Manager on transfer targets for January

So if Everton don't buckle and stump up a figure that we've pulled seemingly out of thin air, we should take Kent who, despite his form, is capable of changing games, tale him out of team that struggling, away from Michael Beale who is the guy who made him the player we know he is and put him in the 23s, whilst presumably not using him in squads for the rest of his contract, whilst paying him tens of thousands of pounds?

Whit?
Exactly he can go and anyone else that’s not committed can go with him.

Do you really think he’s going to try his best if he’s signed a pre contract elsewhere.

He’s never hid but been diabolical for most of the last 18 months we are just hoping he decides to give us a few good games out the bottom of his heart.

That’s why our teams become a soft centred shit show.

Ok so who else is available on a Bosman? We need more than one BTW
It doesn't need to be a Bosman either. It could be a low signing for somewhere else on the pitch.There will be money to spend, maybe not a lot but there will be.

Signing RP tells us that Souttar won't be back anytime soon,

So if Everton don't buckle and stump up a figure that we've pulled seemingly out of thin air, we should take Kent who, despite his form, is capable of changing games, tale him out of team that struggling, away from Michael Beale who is the guy who made him the player we know he is and put him in the 23s, whilst presumably not using him in squads for the rest of his contract, whilst paying him tens of thousands of pounds?

Whit?

I agree we need to get firm with these guys

We need new players

It doesn't need to be a Bosman either. It could be a low signing for somewhere else on the pitch.There will be money to spend, maybe not a lot but there will be.

Or that helander is away for free in the summer and wont play for us again.

I think there is also fitness/reliability issues with Davies talk is he can't play 2 games a week so that's another player that's needs managed and we have never had a proper update on Souttar to my recollection ?

I think there is also fitness/reliability issues with Davies talk is he can't play 2 games a week so that's another player that's needs managed and we have never had a proper update on Souttar to my recollection ?
There are all sorts of rumors about Souttar, when hell be back or when he might not ever be back.
Surely Davies, after a full pre-season could play 2 games a week next season.

There are all sorts of rumors about Souttar, when hell be back or when he might not ever be back.
Surely Davies, after a full pre-season could play 2 games a week next season.
You would think he would be up to speed and fully fit now ? He's had enough time especially with this break.

I'll be intrigued to see how Beale manages him if he is another player that needs managed then you have once again question Ross Wilson for sanctioning a £4 million deal.

Souttar is just going to be another Helander by the looks of things.

You would think he would be up to speed and fully fit now ? He's had enough time especially with this break.

I'll be intrigued to see how Beale manages him if he is another player that needs managed then you have once again question Ross Wilson for sanctioning a £4 million deal.

Souttar is just going to be another Helander by the looks of things.
Yes, this all day long,
Letting Leon go, and signing Soutter, Davies supposedly never had a good pre-season at Liverpool due to issues, I've no idea what they were.

He talks a good game I’ll give him that.
It’s just really frustrating reading that last paragraph knowing we made a lot of money last year and it sounds like it’s practically all gone and we have nothing to show for it.

Blatantly obvious that Helander, Souttar and Davies cannot be relied upon. Utterly pathetic situation in all honesty.

Staggering amounts of money are being used up on players like the above plus the biggest wage thief of the lot in Kemar Roofe. Woeful.

Blatantly obvious that Helander, Souttar and Davies cannot be relied upon. Utterly pathetic situation in all honesty.

Staggering amounts of money are being used up on players like the above plus the biggest wage thief of the lot in Kemar Roofe. Woeful.
Aye, I'm sure he loves being injured

You need someone left footed to play they modern inverted right winger role.

People are mostly right footed because of genetics meaning decent left footed wingers are like gold dust, so many clubs keep trying the cheap option of trying to convert a right footed left winger to play right wing but it rarely seems to work.

Sakala, Wright and Matondo are all primarily right footed so not suitable for the right wing role.

