Manager on transfer targets for January

Roofe played a big part in our title success two seasons ago. There has been a few references to Beale putting a certain degree of emphasis on him in recent comments, so maybe he'll feature more.
Beale seems to be going all in on Kemar going by his press comments.
FWIW if he is fit he is outstanding, scores all sorts of goals and has an intelligence that I haven't seen from Colak or Morelos.
3 great options (if fit and firing)

I the team moral is wonderful for the last 18 months hasn’t it.

We are far too much of a soft touch that’s where we are where we are.

Sure they can sill play fortnight or whatever it is they do together.
Caveman talk mate.

You can’t just boot somebody to the kids because he’s rejected a new contract. He’s signed and honoured his deal whether you or I like it or not.
Champ manager stuff.

Caveman talk mate.

You can’t just boot somebody to the kids because he’s rejected a new contract. He’s signed and honoured his deal whether you or I like it or not.
Champ manager stuff.
He shouldn’t have been allowed to get to the last 6 months of his deal it’s as simple as that.

He’s been honking for best part of a year at least so why should we rely on him?

We have to clear the decks first before we consider signing new players. We are overloaded with the same type of player in midfield that needs to be addressed.

We brought in Matontdo but he is a left footer and was never going to displace Kent.

We brought in Sakala but he wasn’t a proper striker and the formation just doesn’t suit him.

I personally think 433 is a terrible formation for Scotland as most Scottish defences are a back 5 and only playing 1 striker is criminal.

We have to clear the decks first before we consider signing new players. We are overloaded with the same type of player in midfield that needs to be addressed.

We brought in Matontdo but he is a left footer and was never going to displace Kent.

We brought in Sakala but he wasn’t a proper striker and the formation just doesn’t suit him.

I personally think 433 is a terrible formation for Scotland as most Scottish defences are a back 5 and only playing 1 striker is criminal.
They do it don’t they though?

It’s just we don’t have players capable of playing the way we want to to be fully effective.

Our wide players don’t score. And our midfield aren’t quick enough to move the ball.

It’s just we don’t have players capable of playing the way we want to to be fully effective.

Our wide players don’t score. And our midfield aren’t quick enough to move the ball.

Then maybe we should change the way we play then? Every team in Scotland apart from Celtic don’t want to play football.

Knocking the ball about is totally pointless if aren’t effective in the 18 yrd box.

He shouldn’t have been allowed to get to the last 6 months of his deal it’s as simple as that.

He’s been honking for best part of a year at least so why should we rely on him?

Even with 12months left, it’s almost to late and the club have no bargaining power.

Similar to Bassey having two years remaining…. That’s when we should offer a new deal or decide to sell.* Players are unlikely to want to hang around at a club for another two years, whereas the players have more power and may choose to hang around for one more year if they get to the remaining 12months.

*having said that, somebody has got to want them.
Morelos and Kent are so good and their performances have been so frighteningly amazing in Europe that we’ve only had one offer for each of them in about 10 transfer windows. :rolleyes:
Will be disappointed to see them go on the basis that they’ve leave for nothing, or next to nothing. As a team, we’ll quickly forget them imo.

Beale seems to be going all in on Kemar going by his press comments.
FWIW if he is fit he is outstanding, scores all sorts of goals and has an intelligence that I haven't seen from Colak or Morelos.
3 great options (if fit and firing)
His ability on the ball is brilliant.

Maybe he's never wanted to leave until this point, or no other clubs have been interested in him?

Players are happier nowadays to run their contracts down so that they can maximise their signing on fee and wages for their new club.

We need pace in our team upfront and in the middle, you buy fast-attacking players if you want to play fast-attacking football.
Football is simple but we overcomplicate it by trying to fit players into systems they are not able to play.

Even with 12months left, it’s almost to late and the club have no bargaining power.

Similar to Bassey having two years remaining…. That’s when we should offer a new deal or decide to sell.* Players are unlikely to want to hang around at a club for another two years, whereas the players have more power and may choose to hang around for one more year if they get to the remaining 12months.

*having said that, somebody has got to want them.
Morelos and Kent are so good and their performances have been so frighteningly amazing in Europe that we’ve only had one offer for each of them in about 10 transfer windows. :rolleyes:
Will be disappointed to see them go on the basis that they’ve leave for nothing, or next to nothing. As a team, we’ll quickly forget them imo.
Totally agree If we knew what we were doing this is the model we would be working instead of having our pants pulled down.

Maybe he's never wanted to leave until this point, or no other clubs have been interested in him?

Players are happier nowadays to run their contracts down so that they can maximise their signing on fee and wages for their new club.
A player we paid 7 million for and who’s close to the top
Of our wage cap should never have been allowed to get into this situation.

I have no issue with playing one number 9 domestically. Another out-and-out striker on the pitch can mean that they get in each others way, make similar runs, it's even easier for defences to mark up and the final third becomes even more congested.

