Changes should've been made a long time ago when we were still in an okay position.

10/1 shots win sometimes

If we can win all games up to and including 2nd January it’s game on

Their squad is due some bad luck with injuries let’s hope they get it
Oh absolutely they do mate.

My post was in answer to someone saying that they disagreed that it wasnt probable.

As I said its 10/1 for a reason, not impossible but highly improbable.

I personally think everyone saying we need beale to at least match/beat yahoos points total until end of season might need a wee reality check, yes the players were not really playing for him towards the end of gios tenure but the real harsh truth is they have a better squad of players than we do just now, of course we should be aiming to win 1 or both cups and not fall any further behind them but this is a big ask from a group of players who have over the last 12+ months in the league shown that they are not capable (in the main) of bettering the yahoos in head to heads or other fixtures.

The next old firm is massive. If we convincingly beat them at Ibrox the narrative of this season completely changes, and I would expect us to win the league or get very close (down to last few games). There is really no margin for error now though, if we were to win the league, I would think we would have to go on a 15 game win streak at a minimum.

If the lead is cut to 6 or 7 points before we beat them on the 2nf then its right back on!

If we go into that game further behind than we are just now then its over.

Let them think that. Just concentrate on winning , win the Old Firm game then watch them panic. Difficult but definitely doable.

I'm not pinning my hopes on celtic having a disaster. It just sets you up for disappointment.

Finish the season strong. Get the cohesion back as a team and turn those draws we've been having into wins and focus on the summer.

Difficult, but doable. Fat ange hasn’t had to deal with any real pressure domestically yet, let’s see how he handles it.

The title can be won but that is down to all of collectively: the players, back room staff, management, board and fans to make that happen.

We all have a part to play on that.

If we all do our bits then we can win this title.

Players - doing the job on the pitch

Back room staff - making sure the players and management have everything to do their jobs

Management - getting the players properly trained mentally and physically to have belief, hunger, fire in their bellies and the passion so that when we go out and play - we will win.

Board - give the manager the support he needs to give the squad some real quality

All of us - do what we do best, support our team home and away.

If we can all collectively do that then we will win the league.

Simple as that!

It's gone unless we have a exceptional transfer window in January

The title can be won but that is down to all of collectively: the players, back room staff, management, board and fans to make that happen.

We all have a part to play on that.

If we all do our bits then we can win this title.

Players - doing the job on the pitch

Back room staff - making sure the players and management have everything to do their jobs

Management - getting the players properly trained mentally and physically to have belief, hunger, fire in their bellies and the passion so that when we go out and play - we will win.

Board - give the manager the support he needs to give the squad some real quality

All of us - do what we do best, support our team home and away.

If we can all collectively do that then we will win the league.

Simple as that!
If the league started tomorrow, then yes.

We have given those bastards too much of a head start.

Last edited:
If the league started tomorrow, then yes.

We have give those bastards too much of a head start.
Behave - there is 23 games to go (69 points available) and we are only 9 points behind and have a new manager onboard!

If we still had Gio in charge then I would agree with you.

Theoretically it is still in our hands but I just don't see it. Honestly think we'll drop more points to the other teams than they will until the end of the season.

Unless we do what we should have done in the summer and go out and buy in some match changing quality - and this time let the manager pick who he wants.

Behave - there is 23 games to go (69 points available) and we are only 9 points behind and have a new manager onboard!

I admire your optimism mate. History tells us the gap is too big, regardless of who is in charge.

Let’s not pretend this squad is capable of winning this league. Perhaps January can remedy that but the truth is we have lots of very ordinary players at our disposal and not enough game changers.

New manager, same perennial failures on the park. The time to judge Beale will be once he’s managed to offload a number of these chancers and get some new players in.

It's 9 points and we have to play them 3 times. It's difficult and we are at a massive disadvantage but it's possible. They start slow, drop points early doors then pressure mounts.

I'm not expecting the title this season but I'm not giving up on it either.
This, for me, is the correct approach.
None of this “sadly, the league is over” crap.
It’s not likely but we need to apply as much pressure as possible.
We simply do not know how that club will react to a bit of pressure.

Nor should he.

All hypotheticals, clearly.

A win and two draws against them is more than achievable .

Then we have 20 other games to play.

Bettering their record by a couple of points every 8 or 9 games takes us to the final day.

I’m almost certain we won’t win. But there is absolutely no reason we can’t end up making them sweat into the last few games.
Correct and, as I just posted, we don’t know what their reaction will be.

He's hardly going to say it's over.

It's long gone, deluding yourself otherwise. Where are they dropping 9 (10 with the goal difference) points? Plus we need to win every single game.

Changes should've been made a long time ago when we were still in an okay position.
That’s the one.
Deluded.
Of course we are.

Any incoming manager is going to say that it's par for the course. I think the main thing is us supporters be patient, he's going to need at least a couple of windows to put his own stamp on the team. As downbeat as that sounds it is what it is, it's a big gap and we're not going to win all our games. We really need a timplosion on a massive scale, that's the way I see it.

This, for me, is the correct approach.
None of this “sadly, the league is over” crap.
It’s not likely but we need to apply as much pressure as possible.
We simply do not know how that club will react to a bit of pressure.

All we can do is apply pressure. They might handle it and have enough of a points cushion that renders the effort futile but we can't just chuck it at this stage.

Beale still has to work with the same duds who have let's us down,time and time again.

Back