The last left footed right winger we had was Diallo. Probably the reason Man Utd payed so much for him was he was left footed and looked promising.
Personally I think we should be scouting Raumdeuter wonderkids in the Swedish 2nd Division for the AM R position.

If not we could always re-sign Haris Vuckic. He fits your bill.

And George Edmundson.
Yeah, I totally forgot about him. I was pretty sure he'd end up first name on the team sheet after a year or 2 because he was still a young boy, even though he never looked it. He was a better passer of the ball than most midfielders in the spl

Last edited:
I'd say he was.

Continually switches off and loses his man (he's sold a few goals against us), plus his discipline is a liability, particularly for a central defender.
Put it this way pal, I hope he plays against us a week on Saturday, and I always hope he plays against us because he's a total reliability and just dives into tackles, recklessly. If his discipline is that bad for hibs, could you imagine the amount of times he'd leave us trying to scrape a draw with 10 men. I sincerely hope its just lazy journalists looking for a story.

I don’t think he means Morelos as he says “the boy we recruited” they didn’t recruit Alfie so it’s not him.
I think you are correct with the other 2.
He's been talking about "we win Scottish cup and we got to Europa League final."

We, in a lot of what he says is Rangers, not necessarily him at Rangers.

C'mon man, don't start this wage thief nonsense again.
It's the guy's livelihood and I can guarantee you that he's a hell of a lot more frustrated with the injuries than we are.
Some players are just more prone to injuries, and you could argue that we've gambled on too many of those types, in the current squad, but I don't think we've had a wage thief since Pena?

Another shocking decision to spend over 4 million pounds on a guy who’s hardly played football im 2 years with fitness issues.

It’s ok Wilson went in to the Souttar signing wilth his eyes wide open 10-15 k a week on a guy to keep the treatment room open hes not even that good to begin with.

£4m is a piss amount for an established defender. Scott McKenna even went for £6m.
People go on about the sums we spend like we are sitting at the top table buying the cream of the crop. Expecting first squad ready quality because he cost 2.5 mill, or something else ridiculous. It might be a lot of money for us if we have a budget of 10 million, but no one else really cares about that except us, the rest of the footballing world seems to have moved on.

4 million is bargain bucket stuff in today's terms. Even spending 6 mill on someone like Ridvan, it is buying you a better quality project player.

Our success / hit rate reflects this. It is actually not that bad when you consider the monies spent. We perform well for the most part. The CL was a disaster but i didn't honestly expect any different,

Even doubling our spend, 4 million being a cheep option, spending up to around the10 mill mark per player would obviously see a massive upswing in talent and successes.

But we are no where near that kind of spend right now, it is miles away.

We didn't just sign this guy, we fought for his signature.

You would burst out laughing if you read about another team that had went and done that.

The last thing we needed was an injury prone CH to add to our CH pool. We already had Helander and Balogun, both needed managed (being kind to Helander due to the freak nature of his injury).

But we fought for another one's signature!

It's the guy's livelihood and I can guarantee you that he's a hell of a lot more frustrated with the injuries than we are.
Some players are just more prone to injuries, and you could argue that we've gambled on too many of those types, in the current squad, but I don't think we've had a wage thief since Pena?
He still gets paid when he is out.

For me, and it is only my opinion, he let us down badly during our EL run.

After that he could have went at any time. It was quite obvious we couldn't trust him to even deliver the minimum, he certainly was never going to go above or beyond for us.

I think we would have cut our losses on him, he just has not managed to be fit during any window since. Hard to sell a crock.

Any monies we do have now, it must be spent on players who are consistently fit. I can understand that most transfers are a gamble, especially in our price range, but we can no longer gamble on a players fitness. If they have had a career full of injuries, we quite clearly do not have the medical staff on our books who are capable of turning that kind of history around.

All this 'but if he was fit he would be the best in the league' chat is nonsense. This is one type of signing we must stop making.

He still gets paid when he is out.

For me, and it is only my opinion, he let us down badly during our EL run.