The problem for me is the lack of threat from elsewhere. We don't have enough runs from midfield into the box, our wide men don't attack the back post enough (Tav is often an exception), and the ball doesn't get knocked about even close to quick enough. Hopefully this changes under Beale.

They didn’t spend net £40 million for a start. Nowhere near it.

They may be marginally ahead of us in finances but we are at this point as close to them in that regard as we have been in over a decade.

The defeatist nonsense I’m reading on here you’d think they were Man City.

There’s no excuse for not challenging them now for cups and the title, the 2012 stuck in a hedge in Brechin days are gone.
What they spent bet is irrelevant. They have valuable players they could sell for big cash to finance it, at this moment, we don’t.

So to match their spending we would need to find £40million to give Beale in the next two windows and sadly that just isn’t happening.

We have to try and box far smarter, ie try to find a couple of bargain cross border players from England, Bosmans elsewhere and the odd decent cash signing.

And then hope we sign far better than we have in the last couple of windows!

It’s a huge task for us, but not impossible.

We've had 1 bid for him so what more can the club do to move him on? You can't sell players if you're not getting bids for them. You think Leicester fans for example want Tielemans punted to their u23 side because it seems he won't sign a new contract with them?

He's not been honking for a year either i mean in that time he was excellent for us in the Europa run or do we forget about that because of his contract situation? He's not played well this season there is no denying that but who has?

You keep saying this, but our only offer was 18 months ago and was nowhere near high enough.

If no clubs were willing to bid decent cash last year, how could we sell him?
We obviously didn’t make it known he was available don’t get sucked into Ross Wilson’s shit.

Yeah, you've said that already. What do you suggest the solution should've been?
I’ve said plenty times further up the thread we should have been actively looking to sell him a year ago if we knew his wage demands were going to be more than we could afford.

When he’s one of our top earners it didn’t really take a rocket scientist to work out that he’s probably going to be above what we can offer

Aye better to just make stuff up so we can be angry no one bid 20m for him.
Who’s looking for 20 million better to recoup or money.

Wilson’s comments were the biggest amount of deflection you can possibly get even Park had to put everyone straight as he was trying to take the heat off himself.

Who’s looking for 20 million better to recoup or money.

Wilson’s comments were the biggest amount of deflection you can possibly get even Park had to put everyone straight as he was trying to take the heat off himself.

Park’s comments where that the players want too much money.

How do you know though? You don’t, just like the rest of us.

Are you honestly ever happy? All you seem to do is moan and whine on here.

I see your user has only been active for a couple of months. What was your last username?

He’s full of shit if you’re happy with the way we are doing business more fool you.

I have a right to voice my opinions it’s a discussion forum if you don’t like my outlook on things then do us both a favour and put me on ignore and continue to bury your head in the sand .

I think we are at an unfortunate place in terms of the value of the squad. The buy low, sell high model is great. As long as you sell when players are at their peak value.
We now have moved on Bassey and Aribo. Our next 3 valuable assets are Kent, Morelos and Kamara.
Unfortunately for us all 3 are out of form and 2 are out of contract in the summer.
Once we are consistently winning trophies and playing (hopefully more successfully than this year) in The CL or at worst the knockouts of the EL our players value naturally goes up with that.
But we need to be wiser and either look to move players on or make sure they're tied down longer.

He’s full of shit if you’re happy with the way we are doing business more fool you.

I have a right to voice my opinions it’s a discussion forum if you don’t like my outlook on things then do us both a favour and put me on ignore and continue to bury your head in the sand .
I think I will, guys like you drain the life right out the forum.

Still haven’t said what your last username was. Probably banned after the last transfer thread for constant doom mongering.

If your up against a 5 you go with a 3 to get down the wings, see aberdeen, hearts, st mirren stjohnstone. We won the league undefeated with a 3, that other mob scud most teams weekly with a 3, its not the formation but how we use it and the players within it. 433 is one of the most adaptable formations you can use and why so many teams use it.

I think I will, guys like you drain the life right out the forum.

Still haven’t said what your last username was. Probably banned after the last transfer thread for constant doom mongering.
I’ve not been on Follow Follow since the old pro boards about 20 years ago so that’s your first question answered not that it’s really anything to do with you.

As for your second point I’ve dealt with many people like Ross Wilson in my business life and still do regularly.
Take credit for the good stuff but deny deflect and blame the bad stuff on everyone else the man should be out the door.

The fact he wouldn’t answer the question about the drop in the squad value because it wasn’t fair should be enough for anyone.

I want the same as you i would imagine a decent team on the park challenging for trophies and a properly run business but I am not going to sit here and pretend it’s all wonderful as it’s certainly not.

