Paul Murray and Barry Scott Resign

Weird that Jackson has no details if he has a straight line to Murray though, no?

Also Murray and Scott never left after we appointed a Portuguese nobody or when we put an U20’s coach in charge for 6 months, but we are supposed to believe they are now leaving because we are appointing a footballing world superstar in Gerrard?

Doesn’t add up.

We always try and look at the positive in things. As supporters it’s kind of a comfort blanket approach.

I think it’s time we all stepped back a little. We back King because he’s one of us. We’ll get 100% behind Gerrard despite every argument against it.

However, think about it. Things just appear shambolic right now. I’m increasingly concerned about where we are going as a club and no longer have confidence in the board.

I was hammered back in 2012 on here as being one of the few who didn’t buy into Craig Whyte. Let’s not all make the same mistake again.

Something isn’t quite right at the club and it concerns me.

Listen there are no guarantees that it will work.

But the idea that it is absolutely destined to fail is complete bullshit.
No one has said that though.

I'm saying if it was me i'd be giving my millions to a tried and tested manager before a guy who has never managed.

He had other ideas re a manager and doesnt put in cash like the others.

He's a good guy and no doubt tried his best.

Maybe fresh ideas are required.

Tend to agree, Murray is a dyed in the wool bluenose, but King and Park have maybe decided someone on the board had to carry the can for recent underachievement and Murray with no financial input and very little in the way of visible action and progression is probably the one to step aside.

Robertson should follow him, drop-kicked all the way down Edminston Drive.

It is in King's best interests for the share price to rise if he has no appetite to purchase shares after the recent ruling.

Who would sell to him at 20p if they are valued at say.... double that?
Nobody, but isn't that the point? He won't need to shell out for them, just as long as the offer is made.

What he does have to do is build an entire new team just about whilst trying to catch a mob miles in front of us who only have to tweak and have millions also.

Yeah, we all know this. The investors know this too. That's the same whether it's Gerrard or Alex Neil. What's your point then?

It's all very confusing. We will just have to wait a couple of days for more info to come out.

They’re not as far in front of us as the last two results make it look. Sort our home form out and we’re right on their tails.

Also the fact they have millions in the bank is irrelevant because they work to a model that doesn’t allow them to throw big money at transfers.

There’s also an assumption that if they sell one or two of their big players that their replacements will be an upgrade. Doesn’t work like that. Just look at the absolute dross Rodgers spunked the Suarez money on.

He made two very good signings in Dembele and Sinclair that gave them a massive boost but look at the junk he has signed since. Other than the PSG guy (who is on loan) none of them have made an impact.

Agreed. Also, one season without Champions League cash would be pretty damaging for them, considering their wage bill. Taking aside our shambles of a managerial appointment history, the fact they qualified for the past two seasons has been a massive blow for us in terms of 'closing the gap' so to speak. They will be selling their 'star' players rather than buying any more if they fail to reach the group stages of the CL or EL.

It's now going to be harder for them to qualify so hopefully they get knocked out of European competition altogether before any of the two competition's group stages begin, and we'll see how it affects them.

The gap right now is pretty big on and off the park, but that can all change pretty quickly over the course of one season in my opinion. That's why we MUST get it right in terms of player recruitment this summer. We need to make sure we're right there on their tails waiting to pounce if/when they start to falter. We had a pretty good chance this season to be honest when we probably shouldn't have, but that's just going over old ground that's been visited many times these past few weeks!

Paul Murray is a real Rangers man. What does he know that we don’t ? I think these are worrying times

I'm a real Rangers man. Doesn't mean I'm the best man to sit on the board

What is it the experienced businessmen who remain on the board know that we don't?

I don't think these resignations are worrying the way Walter stepping down from being Chairman was. We're not in the situation.

Yeah, we all know this. The investors know this too. That's the same whether it's Gerrard or Alex Neil. What's your point then?
The same as it was at the start of this debate.

If i was pumping in millions i'd be giving it to a tried and tested manager, not a rookie .

