The Great Old Firm shirts

mdingwall

Administrator
What was your favourite? - the 5-1 Ray Wilkins one for me plus the light blue v-neck of the 60s.

Would love to see us bring out a hooped strip harking back to the gallant pioneers days.......... obviously the meltdown would be an added bonus!

1960's was a belter for me and also my first top. Theirs however is almost the same every year except for a subtle difference here and there and always boggin.

Home 92. Might get my legs blown off for this but actually liked the idea (note I didnt say I like it) of how them ones back in the day had numbers on their shorts. Always thought it made shirts 'cleaner' and sort of wish all teams adopted it. Again I didnt say I liked theirs haha

The pictures of theirs make me think of uniforms worn by prisoner chain gangs in various Southern states of the US.

92-94 plus the away kit was amazing as well with the same template as the home except in white. Loved the white top, blue shorts and red socks as well.

As much as I like the traditional black/red socks I remember, I think from early 80s, red socks that had white toes.I think blue/white stripes on top.Was my Cbristmas stocking for years!

Did we take the pinstripes off this top for just the one game v Valletta?

Last edited:
Got me a 92 home still in original packaging. Beautiful. Wanted to wear it at the CL this season but it wasnt quite what I expected.. Maybe next season. Also got the away. Best strips imho

All of ours are nice, all of theirs are stinking imo

But I really love the 92-84 home top. That could be a brand new top today and still look modern (apart from the McEwans Lager, maybe Madri or something like that)

My favourite beggar top was the one that tracked their progress. I think it was sponsored by peoples ford so had red white and blue on it B-D

I remember waiting to see the official team photograph in the paper at the start of the season to find out if we had a new strip, and was always disappointed..
Changed days.

GzRx7ZI.jpg
DCSv5Q4.jpg

Back