Terrible is being polite all our problems come back to a system as even the weakest opposition find so easy to defend against, it will be incredible if we change the manager and do exactly the same playing in front of them and hoping to score the perfectly worked goal from deep. Get it forward and get men in the box to attack it.

The good thing about Beale getting the job is that hes been here and knows the other clubs and their managers pretty well.

We go through the squad saying, aye get rid, no good enough, hes no interested, when the first thing should have done was find a system which gives us at least 2 strikers in the box.

3-4-1-2 or even 4-4-2 would make a huge difference imo.

Terrible is being polite all our problems come back to a system as even the weakest opposition find so easy to defend against, it will be incredible if we change the manager and do exactly the same playing in front of them and hoping to score the perfectly worked goal from deep. Get it forward and get men in the box to attack it.

The good thing about Beale getting the job is that hes been here and knows the other clubs and their managers pretty well.

We go through the squad saying, aye get rid, no good enough, hes no interested, when the first thing should have done was find a system which gives us at least 2 strikers in the box.

3-4-1-2 or even 4-4-2 would make a huge difference imo.
Totally agree bud

Agreed, just about every successful old firm manager comes in and makes an immediate impact. Look at how Mcleish and Walter came in to what was a shambles at the time and instantly changed it.
Starting with beating Hibs at home then going to win at Pittodrie.

People go on about the sums we spend like we are sitting at the top table buying the cream of the crop. Expecting first squad ready quality because he cost 2.5 mill, or something else ridiculous. It might be a lot of money for us if we have a budget of 10 million, but no one else really cares about that except us, the rest of the footballing world seems to have moved on.

4 million is bargain bucket stuff in today's terms. Even spending 6 mill on someone like Ridvan, it is buying you a better quality project player.

Our success / hit rate reflects this. It is actually not that bad when you consider the monies spent. We perform well for the most part. The CL was a disaster but i didn't honestly expect any different,

Even doubling our spend, 4 million being a cheep option, spending up to around the10 mill mark per player would obviously see a massive upswing in talent and successes.

But we are no where near that kind of spend right now, it is miles away.
Totally mate.

Agreed, just about every successful old firm manager comes in and makes an immediate impact. Look at how Mcleish and Walter came in to what was a shambles at the time and instantly changed it.
We came third behind Hearts the season Walter came back but I get your point though.

Blatantly obvious that Helander, Souttar and Davies cannot be relied upon. Utterly pathetic situation in all honesty.

Staggering amounts of money are being used up on players like the above plus the biggest wage thief of the lot in Kemar Roofe. Woeful.

Just total fucking nonsense really.

He might be injured a lot but the guy has contributed, massively, to a league title and a European run.

I’d still move him on in the summer but to call him a “wage thief” is pathetic.

Roofe appears to suffer from repeated muscle strains and tears.
You simply cannot go above and beyond if you have any kind of muscle tear, it will only cause further damage, so it's not an option.
I agree re signings, we should not be gambling on injury prone players, but in several cases, eg Hagi, Helander, Lawrence, Ridvan, Jack etc, we've just been unlucky.
Players take injections all the time to manage pain, get themselves on the park to contribute. Or just possess plain old fashioned grit and play through the injury and pain.

I believe Roofe's problems lie between his ears. Still debilitating of course, but infuriating when you are a supporter wanting a return on the investment made by the club.

He might be injured a lot but the guy has contributed, massively, to a league title and a European run.

Can I call Aaron Ramsey a wage thief?

Players take injections all the time to manage pain, get themselves on the park to contribute. Or just possess plain old fashioned grit and play through the injury and pain.

I believe Roofe's problems lie between his ears. Still debilitating of course, but infuriating when you are a supporter wanting a return on the investment made by the club.

No one plays thru muscle tear injuries, and no injection helps.

It is truly embarrassing.

Morelos is as much a wage thief as Roofe the last 6 months despite the fact ones played games & the other has not. Both equally have contributed nothing to our season so far.

No one plays thru muscle tear injuries, and no injection helps.
Players play injured or with Knocks all the time.

Where are you getting muscle tears from with regards to Roofe?

And injections might not be a long term fix, but they could get you on for a game. If you wanted.

First Rangers player i can remember that i canny wait to see the back of them.

And injections might not be a long term fix, but they could get you on for a game. If you wanted.

He had a calf injury after the semi final against the tims and you could see in the Europa final he was in no fit state to play. Done his calf again in pre-season so it's not niggle injuries that he could just take injections for.

Not being cheeky, but you clearly have no understanding of sports injuries.

All of Roofe's injuries have been reported as muscle strains or tears, calves mainly, as far as I can recall.

You don't take injections for calf or hamstring tears. You simply cannot continue on a torn muscle, you'll break down, the muscle will only tear further to the point you'll do serious long term, or permanent damage.

You can only have started watching Rangers in the last couple of years, if Kemar Roofe is the first player you can't wait to see the back of!

Back