Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. All of the lassie's matches should be live-streamed on Youtube or the like
Agreed. I understand sometimes it won’t be possibly due to legalities or what not, but it’s 15:00 on a Sunday.

Quite a few folk asked me if they could watch the game today, as you’d expect the club to show it on RTV. Even for a couple of quid.

Agreed. I understand sometimes it won’t be possibly due to legalities or what not, but it’s 15:00 on a Sunday.

Quite a few folk asked me if they could watch the game today, as you’d expect the club to show it on RTV. Even for a couple of quid.
Maybe the men's game being at 4 is the issue. Not sure whether we have the facility to run two different streams.

Fl9vt2UXgAAunb0

The 3 young girls who signed professional contracts in the summer have been excellent. Why can't something similar happen in the men's team?

Putting double figures on a uni side is a total waste of time for all involved.

It’s going to happen more often than not for a number of years until other teams start catching up. It’s only a few years ago we were losing heavily to City, Hibs etc. We’re lucky enough to be in a financial position like no other.

It’s going to happen more often than not for a number of years until other teams start catching up. It’s only a few years ago we were losing heavily to City, Hibs etc. We’re lucky enough to be in a financial position like no other.
Something the current board should be applauded for, to be honest. Won’t get the credit they deserve for it.

Something the current board should be applauded for, to be honest. Won’t get the credit they deserve for it.

All started with Dave King, he noted we weren’t the best team and sat down with Women’s and Girls manager Amy McDonald and asked how do we make Rangers the dominant women’s team in Scotland because we can’t accept Rangers being second/third/fourth best at something we should be doing better at, and it all went from there. The entire culture at the club changed, some extremely hard decisions were made over the initial period and of course some mistakes but if you want to be the best then it has to happen, and fortunately now we’re starting to reap the rewards.

All started with Dave King, he noted we weren’t the best team and sat down with Women’s and Girls manager Amy McDonald and asked how do we make Rangers the dominant women’s team in Scotland because we can’t accept Rangers being second/third/fourth best at something we should be doing better at, and it all went from there. The entire culture at the club changed, some extremely hard decisions were made over the initial period and of course some mistakes but if you want to be the best then it has to happen, and fortunately now we’re starting to reap the rewards.
Interesting. The way it should be, a whole ethos going right through the club.

Hopefully we can start making progress in Europe as the project continues, ideally our success and ambition starts to trickle down to the other teams. I appreciate that’s different as they don’t have the resources, but still.

The result is immaterial given the opposition. You just have to look at passing/movement/finishing and we tick all the boxes there.

Emma Watson from 6.16 onward, though, is pretty special. Pace and power to collect the ball on the halfway line and set up wee McLeary's 3rd goal. Then a brilliant finish for her own goal.

The way it should be.

All Rangers teams should be winners

That's a good post, buddy and credit to Oor Dave. Apart from the odd "burdz fitba's shite" poster I think King's initiative has been great all round and has enhanced us as a club.

Credit too to the manager. After we shat the bed 2 seasons ago I was a "Malky Oot" cheerleader but he really has turned it around and has assembled a great group of girls with a strong work ethic and a great sense of unity.

"Malky Must Stay"

The 3 young girls who signed professional contracts in the summer have been excellent. Why can't something similar happen in the men's team?

They aren’t really tested - so I would maintain we don’t really know. None of them have been given game time in our ‘bigger’ games. They’re certainly fitter and stronger than the vast majority of their opponents and have performed well.

They aren’t really tested - so I would maintain we don’t really know. None of them have been given game time in our ‘bigger’ games. They’re certainly fitter and stronger than the vast majority of their opponents and have performed well.

Apart from scoring or excelling against Benfica in the CL qualifiers

Rumoured they were all on the radar of big English sides

Apart from scoring or excelling against Benfica in the CL qualifiers

Rumoured they were all on the radar of big English sides
In a game where we were schooled - she scored from 4 yards out when the keeper dropped one.

The youngsters may or may not be any good. Judging them based on their performances against Donna from down the park is nonsense.

Interesting but not surprised to see Demi Vance’s big move didn’t go well, she’s left Leicester after 4 months, making just 5 appearances.

Reactions: GF1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back