World Cup 2022 Japan v Croatia, Brazil v South Korea - Monday 5th

Full Croatia team look like they run a marathon as a warm-up. Body language isn't good from them either - shoulders are slumped which is something we see from Borna all the time.

They look like a lethargic team who can't muster the effort - but maybe that goal will simply see them go for it in the 2nd half.

it’s all very familiar, really

There has been a noticeable difference in energy, fitness, and desire from countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Japan when compared to the European countries. Croatia look slow here. Is the heat having a major impact on teams?

Is there not three or four of them? They just signed another one, a centre half.
Maeda is the only one who made the squad mate. Unless you were taking about people from Japan in which case ive misunderstood! It was the 'in their ranks' thing that made me think you meant the WC squad.

You are probably one of the anti Borna brigade on hear, it was Perisic that was marking him.
I am not by any means wish him nothing but success but if you watch the full sequence Borna starts off marking him he allows him to drift away. Perisic then fails to pick him up.

You can see it here. Borna marking him as he drifts out allows him to spin off him and doesn’t track.

Last edited:
If Borna appears for the second half, they must let him push up on the overlap.
I only caught the first 35 minutes, but it looked like Juranavic had licence to bomb forward but Barisic was to stay more disciplined.

That may not have actually been the actual instructions for Borna to be fair and he may just have been overly cautious, as we know he can be.

I wonder if there will be a point when Japan are blowing out of their arses like the scum team does

no way they can keep this up for 90 minutes with the same team

Croatia have been poor most of this tournament. Borna is clearly a weak link they are trying to target as they know he is extremely poor defensively and has very little pace. Like the majority of the Croatia team lack pace.

The lack of yellow cards and crunching tackles this whole WC is a joke.

Bookies must be fùcking loving it.

The refs have been rubbish in general.

With the advent if VAR they seem to have lowered the standard of ref on the pitch to get more from countries with low quality leagues.

Their thinking must be that they don't need good refs because VAR is there anyway, but the refs have been getting a lot of the non-VAR calls wrong.

Back