After that he could have went at any time. It was quite obvious we couldn't trust him to even deliver the minimum, he certainly was never going to go above or beyond for us.

I think we would have cut our losses on him, he just has not managed to be fit during any window since. Hard to sell a crock.

Any monies we do have now, it must be spent on players who are consistently fit. I can understand that most transfers are a gamble, especially in our price range, but we can no longer gamble on a players fitness. If they have had a career full of injuries, we quite clearly do not have the medical staff on our books who are capable of turning that kind of history around.

All this 'but if he was fit he would be the best in the league' chat is nonsense. This is one type of signing we must stop making.

Roofe appears to suffer from repeated muscle strains and tears.
You simply cannot go above and beyond if you have any kind of muscle tear, it will only cause further damage, so it's not an option.
I agree re signings, we should not be gambling on injury prone players, but in several cases, eg Hagi, Helander, Lawrence, Ridvan, Jack etc, we've just been unlucky.

Roofe appears to suffer from repeated muscle strains and tears.
You simply cannot go above and beyond if you have any kind of muscle tear, it will only cause further damage, so it's not an option.
I agree re signings, we should not be gambling on injury prone players, but in several cases, eg Hagi, Helander, Lawrence, Ridvan, Jack etc, we've just been unlucky.
Nope not buying that FF says they were all injury prone before we signed them so that’s the TRUTH. We have definately been unlucky with injuries you can’t escape that.

We didn't just sign this guy, we fought for his signature.

You would burst out laughing if you read about another team that had went and done that.

The last thing we needed was an injury prone CH to add to our CH pool. We already had Helander and Balogun, both needed managed (being kind to Helander due to the freak nature of his injury).

But we fought for another one's signature!
And we let Katic go as well
Katics , Baloguns and Soutters wages combined could have brought us in a decent fit defender
Chronic work performance from Wilson

I really hope we aren’t even considering singing that Cnut Porteous
Playing Devils Advocate and why I think highly likely that RW will try and get him.
Pros
Fits the Scottish model that we need per RW.
Cheap
International
No injury history
We need a Centre Half
Physicality

Cons
Off field history
On field histrionics
Temperament to play for Rangers
Disciplinary Record

Playing Devils Advocate and why I think highly likely that RW will try and get him.
Pros
Cheap
International
No injury history
We need a Centre Half
Physicality

Cons
Off field history
On field histrionics
Disciplinary Record

Couple of knee injuries.

Pros
Cheap
International
No injury history
We need a Centre Half
Physicality

Cons
Off field history
On field histrionics
Disciplinary Record
I agree completely with your assessment.

However it’s got to be Beale’s decision. If he does he wants him then we have to back him.

We won’t beat them consistently until we upgrade every part of the business. From the chairman down we have plenty lacking talent. Then there’s the squad full of overpaid shitebags. Years of pain await us.
An absolutely dismal perspective.

Arfield isn’t classed as Scottish but surely?

He and Jack must be shown the door

He's not but he's classed as a nation trained player because he was at Falkirk when he was younger and meets the criteria of being there for 3 consecutive years between the age of 15 and 21. It's that type of player Wilson was referring to at the agm not just someone who is eligible like Mclaughlin for example.

When it comes to Scottish players for the quota could we not just promote our own youth players like McCann, King etc rather than have squad fillers. Develop our own that way by exposure to first team demands, saves money and benefits us in the long run if they turn out to be decent

We could but with the likes of King, Devine Lowry can go on the B list as we don't need to register them until they turn 21. McCann won't meet the criteria for club trained but could be listed as one of the 17 that you can add to the squad outwith club/nation trained players. We only have 2 players over the age of 21 that meet the criteria next season like McCrorie and Lewis Mayo someone like Fleck (not saying we should sign him) would help on that front. Basically the more club trained players over the age of 21 you have the less reliance on having to use the nation trained market.

