Luis Lopes (Duk)

I actually think the quality of the "other" teams in the league is at its lowest for a while.

I was thinking the other day of how we'd picked up Thomson and Whittaker from Hibs, Broadfoot from St Mirren and so on in Walters second spell and what their equivalents are now and the quality just isn't there.

Agreed, the league is so so poor. Any half decent player that comes through from one of the other clubs quickly makes their way down south or to Italy and it’s hard to blame them with the quality of the league here.

Seems a decent player. Much like Boyle at Hivs, has pace and stands out in a poor team. Don’t think he’s quite what we need.

They are far from skint Cormak is wadded and they got 8-9 million between Ramsey and Ferguson.

He’s not worth anywhere near what they would want for him.

Absolutely anonymous against us at Ibrox.
I always thought Aluko was anonymous against against when we played them and never took any notice of him. He was then exceptional for us. Not saying Duk would be the same but I wouldn't write him off just because he didn't do much against us.

They are far from skint Cormak is wadded and they got 8-9 million between Ramsey and Ferguson.

He’s not worth anywhere near what they would want for him.

Absolutely anonymous against us at Ibrox.
Apart from setting up their goal that day.

He was a really good player for Benfica B. I was surprised Aberdeen managed to get him and for so cheap. When you look at what they paid for Jota, their careers had a similiar trajectory.

I always thought Aluko was anonymous against against when we played them and never took any notice of him. He was then exceptional for us. Not saying Duk would be the same but I wouldn't write him off just because he didn't do much against us.

Add Kamara and Jack to that.

Probably be a better signing that some of our recent "projects". His stats are pretty decent but (like many on here) I have only seen him a couple of times.

Better option than Wright, if he was available on a free it would be a decent move but no chance we're dealing with that shower.

I like the look of this boy,a strong runner,skillful and a good scoring record in a poor Aberdeen team.I think he would be worth taking a punt on.
We should spend a bit to get him before he becomes unaffordable. His record for Benfica B and for Aberdeen is excellent. Would have thought Ross Wilson would have been capable of unearthing a cheap talent from Benfica B though. Hardly Mars.

Has looked decent against us, but we’ve made mistakes before in signing players who do well against us though.

Haven’t seen him in any other matches so be unfair to comment really.

Add Kamara and Jack to that.

Probably be a better signing that some of our recent "projects". His stats are pretty decent but (like many on here) I have only seen him a couple of times.
Kris Boyd would be another. Even though he scored plenty for Killie I just didn't fancy him. After his first game for us I knew that we had a guy that would score 30 goals a season.

I actually think the quality of the "other" teams in the league is at its lowest for a while.

I was thinking the other day of how we'd picked up Thomson and Whittaker from Hibs, Broadfoot from St Mirren and so on in Walters second spell and what their equivalents are now and the quality just isn't there.
I reckon you have a point mate having watched our recent matches v Aberdeen , Hibs , Motherwell and some scabby other mhob we haven’t seen a decent team yet .

Sadly that includes us lol

I think the guy would do well for us. Aberdeen, however, would be asking for stupid money, so its no-go.

Back