Sorry, if this has been covered already on the thread, but has either Murray or Scott know to have a good personal relationship with King previously? Is it just purely a 'both want Rangers to do well' situation.

I can imagine the way King goes about business that he'd make friends and enemies pretty easily both within and outwith his companies.

The same as it was at the start of this debate.

If i was pumping in millions i'd be giving it to a tried and tested manager, not a rookie .
There is far more commercial appeal at a club with Steven Gerrard as their manager than there is at one with Alex Neil.

Any investor would rather have that when on the pitch results aren't guaranteed regardless of manager.

Why would both directors have to resign to make way for fresh investment and new directors?

There's not a limit to the amount of directors we're allowed.
To have a better share of the vote? Which may be a condition of the potential investment.

We always try and look at the positive in things. As supporters it’s kind of a comfort blanket approach.

I think it’s time we all stepped back a little. We back King because he’s one of us. We’ll get 100% behind Gerrard despite every argument against it.

However, think about it. Things just appear shambolic right now. I’m increasingly concerned about where we are going as a club and no longer have confidence in the board.

I was hammered back in 2012 on here as being one of the few who didn’t buy into Craig Whyte. Let’s not all make the same mistake again.

This 100%.

How many times have we missed warning signs and shouted down those who don't follow the party line? Only to collectively go into meltdown when it all goes tits up.

Even valid questioning of Gerrard's appointment is being treated like some sort of mentally challenged anti-Rangers PR.

It goes all the way down to the small things. We had people on here tying themselves in knots to defend Pena and basically deny he was a piss head ffs.

If I've learnt anything in the last 5 years it is to question EVERYTHING that goes on at Rangers.

This 100%.

How many times have we missed warning signs and shouted down those who don't follow the party line? Only to collectively go into meltdown when it all goes tits up.

Even valid questioning of Gerrard's appointment is being treated like some sort of mentally challenged anti-Rangers PR.

It goes all the way down to the small things. We had people on here tying themselves in nots to defend Pena and basically deny he was a piss head ffs.

If I've learnt anything in the last 5 years it is to question EVERYTHING that goes on at Rangers.
The belief amongst everyone I have spoken to is that Gerrard must have been promised at least 10m

No chance he takes the job to coach shite like Pena and Herrera

Bears trying to be optimistic when one of the men that helped the Three Bears steps down from our Board is totally baffling me.

We are searching for positive aspects to this and I can find none.

Good grief we have supporters calling that man a buffoon on this thread.

I'm really not liking the timing and the side notes to this at all.

Last edited:
Just back from the TO renewing our two ST and I walk into this shit, what the hell is going on at Ibrox the uplift most felt in regard to the new manager for me has gone, P. Murray the man who spent years fighting the scum who wanted our club killed stone dead, forced out ,and god knows who will replace him.

Paul Murray's been unhappy with the ways things are going for a while now mate.I simply don't believe it's a mere restructuring move.

Is this what's brought on the almost daily attacks on King by Keith Jackson? Its been relentless and vicious, would hate to think Paul Murray was orchestrating that instead of sorting it out privately.

Allen has already said the manager has the final say, do you think Gerrard is going to come here to be lumped with the kind of signings we have been making ?

Do you think we're going to continue to make the same kind of signings if we have further investment?

Do you honesty think Mark Allen is going to continue to look at the Mexican league as the point of contact for who we sign and present them to the manager for final say?

Have a wee step back and think about it.

Agreed. Also, one season without Champions League cash would be pretty damaging for them, considering their wage bill. Taking aside our shambles of a managerial appointment history, the fact they qualified for the past two seasons has been a massive blow for us in terms of 'closing the gap' so to speak. They will be selling their 'star' players rather than buying any more if they fail to reach the group stages of the CL or EL.

It's now going to be harder for them to qualify so hopefully they get knocked out of European competition altogether before any of the two competition's group stages begin, and we'll see how it affects them.

The gap right now is pretty big on and off the park, but that can all change pretty quickly over the course of one season in my opinion. That's why we MUST get it right in terms of player recruitment this summer. We need to make sure we're right there on their tails waiting to pounce if/when they start to falter. We had a pretty good chance this season to be honest when we probably shouldn't have, but that's just going over old ground that's been visited many times these past few weeks!

