Mbappe

Cowan_rfc

With talk on the board about the best players ever he has all the ability in the world.

He still has age on his side, will be 24 in a few weeks.

Will staying at Paris take him away from the real "greatest" conversation??

He’s 24 and he’ll end up at Madrid eventually. Probably in the next couple of years.

Personally don’t think he’s got the all round game to be the greatest ever (if he could pass and control a game like LM then maybe), but I’m sure he’ll be the undisputed GOAT for old boys that think it’s all about the World Cup, because he’s going to win a couple of them and take the scoring record. One thing I will, he is a player who’s level will drop drastically when his pace goes.

He’s 24 and he’ll end up at Madrid eventually. Probably in the next couple of years.

Personally don’t think he’s got the all round game to be the greatest ever (if he could pass and control a game like LM then maybe), but I’m sure he’ll be the undisputed GOAT for old boys that think it’s all about the World Cup, because he’s going to win a couple of them and take the scoring record. One thing I will, he is a player who’s level will drop drastically when his pace goes.
Has a great scoring record in the CL as well. And i disagree with the all round game I think hes got it all.

He’s no doubt the best player in the world and will likely be the best of the generation. Annoys me how much of a dick he is though.

He's bloody immense. Would like to see him test himself at Madrid in the future. Barca and Real Madrid are the acid test for World class players imo. At 24 he hasn't peaked yet either.

A bit before my time but did Pele control games? As far as I remember he was just a brilliant footballer who could stick the ball in the net much like Maradonna.

Can anyone remember a quicker player at the top level?

Feck me he’s an absolute flying machine. He can give defenders a 10 yard head start and still blitz them over 30-40 yards.

Hard to Believe that Brazilian Ronaldo was probably still faster than him haha.

For me he should be playing more centrally also.

With talk on the board about the best players ever he has all the ability in the world.

He might play in 6 world cups if he can stay fit.

2018 he was 19, 2022 he’s 23, 2026, 27, 2030, 31, 2034, 35, 2038, 39.

Still playing for France at 39 would be tough, but this lad has incredible ability and never seems to be injured so might manage it.

He is of a different class to any other player in the current game, including Messi who, imo, is well past his best.
And yet he’s behind messi in goal contributions in the league playing for the same team with Messi having played one less game

Only 1 player has, so far, won 3 world cups. In a couple of weeks Mbappe may have 2 at only 23.

Flying under the radar because of Messi and Ronaldo.

He isn’t someone I get blown away by when I watch him play, doesn’t do things that mesmerise you but he’s unbelievably quick and direct

He isn’t someone I get blown away by when I watch him play, doesn’t do things that mesmerise you but he’s unbelievably quick and direct
I think that’s modern football in general. The midget gems are becoming fewer and fewer, it’s more and more about pace, power and physicality.

As a poster said previously, once he falls of the cliff as far pace goes it’ll be interesting to see how he revolutionises himself. Similar to Michael Owen. The factor of injuries will also play a huge part, more so with speed merchants

Screenshot-2022-12-04-17-36-21-625-edit-com-instagram-android.jpg

Has to leave PSG and sooner the better. Depending on what happens in Qatar could equal or even surpass Pele's WC haul.

Will sign for Madrid, when he does sky's the limit.

Wish i had done that 33/1 bet looking good France is such a stong physical side, lad is some player one touch and bang.... right up there with Kane for me.

Had I the choice between them to sign for us, it wouldn't be Messi that I'd pick!
That’s just stupid then, someone like messi playing for us would be far better at unlocking 10 man defences. How useful is Mbappe pace really gonna be? Neither is ever gonna happen so it’s a pointless argument

Had I the choice between them to sign for us, it wouldn't be Messi that I'd pick!
You don’t think Messi’s trickery, dibbling and passing would be more useful? I’m not sure Mbappe’s pace would be as useful when teams are sitting with 10 men behind the ball.

He is of a different class to any other player in the current game, including Messi who, imo, is well past his best.

Messi is 36 and still putting up incredible numbers this season

of course he is past his peak

As a poster said previously, once he falls of the cliff as far pace goes it’ll be interesting to see how he revolutionises himself. Similar to Michael Owen. The factor of injuries will also play a huge part, more so with speed merchants

I reckon he will become a number 9 when his pace goes. His finishing is very good.

Back