Rangers Board Sign Off Ibrox Redevelopment to Boost Disabled Facilities

That's not right, basically most of Rows Y, Z and AA will not be moved. The accessible platforms will be in front of those rows with only a small number of those seats removed to install the access lifts.

The rows mainly affected are going to be in front of Row X.

This isn’t the case in the SJF stand though. AA, Y & Z will definitely come out. That’s about 690 seats. The Plan showed for about 600 coming out.

As per with us though we fire a grande out to the support and don’t actually provide any of the details to those who are going to be impacted the most. Another prime example of why the club continually gets slaughtered for poor communication.

This isn’t the case in the SJF stand though. AA, Y & Z will definitely come out. That’s about 690 seats. The Plan showed for about 600 coming out.

As per with us though we fire a grande out to the support and don’t actually provide any of the details to those who are going to be impacted the most. Another prime example of why the club continually gets slaughtered for poor communication.
Those impacted most will be the disabled fans that will have decent facilities for the first time in decades.

People will have to be moved, it will be inconvenient for them, but the good outweighs the bad, surely?

You are incorrect I'm afraid.

Rows X, Y, Z will definitely be getting moved.

Row AA possibly might remain but will be amenity seating I believe.
In the Broomloan Front the demonstration video showed the back 4 rows remaining in place. The front of those rows is potentially going to be seating for the ambulant disabled.

Won't be any impact at all.

The platform for the current disabled section in BF5 sits a lot higher up than the row of seats in front.
Looking at pics of the current section the height difference doesn't look that big that people standing in front wouldn't impact the view from there?
But never been there so only guessing!

Last edited:
Looking at pics of the current section the height difference doesn't look that big that people standing in front wouldn't impact the view from there?
But never been there so do only guessing!
No.

At best their heads would be in line with the floor of the platform.

The only people stopping safe standing are the members of the board.

But never been there so do only guessing!
There’s no issues with people standing in the area of BF5 in front of the current viewing platform.

I thought it was the back rows that were being used for ambulant seating?

The club really need to come out with a detailed explanation asap.

11.55 into this video. Demonstrates that Rows U, V, W are removed leaving X, Y, Z and AA in place behind, except for the seats removed to install the access lift.

The last 3 rows are nearer 600 seats due to the passageways and entrances at the top two rows.
If the numbers are correct my seat in row x may just be ok but who knows till Rangers give us some details

The last 3 rows are nearer 600 seats due to the passageways and entrances at the top two rows.
If the numbers are correct my seat in row x may just be ok but who knows till Rangers give us some details
I'd love this to be the case as well as I'm row X but I think it will be the back 4 rows that will be removed. AA will be used for non wheelchair disabled then X,Y,& Z used for the wheelchair platform. Just my opinion based on the CF plan in the video and where the stair exit is as it doesn't stick out on our stand.

Those impacted most will be the disabled fans that will have decent facilities for the first time in decades.

People will have to be moved, it will be inconvenient for them, but the good outweighs the bad, surely?
They absolutely should have proper facilities and this is very much a good news story.

However 1000 people are getting moved. There’s been no confirmation of what rows, where they will be getting moved too, what will happen if they are sat in pairs and can’t get two side by side elsewhere. So really there’s a ton of stuff that needed fleshed out and should have been done rather than this half story that we actually got.

Here's hoping the funding for the cantilevers is found and done at the same time this summer. I've said on this thread before I'm row X of CF2 and have built up a good friendship with those around me. Hopefully it's a case of being shifted up to the new seating at the cantilever above us and still sitting with the same group.

I'd love this to be the case as well as I'm row X but I think it will be the back 4 rows that will be removed. AA will be used for non wheelchair disabled then X,Y,& Z used for the wheelchair platform. Just my opinion based on the CF plan in the video and where the stair exit is as it doesn't stick out on our stand.
I'm in row x also, we're getting bumped[url=https://ibb.co/tzWj731][/URL]

Here's hoping the funding for the cantilevers is found and done at the same time this summer. I've said on this thread before I'm row X of CF2 and have built up a good friendship with those around me. Hopefully it's a case of being shifted up to the new seating at the cantilever above us and still sitting with the same group.
Doubt it bud, they'll be sold for hospitality

This is an old pic as it doesn't have the Bar72 overhang seats but gives decent close up of the Sandy Jardine front Exits and the rows from the wall down. I can only see it being at least the first 4 rows (AA, Z, Y & X) to have 1 row of seats against the wall and then the next 3 rows for the wheelchair users and companions platform.

There isn't any new Seats in the SJ being installed so will be interesting to find out the plan for us in regards to seating us elsewhere.

https://i.ibb.co/WtH95Mm/glasgow-rangers-Ibrox-north-side-railway-stand-2-july-1999-legendary-football-grounds.jpg

Edit - can't get the image to embed for some reason

Last edited:
I've kinda missed the chatter on this, seems like a good move overall. Has it been confirmed that work for accessible sections in the three stands will start next summer? Hopefully those who are being forced to move will be sorted out by the club.

