Manager on transfer targets for January

Not being cheeky, but you clearly have no understanding of sports injuries.

All of Roofe's injuries have been reported as muscle strains or tears, calves mainly, as far as I can recall.

You don't take injections for calf or hamstring tears. You simply cannot continue on a torn muscle, you'll break down, the muscle will only tear further to the point you'll do serious long term, or permanent damage.

You can only have started watching Rangers in the last couple of years, if Kemar Roofe is the first player you can't wait to see the back of!
I looked up a list of his injuries before i posted that and not one specified tears. Although you are correct in saying he has had a lot of calf injuries.

There is also umpteen examples of people playing through these injuries, and especially strains (that you just slipped into your argument there for the first time). I looked that up as well.

I think he is at it. You dont. Fair enough.

I looked up a list of his injuries before i posted that and not one specified tears. Although you are correct in saying he has had a lot of calf injuries.

There is also umpteen examples of people playing through these injuries, and especially strains (that you just slipped into your argument there for the first time). I looked that up as well.

A muscle strain in your calf or hamstring is a tear.
With Roofe it's constant calf strains / tears.
You cannot run them off, or take an injection and play thru the pain barrier.
That's not an opinion, it's a fact, but you carry on castigating false aspersions against Roofe, as you wish!

Just total fucking nonsense really.

He might be injured a lot but the guy has contributed, massively, to a league title and a European run.

I’d still move him on in the summer but to call him a “wage thief” is pathetic.

As I said before opinions vary.

Roofe played a big part in our title success two seasons ago. There has been a few references to Beale putting a certain degree of emphasis on him in recent comments, so maybe he'll feature more.

How on earth can he feature more if he’s never fit FFS, why can’t people get this through their heads, he got fit played one game and now he’s gone again….

How on earth can he feature more if he’s never fit FFS, why can’t people get this through their heads, he got fit played one game and now he’s gone again….
I don't know, but much has been made of the manager referring to him often.

And you thinking I’m angry with a footballer is once again just your opinion.

At the very least it’s completely misguided, at the worst it’s downright stupidity.

You mention John Souttar in your original post, a player that’s managed one game for us and yet go on to call out Kemar Roofe for being a “wage thief” despite presenting no evidence as to how or why you’ve came to this conclusion.

I’m not saying Souttar is a wage thief either btw.

However, it just shows the absurdity of your argument that you’d call out a guy that’s played a part in us winning a league title and going on two substantial runs in Europe over someone who’s played one competitive game for the club.

At the very least it’s completely misguided, at the worst it’s downright stupidity.

You mention John Souttar in your original post, a player that’s managed one game for us and yet go on to call out Kemar Roofe for being a “wage thief” despite presenting no evidence as to how or why you’ve came to this conclusion.

I’m not saying Souttar is a wage thief either btw.

However, it just shows the absurdity of your argument that you’d call out a guy that’s played a part in us winning a league title and going on two substantial runs in Europe over someone who’s played one competitive game for the club.

Okay, I’ll respect your opinion. I don’t agree with it but I have no issue seeing your point of view.

I try to put myself in one of the players shoes…they did not grow up a Rangers fan or grew up in Scotland but signed for the club and had some success on say £25k a week

Do we honestly think loyalty comes into it when agents are whispering in those players ears to run down their deals and sign for a club down south for wages we could only dream off, especially as there is no fee so a signing on fee could be millions for them.

But in saying that i do however expect a player to be professional, stay in shape and do his job, Morelos will end up at some championship club or mid table foreign team and will probably float from club to club every couple of years until he retires, but when he does retire he will regret the way his Rangers career ended, we will see him again in 20 years or so when his book comes out on his time with us (yes Marco Negri, i am looking at you).

Kent on the other hand is an enigma, he has the tools but loses confidence every 360 minutes, if he can’t be productive over the course of a season against SPFL teams then he has no chance in England, they will chew him up down there

It’s ok Wilson went in to the Souttar signing wilth his eyes wide open 10-15 k a week on a guy to keep the treatment room open hes not even that good to begin with.
no way hes on 10 15 a week and is just a squad player

he was getting offered 20-25 from blackburn

I don’t necessarily agree with this viewpoint.

Much as I hate mentioning the tinkers, their new manager came in to a total shambles Lennon had left. The turnover of players was massive. But they still managed to win the title back in year 1.

Yes they spent a bit of money but it wasn’t tens of millions.

If Beale is going to work out for us we will see signs early doors. Yes the next two windows are huge but I want the league next season and we need to win a cup this season otherwise the Tinkers have another treble. It can be done.
the out of contracts shouldn't be renewed sick of hearing the, we need guys about to tell the new players what it means to play for rangers

im sure beale will be drilling that into any new players week in week out

I try to put myself in one of the players shoes…they did not grow up a Rangers fan or grew up in Scotland but signed for the club and had some success on say £25k a week

Do we honestly think loyalty comes into it when agents are whispering in those players ears to run down their deals and sign for a club down south for wages we could only dream off, especially as there is no fee so a signing on fee could be millions for them.