I absolutely agree. We are not up against a particularly good celtic side nor are they particularly well managed. The fact we have fallen so far behind them so quickly is not purely down to GVB. It is down to the players themselves, RW and the board who have made so many bad decisions which have wasted so much of our money.

We still have a lot of individuals at the club who are passengers and who we need to be rid of in order to build something substantial and lasting. This includes Kent & Morelos, who may have the ability but have not shown it often enough in recent years to be worthy of being retained.

Absolute comfort blanket material. This is a Celtic side that have lost once domestically in what a full calendar year? We may fucking detest them but let's at least acknowledge reality.

We need to spend and rid the squad of the weak mentality they have as one half they can be brilliant and the second half sloppy as f.uck.

We need a few transfer windows it will all depend on how Beale does as manager as he has to hit the ground running with no slip-ups as supporters will get on his back.

We need to spend and rid the squad of the weak mentality they have as one half they can be brilliant and the second half sloppy as f.uck.

We need a few transfer windows it will all depend on how Beale does as manager as he has to hit the ground running with no slip-ups as supporters will get on his back.
I don’t necessarily agree with this viewpoint.

Much as I hate mentioning the tinkers, their new manager came in to a total shambles Lennon had left. The turnover of players was massive. But they still managed to win the title back in year 1.

Yes they spent a bit of money but it wasn’t tens of millions.

If Beale is going to work out for us we will see signs early doors. Yes the next two windows are huge but I want the league next season and we need to win a cup this season otherwise the Tinkers have another treble. It can be done.

Much as I hate mentioning the tinkers, their new manager came in to a total shambles Lennon had left. The turnover of players was massive. But they still managed to win the title back in year 1.

If Beale is going to work out for us we will see signs early doors. Yes the next two windows are huge but I want the league next season and we need to win a cup this season otherwise the Tinkers have another treble. It can be done.

Agreed, just about every successful old firm manager comes in and makes an immediate impact. Look at how Mcleish and Walter came in to what was a shambles at the time and instantly changed it.

Roofe played a big part in our title success two seasons ago. There has been a few references to Beale putting a certain degree of emphasis on him in recent comments, so maybe he'll feature more.

You can agree or disagree that's optional we do not have 40 million to spend as they did on their team.

What is it you disagree with, explain?

You can agree or disagree that's optional we do not have 40 million to spend as they did on their team.

What is it you disagree with, explain?
They didn’t spend net £40 million for a start. Nowhere near it.

They may be marginally ahead of us in finances but we are at this point as close to them in that regard as we have been in over a decade.

The defeatist nonsense I’m reading on here you’d think they were Man City.

There’s no excuse for not challenging them now for cups and the title, the 2012 stuck in a hedge in Brechin days are gone.

The Davies one (if true) really pisses me off. We played what? 60 odd games last season, and we then follow that up by blowing a huge chunk of money on a guy who will struggle to play half of those?

They didn’t spend net £40 million for a start. Nowhere near it.

They may be marginally ahead of us in finances but we are at this point as close to them in that regard as we have been in over a decade.

The defeatist nonsense I’m reading on here you’d think they were Man City.

There’s no excuse for not challenging them now for cups and the title, the 2012 stuck in a hedge in Brechin days are gone.

They have spent now 40 million on their team we do not have that, how do we bridge that gap in one January transfer window?

As I said what is it you disagree with I said we have to give Beale time and a few transfer windows as we do not have their money to spend.

Yeah that’d be great for squad morale

Seeing one of the most popular members of the team being chucked into the kids for having the audacity to reject a contract be available for every game and honour his deal to the end :D
I the team moral is wonderful for the last 18 months hasn’t it.

We are far too much of a soft touch that’s where we are where we are.

Sure they can sill play fortnight or whatever it is they do together.

Absolute comfort blanket material. This is a Celtic side that have lost once domestically in what a full calendar year? We may fucking detest them but let's at least acknowledge reality.
That doesn’t make them good. It just means the rest of the league is absolute dross. Which makes our form of the last 23 months even more lamentable.

Back