Wages have bonuses contingent on the level of play you’re in. Their wages went up by 16m last year because of CL football, so the margin isn’t as big as you think. This of course impacts on the standard of player they can get, though there are no guarantees for any of their signings of CL football so it is up to them to make it.

Just back from the TO renewing our two ST and I walk into this shit, what the hell is going on at Ibrox the uplift most felt in regard to the new manager for me has gone, P. Murray the man who spent years fighting the scum who wanted our club killed stone dead, forced out ,and god knows who will replace him.

Forced out? Was he? Did someone tell you this at the TO?

I'm still nervous. You would imagine whatever PM thinks is best for the Club he would do.

Hopefully he's stepping aside voluntarily. Not on principle. :(

He never took a wage..... How do you replace that kind of commitment?

Very concerning and the bland statement does nothing for me. It's very cold.

This was one of the three Bears after all.
Paul Murray is a top Rangers man who has always done what, in his opinion, is best for Rangers FC.

The three bears providing expertise and a shitload of capital were - and still are - George Letham, George Taylor & Douglas Park.

It is more about egos than anything else. Do not read too much into these resignations.
We have too many Board members in any event.
Having said that both are preferable to Graeme Park, but when your old man is putting the money in, well, a bit like the third son going to the clergy.

This 100%.

It goes all the way down to the small things. We had people on here tying themselves in knots to defend Pena and basically deny he was a piss head ffs.

Spot on.

Bears trying to be optimistic when one of the Three Bears steps down from our Board is totally baffling me.

Bang out of order.

Is this what's brought on the almost daily attacks on King by Keith Jackson? Its been relentless and vicious, would hate to think Paul Murray was orchestrating that instead of sorting it out privately.
I wouldn't imagine Paul Murray has orchestrated anything mate.The guy seems to have too much class for that.

Bears trying to be optimistic when one of the Three Bears steps down from our Board is totally baffling me.

George Letham, George Taylor & Douglas Park. No need to be baffled yet.

Paul Murray was not one of the three Bears.

The Three Bears was made up of Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor

Just back from the TO renewing our two ST and I walk into this shit, what the hell is going on at Ibrox the uplift most felt in regard to the new manager for me has gone, P. Murray the man who spent years fighting the scum who wanted our club killed stone dead, forced out ,and [god knows who will replace him].
Maybee someone with a lot of money..

I'm still nervous. You would imagine whatever PM thinks is best for the Club he would do.

Hopefully he's stepping aside voluntarily. Not on principle. :(

He never took a wage..... How do you replace that kind of commitment?

Very concerning and the bland statement does nothing for me. It's very cold.

This was one of the three Bears after all.
The 3 Bears are Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor.

Yeah. You have missed me being abused for belittling a poster that called PM a useless buffoon.

Crazy. Absolutely crazy that there are Rangers Supporters happy about this news.

Well they say they are Bears when they sign up to FF don't they?

Shambolic is being kind.

We have an information vacuum and seem to be being treated with same sort of keep-at-a-distance disdain as was the case during the David Murray era. I hope we aren't sleepwalking into something horrific as we were back then.

So do you think a big name like Gerrard takes his first job and doesn't have the final say on what players he brings in?

He'll input on who we sign or even final say on some signings which are his preference according to the budget under the structure of our DoF arrangement.

Again, what does this have to do with your initial point about investment?

You've said if you were a millionaire, you'd want an experienced pro. Are you open minded enough to accept that there might be a millionaire out there who is keen to provide funds to a World known footballing name?

It would appear that King is a fan of Gerrard as a manger and he's got at least a few quid. You don't think there might be two people like him on the planet.

Just because you think one way about something you can't imagine (I'm guesing) in more than fantasy (ie being a millionaire) doesn't mean that what you continue to say, is in any way correct.

Of course there are people with money attracted to being alligned with international superstar footballer Steven Gerrard spending their cash.

Back