I am row x in BF4 recon ill be moved I thought row x was the last row to be left then rows w onwards will be removed ?

As far as i can see from the seating plan in the sandy jardine front , rows y z and aa add up to 550.
The AGM stated that 549 seats would be moved.
That amount is the seats that will be lost (removed) to make way not the amount of people to be moved. So if they retain AA seats for non wheelchair disabled then the next 3 rows of seats will be removed for the platform leaving row W onwards untouched for existing ST Holders.

It's all guesswork just now until a more detailed plan is revealed, @Greg Marshall replied earlier in the thread saying he will work on a more detailed comms for us prior to the individual comms we will receive later. Not sure when that will be though.

If we don't get offered the new seats then it will be scandlous cos I ain't forking out more money for a ST to sit up in the shitty CD.

Speculation on moves, what rows are involved and people getting annoyed is only going to get worse the longer its left.

It should have been done at the time of the announcement.
A quick email out to those getting moved is all it takes.

Leaving it until renewal time isnt helping anyone in my opinion.

Not read the whole thread, but if people are being relocated, I reckon we take the chance to rip up the process and start again.

Add safe standing into the BF or CF.

Scratch the legacy seating agreements.

Open up MyGers and do top down choice of seating again until everyone is allocated. Windows per tier and pick away until we’re done.

You can’t just take a host of people and punt them in CD7 from GR4 and expect it will be well received.

Not read the whole thread, but if people are being relocated, I reckon we take the chance to rip up the process and start again.

Open up MyGers and do top down choice of seating again until everyone is allocated. Windows per tier and pick away until we’re done.

You can’t just take a host of people and punt them in CD7 from GR4 and expect it will be well received.
All those posters who have previously replied with suck it up lads will be filling up with rage at this post :D

Hopefully they do this to see the outrage from the suck it up lot

It's hard to tell from the images in our stand, the 2nd last row is about level to the platform at top of the stairs and may be the hight for the wheelchair users.I don't think the AA row will remain as it is. If so it should be within the total seat moves.
Non wheelchair helpers will sit next them, possibly from the 2nd last row extending forward. One òr two companions seats per wheelchair looking at the drawings behind the goals.
Who knows who will be moved until details are released.

It's hard to tell from the images in our stand, the 2nd last row is about level to the platform at top of the stairs and may be the hight for the wheelchair users.I don't think the AA row will remain as it is. If so it should be within the total seat moves.
Non wheelchair helpers will sit next them, possibly from the 2nd last row extending forward. One òr two companions seats per wheelchair looking at the drawings behind the goals.
Who knows who will be moved until details are released.
We are all just guessing at the moment. The current set up in BF5 and the images of the new areas in the video show seats still there behind the viewing platform. Some of those seats will be for companions of the wheelchair users, some will be for those that have mobility issues but don‘t need wheelchairs. We don’t know if all of those seats will be allocated for those reasons though, so it’s just a guessing game until we get more information.

Actually a good idea for a seat reset, get peoples families with ST's seated together, get elderly people and those with mobility problems a suitable part of ground where they can sit and watch the match without people standing in front them etc.

aye brilliant, why upset 1.5k folk when you can piss off 50k

Would it not be far more fair and reasonable?

Over the years, people have ended up in seats they don’t want/preferred, due to the disjointed process at play.

Why not a 5-10 year refresh?

They force MyGers, let’s use it to allow people to rehouse themselves.

It creates a level of parity that doesn’t exist right now.

It also removes the challenge on people being shifted for the UB, which is also required.

Take this an opportunity to reset and hopefully recharge the whole set up.

In addition to the wheelchair spaces there will be amenity seating for the ambulant disabled ergo covering those you allude to.
Please can you tell me what the alternative will be for a 85 year old (not disabled) but aged, being moved from row x in Sandy Jardine Front.
I don't see an alternative which doesn't entail climbing up and down multiple sets of stairs.
Surely this must have been discussed and if not why not.

Please can you tell me what the alternative will be for a 85 year old (not disabled) but aged.
I don't see an alternative which doesn't entail climbing up and down multiple sets of stairs.
Surely this must have been discussed and if not why not.
Good to see you posting on here at that age , much respect to you sir.

I agree and I hope the club will engage with everyone over what seat might suit them rather than just randomly firing you up the club deck.

Guy I know is 79 and has sat in same seat for 41 years and is being kicked out.

Would it not be far more fair and reasonable?

Over the years, people have ended up in seats they don’t want/preferred, due to the disjointed process at play.

Why not a 5-10 year refresh?

They force MyGers, let’s use it to allow people to rehouse themselves.

It creates a level of parity that doesn’t exist right now.

It also removes the challenge on people being shifted for the UB, which is also required.

Take this an opportunity to reset and hopefully recharge the whole set up.

You have a pish seat, no pals around you and a shit load of my gers points by any chance ?

