Malones Glasgow

Another observation on this and on the back of another thread suggesting Scotland had a bigger issue with sectarianism than NI (wrongly in my opinion).

Why does it seem to be the case that in Glasgow city centre we are moving closer to an us and them situation where certain tribes go to certain pubs based on what tribe they are. An alleged all inclusive forward thinking country that is being divided on the grounds of religion / politics.

I thought that sectarianism and bigotry was the curse of a modern day Scotland but it seems that certain sectarianism can actually be encouraged, embraced and is flourishing in the pubs of central Glasgow.

Whoever coined the word selectarianism all those years ago hit the nail on the head.

Against my better judgement I was dragged to this slop house for an aquaitance's birthday,
IRA tunes shamelessly played.
Police Scotland refusing to accept the complaint online, worth phoning in? Has anyone else heard similar from this slophouse?
What were the songs?

Waxy O'Connors is the only Irish place in the city centre that doesnt seem like an out and out Celtic pub.

I was also out at the Old toll bar on PRW the other week and a big group of them on a subcrawl came in singing their shite about the IRA and the Walter Smith, Jimmy Bell Cooper song.
Funny how they chose the only pub on that street that they would get away with singing those songs.

Waxy O'Connors is the only Irish place in the city centre that doesnt seem like an out and out Celtic pub.

I was also out at the Old toll bar on PRW the other week and a big group of them on a subcrawl came in singing their shite about the IRA and the Walter Smith, Jimmy Bell Cooper song.
Funny how they chose the only pub on that street that they would get away with singing those songs.

and how did The Old Toll handle this. They have made a point about being a no football pub - and that nothing is tolerated, and that's all good and dandy when they say you can't have Rangers colours on show - but did they actually do anything about this?

and how did The Old Toll handle this. They have made a point about being a no football pub - and that nothing is tolerated, and that's all good and dandy when they say you can't have Rangers colours on show - but did they actually do anything about this?

Nah they didnt do anything but to be fair to them there was only like 2 girls on behind the bar.
They didnt stay long but pretty much everyone seemed a bit pissed off as they were singing over the music and its not a football pub at all.
Just wished they tried it on another pub on PRW and found out the hard way not to sing songs like that.

Record it on phone set up against bigotry twitter etc tag the world in it and make it uncomfortable for those in power to not deal with it

It's really only way to stop it is to do what they do and make sure these places get shut down or at least clean up at.
If recorded, make a complaint to GCC licensing and send in the recording.

Against my better judgement I was dragged to this slop house for an aquaitance's birthday,
IRA tunes shamelessly played.
Police Scotland refusing to accept the complaint online, worth phoning in? Has anyone else heard similar from this slophouse?
We need bar like this as they flock to them leaving normal folk to enjoy a night out without having to look over yer shoulder

I was. A bigot for objecting apparently. Friendships lost but not worth keeping it turns out
Was in a similar situation many years ago. Was some Irish pub in town. This young guy in work was speaking to one of my other workmates about how good it was. Beers arrived and I had one good look around and thought no this not right. This tosser branded me a bigot. Going forward it was good he knew what my principles were.

A bar ??
They have about a dozen of these like minded Provofest bars in the city centre.
Even better as it keeps them away from normal pubs, when they’re all in a bar together they end up hurting each other as they don’t know how to conduct themselves.

If you go into one of them knowing what you’re about to walk into I think this leaves you absolutely no grounds to complain to anyone about naughty songs

I don’t go to Irish Bars in Glasgow cause they tend to be Celtic leaning but didn’t realise the ones in the City Centre were full on Republican.

Pivo Pivo on Waterloo St was another cool wee bar that got taken over and changed into an Irish Bar. Think it’s called Kitty O’Sheas
Our office Christmas night out is in there next week. F*ck that for a game of soldiers.

I’m surprised the OP never seen any of our SNP politicians in that slop house including wee Nicola doing her Karaoke act with her lesbo pals.

Is it?

I thought it was an Irish Theme Pub like you get in cities all over the world where nothing gets much beyond Guinness and shamrocks.

You’re all acting like he’s walked into The Tall Cranes or Brazen Head.
It's one of the worst about. They have singers on at weekends singing their pish. And not just the diddly dee stuff.