But in saying that i do however expect a player to be professional, stay in shape and do his job, Morelos will end up at some championship club or mid table foreign team and will probably float from club to club every couple of years until he retires, but when he does retire he will regret the way his Rangers career ended, we will see him again in 20 years or so when his book comes out on his time with us (yes Marco Negri, i am looking at you).

Kent on the other hand is an enigma, he has the tools but loses confidence every 360 minutes, if he can’t be productive over the course of a season against SPFL teams then he has no chance in England, they will chew him up down there
They will. But from his perspective he'll have the big signing on fee sitting in the bank and probably at least double his weekly wage regardless.

He's also off the back of a great Europa League run in which he played a major part - a massive bargaining chip for his agent.

If I'm Ryan Kent, I'm doing exactly the same thing and setting myself up for life.

So if Everton don't buckle and stump up a figure that we've pulled seemingly out of thin air, we should take Kent who, despite his form, is capable of changing games, tale him out of team that struggling, away from Michael Beale who is the guy who made him the player we know he is and put him in the 23s, whilst presumably not using him in squads for the rest of his contract, whilst paying him tens of thousands of pounds?

Whit?
The boy thinks it’s 1991 still

He shouldn’t have been allowed to get to the last 6 months of his deal it’s as simple as that.

He’s been honking for best part of a year at least so why should we rely on him?
Mate, respectfully, you’ve been talking complete and utter archaic nonsense for pages now.

You just don’t punt a £7m 25k/week game changer down to the youth team because he’s not resigning.

Try adopt the mindset of at least honouring a contract

no way hes on 10 15 a week and is just a squad player

he was getting offered 20-25 from blackburn
I heard he was offered big money to go to Blackburn but signed for us for less I believe he’s somewhere in the region of what I’ve quoted

Regardless 5k a week is too much with the amount hes been available.

Mate, respectfully, you’ve been talking complete and utter archaic nonsense for pages now.

You just don’t punt a £7m 25k/week game changer down to the youth team because he’s not resigning.

Respectfully we do what’s best for the team and the club he’s done nothing of note in the League for over a year why should we hope he’s going to be a world beater while he runs his contract down?

I personally think he will be gone before the end of the window.

Do what I did mate, stick him on ignore, you no longer have to read continuously angry nonsense.

The thread becomes better. Constructive criticism is one thing and should be welcomed. Constant angry chatter slagging off the board and everything else just becomes tiring.

Park’s comments where that the players want too much money.
Too much for us to give is how it might be better put; they could quite naturally earn more elsewhere, and may have decided it's their time to take that opportunity. Kent, money aside, may have ambitions to play in the EPL, and may think this is his time to do it if it ever is going to happen. It's a pity we won't a return on these players, but we're not the only ones it happens to, and we can profit from that kind of thing happening elsewhere as well.

Muscle injuries are probably the ones that can reoccur quite easily, I know this from minor personal experience compared to Roofe. What we shouldn't overlook is the effect constant niggles have on players; it's not really relevant whether we do that or not, but it stop the easy use of that term "wage thief".

Muscle injuries are probably the ones that can reoccur quite easily, I know this from minor personal experience compared to Roofe. What we shouldn't overlook is the effect constant niggles have on players; it's not really relevant whether we do that or not, but it stop the easy use of that term "wage thief".
I have never called him a 'wage thief' but if someone did, i wouldn't have a major issue with it. We are all allowed an opinion.

I do think he is 'at it' mind you.

What i also did say, is that i thought the problem was most likely between his ears, what you are kind of (i think) alluding to.

I have said my piece on him, spent a good part of yesterday doing so. I will bow out of the conversation re Roofe for today.

I have never called him a 'wage thief' but if someone did, i wouldn't have a major issue with it. We are all allowed an opinion.

I do think he is 'at it' mind you.

What i also did say, is that i thought the problem was most likely between his ears, what you are kind of (i think) alluding to.

I have said my piece on him, spent a good part of yesterday doing so. I will bow out of the conversation re Roofe for today.
I only took your post in singularity, and "wage thief" reference was made in general. I should also add I didn't view what you wrote on that post as being overtly critical of Roofe either.

Too much for us to give is how it might be better put; they could quite naturally earn more elsewhere, and may have decided it's their time to take that opportunity. Kent, money aside, may have ambitions to play in the EPL, and may think this is his time to do it if it ever is going to happen. It's a pity we won't a return on these players, but we're not the only ones it happens to, and we can profit from that kind of thing happening elsewhere as well.

Agree on all points, my post refencing someone slabbering about how Park had to step in for Wilson.

We benefit from cross border deals like Aribo and Bassey and we have had more than our moneys worth out of Alfie. Kent, good luck to him. If he goes to the EPL maybe he will play better against teams that open up but the Ryan Kent that I have watched this season well I don’t see him setting the EPL on fire.

Agree on all points, my post refencing someone slabbering about how Park had to step in for Wilson.

