Malones Glasgow

You're spot on mate but unfortunately we live in a wee country and city that condones the IRA and rebel infested pubs and clubs within the city.

Shameful but unsurprising!!
100 percent agree m8. I was unfortunate to be in town with my wife recently and while waiting on a taxi, I had to put up with a vile mob of tarriors singing about the death of Walter, Jimmy Bell, ricksen and the Queen, as well as their usual F the tories! The snp are at the forefront of what has happened to this country, its disgusting, and its becoming harder to live here each day!

At least they are in their own hovels together all goof for us, I just don't get you being dragged there. No it's not for me I'll head elsewhere was all you had to say no matter who you were with.

Id be choosing my acquaintances more carefully in future if this is where they frequent.

Malones is well known for its IRAokes and collection buckets and just horrible 19th Century Terroristy ways.

Lesson learned I would say, and avoid anything that sounds remotely Irish if you want to avoid your ears being burned by the Anti-British hatred you’ll find rampantly being enjoyed.

Unless you’ve lived through the troubles where people have had family and friends murdered and blown to bits by these rats who are glorified in song.
We have never accept the deeds of Adolf Hitler and we should never accept the deeds of republicans.
I agree, we're all products of our experiences and had I lived through what you describe I would no doubt think differently.

Keep reporting it until they do something about it also report it to gcc licence committee
The police are very reluctant to take reports however it is up to them to report disorderly behaviour in licensed premises to the licensing board.

Not sure how the OP was unable to make a report online as I’ve never been through the process but failure to accept a report could be construed as neglect of duty if the report was made in person to a police officer.

The licensing Scotland Act-:

2A)The [F4chief constable] may, under subsection (1)(b), make representations concerning a premises licence application by giving to the Licensing Board a report detailing—

(a)any cases of antisocial behaviour indentified by constables as having taken place on, or in the vicinity of, the premises,

(b)any complaints or other representations made to constables concerning antisocial behaviour on, or in the vicinity of, the premises.]

If the police fail to take reports of disorderly conduct in premises then clearly they are unable to make the required report. One off reports are unlikely to lead to any intervention by the police but repeated reports of misbehavior are more difficult to dismiss.

Maybe just....
A. Stop going against your better judgement (clues in the name)
B. Not be a grass
C. Expect any different from Police Scotland hence no requirement for B.

It's a shite hole, let the dregs be dregs mate an drink in a proper pub.

Maybe just....
A. Stop going against your better judgement (clues in the name)
B. Not be a grass
C. Expect any different from Police Scotland hence no requirement for B.

It's a shite hole, let the dregs be dregs mate an drink in a proper pub.
Any chance that you get to stick a mentally challenged in should be taken, therefore B doesn't apply.

I've made a fool of myself here I'll admit. I've lived in England too long where the Irish diaspora are largely non bigoted here and forgotten how scummy their Glasgow brethren are
Don’t be hard on yourself mate, In England the Irish bars are as Irish as Walkabout bars are Australian. They’re just sports bars down there.
Glasgow Irish bars are tramp infested, terrorist supporting shitholes

If it keeps them out of normal pubs all the better.
Let them live in their sordid little world.
The fact that so many on here find it acceptable or somehow beneficial that this vermin are permitted to hold Pro IRA evenings in Glasgow City Centre is beyond belief.

Many normal folk or visitors to Glasgow are often in these bars around this time of year, sometimes for Xmas party nights unsuspecting that there will be open glorification of Republican terrorism. There was open objections to one of these places only a few months ago.

Predictably the bar in question played the old Irish racism card.

Against my better judgement I was dragged to this slop house for an aquaitance's birthday,
IRA tunes shamelessly played.
Police Scotland refusing to accept the complaint online, worth phoning in? Has anyone else heard similar from this slophouse?
Don’t keep bad company is the answer here.

Mate wtf. Why would you go there? Not trying to be funny this is as much as a mentally challenged slophouse as you get.

Is it?

I thought it was an Irish Theme Pub like you get in cities all over the world where nothing gets much beyond Guinness and shamrocks.

You’re all acting like he’s walked into The Tall Cranes or Brazen Head.

Is it?

I thought it was an Irish Theme Pub like you get in cities all over the world where nothing gets much beyond Guinness and shamrocks.

You’re all acting like he’s walked into The Tall Cranes or Brazen Head.
I think the only 'Irish' bars in town that are of the plastic/harmless variety that you describe, are the O'Neills ones.

The rest, including the one that's the subject of this thread, wouldn't look out of place in the Gallowgate.

I think the only 'Irish' bars in town that are of the plastic/harmless variety that you describe, are the O'Neills ones.

The rest, including the one that's the subject of this thread, wouldn't look I think the only 'Irish' bars in town that are of the plastic/harmless variety that you describe, are the O'Neills ones.
The rest, including the one that's the subject of this thread, wouldn't look out of place in the Gallowgate.

I don’t go to Irish Bars in Glasgow cause they tend to be Celtic leaning but didn’t realise the ones in the City Centre were full on Republican.

Pivo Pivo on Waterloo St was another cool wee bar that got taken over and changed into an Irish Bar. Think it’s called Kitty O’Sheas

Plays them every week. Personally I don't get the relevance of playing much of them these days in what is a 100% Rangers theme pub. Especially when there are so many good Rangers songs they don't have on the playlist.
As I said I haven’t heard them usually to busy talking shite to bother with what’s going on around me.

McConnells?

Molly Malones is up the top end. I assume the pub in the OP is the one up Sauchieland Lane (and backs onto the back of the Howlin' Wolf. It actually looks like it has a cracking set up in the summer, but I've never been in, but have seen them promote various nights on social media etc.

I ended up having one drink in Droughty's on Queen St last week trying to find somewhere showing the Argentina game. I was aware it was prob a "them" pub, but it didn't seem too bad - they did have rugby on one TV and the womans game v Scum on another. I mean we have tried Waxy's earlier (I've never found them to have a Celtic element, but GAA games are on before). Didn't stay long in Droughty's though

I once walked in to the Brazen Head on the way back from Hampden wearing a Gers top. It was raining, so took cover. Thankfully had coat zipped up fully and when I realised where I was GTF out of there pronto.

There’s so many of the hovels now, pandering to rats with 0 affiliation to Ireland most of the time. Here’s an idea, if they love the themes and the songs so much, why don’t they just catch a boat over and stay there? It’s not a difficult journey.
But if you sing a song suggesting that it is raised in ‘parliament’.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back