Is it?

I thought it was an Irish Theme Pub like you get in cities all over the world where nothing gets much beyond Guinness and shamrocks.

You’re all acting like he’s walked into The Tall Cranes or Brazen Head.

That's the problem with Glasgow especially, these "theme" pubs get turned into something sinister because they attract the "O'Irish" mob.

Got dragged there myself once. Never again.

Thankfully was a midweek night and the only other people in were blissfully ignorant Chinese students.

It'll be Japanese students in now having learned all the words.

No fuukin way in the world would I or any auld bear set foot in a republican hovel, especially with the music that's playin.

The so called bear obviously loved the ambiance.

Sniggering and chortling from all
Scotland one country many cultures
NB does not apply to Unionism/Loyalism
Got it in one, especially the dark side who are laughing at us every step of the way, whilst claiming they’re being discriminated against and oppressed.

If Police Scotland started dealing with complaints about bars in Glasgow playing IRA tunes then they would need to quadruple the amount of officers they have. Best writing this off to poor judgement on your acquaintance's part either that or think about making him an ex acquaintance.

When they were closing down the Clachan and Glassy for loyalist days out they didn't bother with the republican slop houses though...

I did an urban safari into the Dunty in Duntocher one Sunday afternoon for 'reasons'.

Was just sitting, sinking freezing cold pints of Heineken and then from nowhere these two guys on guitar/keyboards started blowing the roof off the place with the IRA tunes.
Whole pub was joining in and thumping their big clumsy mits off the table.

I made my feelings clear and left.

Imagine that's what you did every Sunday? Fkn cabbages.

I did an urban safari into the Dunty in Duntocher one Sunday afternoon for 'reasons'.

Was just sitting, sinking freezing cold pints of Heineken and then from nowhere these two guys on guitar/keyboards started blowing the roof off the place with the IRA tunes.

You are a brave man and lucky as you could have taken a stray bullet from one of their imaginary guns.

Even better as it keeps them away from normal pubs, when they’re all in a bar together they end up hurting each other as they don’t know how to conduct themselves.

If you go into one of them knowing what you’re about to walk into I think this leaves you absolutely no grounds to complain to anyone about naughty songs
Naughty songs ?.
Dumbing down right enough….

Obscene songs !!

It's just one of many pubs in Glasgow who play such tunes unfortunately. City centre is riddled with filth.

Just a love in with them. Jolly folk. Harmless, and want to be Irish.

I theory, tramps, alkies, junkies, and Applepine loving kiddy fiddling bastards.

They are all in denial as far as im concerned, as one of them will fall into the category as above.

In the city centre for first time in ages at the weekend and noticed another bar to add to the list Gallagher's in Howard Street.
Glasgow is now infested with them.

How can the police take action against the woman's football team when republican murderers are allowed to be celebrated in so many pubs in the heart of the city. Heard from a mate recently that Liverpool city centre is going the same way.

In the city centre for first time in ages at the weekend and noticed another bar to add to the list Gallagher's in Howard Street.

How can the police take action against the woman's football team when republican murderers are allowed to be celebrated in so many pubs in the heart of the city. Heard from a mate recently that Liverpool city centre is going the same way.
The police are actually taking action against the Irish women’s team ?

Heard from a mate recently that Liverpool city centre is going the same way.
The Yahoos are getting bolder and bolder everyday now. Won’t be too long into the future when every other pub in the city centre has tricolours hanging from them.

You went to a 19th Century Terrorist boozer in Glasgow mate.
Don't go to a 19th Century Terrorist boozer anywhere ever again!!

I once had a few beers in Bairds Bar after we won a game v the Beggars but that was to win £50...hated the gaff and despised the pond life scum drinking in there but I wouldn't phone the police on them co I knew what to expect. (The pints were bought for me, I didn't spend a penny)

Since our snp government is now officialy in cahoots with sinn fein/ira things can only get worse. Quite depressing.

I'm unfortunate as I live in duntocher and the place is full of the scum.

Is Oneils in Merchant City on the safe list?
Had the misfortune of having to walk through the Merchant City on the way to a gig after the last OF game, O'Neil's was packed and the Walter Smith song was being belted out, indeed the whole area was infested and the police just stood watching it all.

Back