We benefit from cross border deals like Aribo and Bassey and we have had more than our moneys worth out of Alfie. Kent, good luck to him. If he goes to the EPL maybe he will play better against teams that open up but the Ryan Kent that I have watched this season well I don’t see him setting the EPL on fire.
Maybe Kent needs a fresh challenge, and if he gets that he might become a player again.

Maybe, or maybe he will play the way he did at Freiburg and Bristol.
True, but we gave him "solidity", as we did Tavernier. I don't mind losing Kent if he wants to go, especially if he wants to go, and he leaves a far better player, overall, than when he arrived.

Has there been any mention of transfer targets anywhere in this thread?

I've only read the last three or four pages, some of it quite informative, but I'm struggling to find anything relevant to the thread title.

Respectfully we do what’s best for the team and the club he’s done nothing of note in the League for over a year why should we hope he’s going to be a world beater while he runs his contract down?

I personally think he will be gone before the end of the window.
You think putting him in the reserves is what’s best for the team?

Deary me

You think putting him in the reserves is what’s best for the team?

Deary me
No selling him and recouping some sort of fee is what’s best did the team if he refused to move then yeah put him in the reserves.

He’s hardly set the league alight in the last 18 months has he.

No selling him and recouping some sort of fee is what’s best did the team if he refused to move then yeah put him in the reserves.

He’s hardly set the league alight in the last 18 months has he

It is up to Kent where he wants to go and there a million factors in deciding where that is, of which we have a right to insist on exactly zero.

No one is arguing with your assesment of his season. He can change games, he is one of maybe 3/4 we have capable of doing so in a squad of 20-odd. All of them are out of form/injured, do we do the same with all of them? Who do we play instead?

It is up to Kent where he wants to go and there a million factors in deciding where that is, of which we have a right to insist on exactly zero.

No one is arguing with your assesment of his season. He can change games, he is one of maybe 3/4 we have capable of doing so in a squad of 20-odd. All of them are out of form/injured, do we do the same with all of them? Who do we play instead?

My main concern is his level of commitment if he’s signed a pre contract elsewhere which he potentially has already agreed too.

Kent as a player on his game I would always have in my team but not a half arsed not committed one.

If he’s leaving I would rather not use him.

I dont know this as gospel. But i do not believe roofe has been injured the time he has during gios period. There is no way beales 1st day back and roofe is suddenly fit.

My main concern is his level of commitment if he’s signed a pre contract elsewhere which he potentially has already agreed too.

Kent as a player on his game I would always have in my team but not a half arsed not committed one.

If he’s leaving I would rather not use him.
We would be a lot worse off today if that was how we decided to treat Connor Goldson this time last year. Instead, we respected that it was a huge decision for him and his family.

Whilst Ryan Kent's loss of form and confidence can be questioned, his attitude and commitment absolutely cannot. I'm confident that Michael Beale will be able to get a tune out of him again, and if so, I'd be delighted with him extending his contract.

We would be a lot worse off today if that was how we decided to treat Connor Goldson this time last year. Instead, we respected that it was a huge decision for him and his family.

Whilst Ryan Kent's loss of form and confidence can be questioned, his attitude absolutely cannot. I'm confident that Michael Beale will be able to get a tune out of him again, and if so, I'd be delighted with him extending his contract.
If Goldson had have got a better offer he would have been off don’t kid yourself.

Kent I would happily keep but if we can’t afford him or he wants to go which it’s looking like it’s better we try recoup something for him.

Out of them all Kent will be the biggest miss as he is a proper game changer on his day the Scum we’re absolutely terrified of him.

He’s hardly set the league alight in the last 18 months has he.
So if we can’t sell him we put him in the reserves… absolute bonkers

If he refuses to move 100% we only need players who are committed he’s going to be giving nothing like 100% for his last 6 months.
But we’d still be paying a game changer 25k/week.

You have no idea what percentage he would be giving

Even when not 100%, kent is better than every option we have on the left

But we’d still be paying a game changer 25k/week.

You have no idea what percentage he would be giving

Even when not 100%, kent is better than every option we have on the left
He’s probably on more than that to be fair as If he was only on 25 k we would have scope to keep him that’s if he actually had any intention of staying.

It’s up to us to bring in someone to fill his position which with his league for over the last 18 months wouldn’t be that difficult as he’s saved his performances for Europe.

He’s probably on more than that to be fair as If he was only on 25 k we would have scope to keep him that’s if he actually had any intention of staying.

It’s up to us to bring in someone to fill his position which with his league for over the last 18 months wouldn’t be that difficult as he’s saved his performances for Europe.
But we need other positions strengthen far more urgently and desperately in January than Kent’s (LW)

But we need other positions strengthen far more urgently and desperately in January than Kent’s (LW)
Tell me why we would miss him so much going by his recent league form?

I don’t trust our recruitment team but I am pretty sure Beale and his back room staff will have a few players up their sleeve.

How much of a wage did we pay him out of interest? Or are you fuming that Juventus didn't get value out of the 100% of wage that they paid him?
Did they? Could you direct me to that information.

In lieu of your reply, he was utter shite on the park.

Back