You have a pish seat, no pals around you and a shit load of my gers points by any chance ?

Not at all.

But I’m not sure the current system works and just randomly relocating a host of people isn’t quite a fair process either, is it?

Im still in disbelief that the board are actually reducing the capacity of Ibrox to under 50k for the first time in decades and when there is a clear demand for more tickets, not less!!!

11k seats behind Celtic is no joke. Aside from anything else it’s millions more in extra ticket revenue when compared to us.

It’s absolutely crazy. Nobody has an issue with improving facilities for the disabled but there had to be a better way than this.

As far as i can see from the seating plan in the sandy jardine front , rows y z and aa add up to 550.
The AGM stated that 549 seats would be moved.
Does the presentation not show the changes in the rear sections of the stands?
Its great that they are doing this but it should be done in conjunction with the additional non-disabled seating it’s madness to reduce capacity when as it stands the stadium is too small.

I'm not in a wheelchair but have mobility issues, which is why I moved from Main stand rear to Govan front 6 years ago. I sit in row X of govan front so likely will be moved, how will the club identify people like me to try and keep us away from the rear sections of the ground and club deck? Also my 10 year old daughters seat is two seats behind me in row Z, will she be moved with me? There should be a proper consultation with fans affected by this even if it means work being delayed as there are too many variable circumstances which affects where people can be reasonably moved to. No way should elderly people and people with mobility issues be even asked to entertain rear sections of the ground or club deck.

In addition to the wheelchair spaces there will be amenity seating for ambulant disabled like yourself. The proposals will make things far easier for those like yourself.

Of course the Club will be consulting with those who will be affected but there's a lot of work to be done and factors outwith the Clubs control before that can be done.

I doubt if the club will give a monkey's, looks like my old pal and I will get punted from ours , anywhere where there's stairs are a no no for him, can't see the club being obliging as we're just customers to them

What's being proposed would make things easier for your old pal not harder.

Another thing about being row AA in Broomloan Front (and the other stands too, I assume) is how far the extension to the Rear stands above come down.

Like others have said, I'm in BF because I want to stand at the football. Depending on the overhang from BR, it might end up not being possible to stand and still see the full park. Which will be a pisser because everybody else in BF will still be standing.

Hopefully the Club have factored that in to their plans.

You will see the whole pitch while standing in back row. The cantilever is a shallower angle than the existing BR.

The seats next to the wheelchair spaces are companion seats for the wheelchair fans companion/assistant/carer etc however the seats behind or rather some of them (first row I assume) will be amenity seating. There will be a similar amount of amenity seats as there will wherlchair spaces. They’re basically seats with easier access for people with mobility issues but don't require a wheelchair it's something we've been striving for for years.

I think your posts cover all things disabled.
However see post 686.
None of your posts cover what I am saying.
I am thankfully not a wheelchair user or carer or ambulatory disabled.
I am though at 85 years aged, and face being moved from a seat that can be reached with 6 steps up from the concourse to one that can only be reached after many multiples of that.
I feel that the club have rightly moved to help one disadvantaged group but in doing so we have not fully recognised that we have put obstacles in the way of finding suitable seats for another group who are being forced to move.

I think your posts cover all things disabled.
However see post 686.
None of your posts cover what I am saying.
I am thankfully not a wheelchair user or carer or ambulatory disabled.
I am though at 85 years aged, and face being moved from a seat that can be reached with 6 steps up from the concourse to one that can only be reached after many multiples of that.
I feel that the club have rightly moved to help one disadvantaged group but in doing so we have not fully recognised that we have put obstacles in the way of finding suitable seats for another group who are being forced to move.

You may end up with a seat less than 6 steps up.

What obstacles have placed in the way of finding a suitable seat? If anything that process will be aided.

Im still in disbelief that the board are actually reducing the capacity of Ibrox to under 50k for the first time in decades and when there is a clear demand for more tickets, not less!!!

11k seats behind Celtic is no joke. Aside from anything else it’s millions more in extra ticket revenue when compared to us.

It’s absolutely crazy. Nobody has an issue with improving facilities for the disabled but there had to be a better way than this.

Ok what's the better way then because I've been involved in this process for the better part of 2 decades and this is by far and away the best solution that's ever been suggested?

The sticking point in providing adequate disabled facilities has always been the capacity reduction this is the only realistic plan that's negated that let alone actually increased capacity.

Not at all.

But I’m not sure the current system works and just randomly relocating a host of people isn’t quite a fair process either, is it?

Not sure what current system you mean? The same system that works for every arena ticket purchase in the world?

I wouldn’t get the shoddy treatment about to befall over a 1000 of our loyal supporters mixed up. The two aren’t related.

As for ripping it all up and allocating the best seats via MyGers. No thanks. Some of our older bears would have enough MyGers points to go to the moon and back if it had always been a thing.

We have managed to blur what should have been a 100% positive with a press release worthy of the Australia tournament.

Back