Paul Murray and Barry Scott Resign

Barry Scott leaving without a replacement is a very bad sign. He represents the investors who loaned the money on the books. King keeps telling us these are "soft loans" and will be converted from debt to shares. Scott leaving abruptly after five months is a sign King has another financial issue he has to deal with.
I'm wondering (and that's all I'm doing) with the takeover panel ruling if King might have had the thought that he'd be as well providing all the funding and investment going forward. Hard to know what to make of it all.

Things will happen quickly tho IMO. If Gerrard isn't appointed before Saturday then the negativity among the fans will become widespread revolt.

Painting scenarios is fine, but people need to wrap it with the: instinct, gut feeling, intuition pish. It isn't a real thing.

The statement doesn't give much away, nothing to go on or read between the lines, which at this stage must be important - regardless of it being either good or bad.

If you don't factually know, then your shitebaggery is tedious.

You absolutely did twist my words.

You asked earlier if we had millions of investment whether it could attract a better calible of manager than we'd previously looked at (ie Neil, McInnes etc)

I said yes.

You then said it's a stain on the copy book of the board that they've gone with a rookie appointment.

The two issues are separate.

There is no investment presently if Gerrard isn't the manager. To suggest that I was agreeing with you that more money gives us other options based on the previous question is wrong. It wasn't the question asked or the one I was answering.

You're rammed the two points together.

My "argument" is based on the facts that we're looking at just now. The board have appointed (are about to appoint - we hope) Gerrard and he has clearly agreed to that on the basis of the investment coming in to the club.

You sitting there saying what you'd do if you were playing fantasy chairman for the day, really has no bearing on the situation.
That would be a stain on their copybook and has absolutely zero to do with anything you said so certainly no twisting of any words unlike your self earlier with both me and another poster m8.

Nothing you have said is based on fact. I have given my opinion you are putting your views over as 'fact' It will be 'fact'when or if it's announced.

Lets see how things progress and hope ar least the story of investment is true.

It's as clear as day when his pal Jackson tweets straight after the announcement. Jackson never mentioned Scott, just Murray.

Some folk simply don't wnt to believe the obvious.

Hmm. Paul Murray’s pal Jackson?

That’ll be the same Keith Jackson who’s mortal enemy Jim Traynor was appointed our PR the first day Murray & co got control?

The same Keith Jackson that was writing billionaire puff pieces about Craig Whyte when Paul Murray was trying to warn people about him.

Again. Hmm.

1) the statement praises PM and thanks him. Don’t make me think you’re one of these here hunks I keep hearing about :)
2) Gilligan was stepping down for personal reasons if I recall. All speculation of course but this appears to be more strategic than that
There's nothing strategic about it.He's unhappy at the running of the club.The hunks are those who dress this up as a masterplan.

That’ll be the same Keith Jackson who’s mortal enemy Jim Traynor was appointed our PR the first day Murray & co got control?

The same Keith Jackson that was writing billionaire puff pieces about Craig Whyte when Paul Murray was trying to warn people about him.

Again. Hmm.
Charles Green appointed Traynor in December 2012.

He's surely asked his opinion on how this will play out in the press and in the general public?

He's head of communications, no the editor of the internal Ibrox Times.

He’s not head of comms, he’s an external media advisor essentially. Honestly, I’ve been a head of comms dealing with announcements of major investment/public purchases and the lawyers write them.

I’m not saying this is one thing or the other, and I don’t particularly care if people slag JT off, but i bet you he has a fairly tough time getting influence into board announcements with all those businessman egos around.

Again. Hmm.
You can hmm all day.

This one isn't up for debate.

I agree, however I’ll just spice it up with what I’ve heard.
Japanese investors are happy with SG.
SG is not happy with a DOF.
And Arsenal HAVE approached Brenda.
I’m not happy with this DOF crap either, if I was SG I’d be asking to have him removed or his role retitled to chief scout. I wasn’t a fan of this DOF pish, it might work for some smaller clubs on the continent but it’s been proven not to work in this country. He’s not exactly brought in much quality has he? The manager should have the first decision on all football matters. Piss off Mark you’re doing a shit job anyway............. Tuppence worth in

Not sure if folk have learned anything since 2012, just stick the heid in the sand and pretend everything is actually good news hasn't worked thus far.

Of course there is loads of conjecture but resigning just now clearly isn't ideal or standard and if it was normal and amicable split it would wait until Gerrard is decided.

He’s not head of comms, he’s an external media advisor essentially. Honestly, I’ve been a head of comms dealing with announcements of major investment/public purchases and the lawyers write them.

I’m not saying this is one thing or the other, and I don’t particularly care if people slag JT off, but i bet you he has a fairly tough time getting influence into board announcements with all those businessman egos around.
I thought L5 handled all our PR which effectively means the same thing in my book but you're likely more informed on these type of issues.

I can bet you there isn’t 1 person in the east (and you can go as far as you want) wanting to bankroll a Stevie G Rangers project.

And if you think there is then pass me what ever the hell you are smoking.

If there is investment from the East (as has been persistently rumoured for a while) then you could ask what is attracting them? There is not amazing cash in Scottish clubs. Unless funding is beyond our wildest dreams, they are not funding us to European glory. We are the Famous. But we’re not that famous in Asia. So what is their reason for giving us money? The obvious answer would be to build our brand to sell at home. And the easiest way to do that is with celebrities. We will not be getting celebrity players unless the funding is stupidly high. But we can get a celebrity manager.

Gerrard sitting in his brogues will get international media. And can be sold in Asia much better than Alex Neil and Alan MacGregor.

I’m not saying it’s genius or even necessarily the best thing for us. But you can easily see why Gerrard and Asian money would be interlinked.

So they both resigned cause new investment from the far East is incoming due to the imminent appointment of Stevie G?

I'm usually an optimist but even I'm not going down that route, lol.

Observing follow follow through the years, the poster Vidmar is certainly someone who can be trusted.

If he's posting information, it won't be made up.

He said that he expects good news.

That would be a stain on their copybook and has absolutely zero to do with anything you said so certainly no twisting of any words unlike your self earlier with both me and another poster m8.

Nothing you have said is based on fact. I have given my opinion you are putting your views over as 'fact' It will be 'fact'when or if it's announced.

Lets see how things progress and hope ar least the story of investment is true.

You're rambling about the board now mate.

Alright. Let's come back when it's fact and you can agree with me then.

2 influential board members suddenly resign, with no explanation forthcoming.
You really need to be an extreme optimist to find a positive from that.
As for Far East investment ? Absolute codswallop.
Who knows where exactly the investment is coming from - but its safe to say that Gerrard is not in discussions with the club based on the existing levels of finance open to the current board. Clearly external investment has been sourced. Gerrard isn't coming to fill his boots with Russell Martins loans and the like. He'll have been told what's happening and the fact that he is signing up suggested to me that things are looking very positive.

Our PR is amateur at best ,it’s a dogs dinner .

Traynor needs to go ,the mans a disaster these days ,his ego controls the statements ,and if we want to save money why oh why do we outsource our PR instead of scouting a professional company that know how the fans think ,Traynors ego is out of control .

There's nothing strategic about it.He's unhappy at the running of the club.The hunks are those who dress this up as a masterplan.

He might be unhappy about certain things. He's certainly been miffed since the McInnes thing fell through.

Is he right to be unhappy though? As I understand it, it was really him who was pushing for McInnes. Should some of his decisions not be questioned if that was his plan because few really wanted it at all.

It might be he disagrees with people and is unhappy. Might not be that the other people are wrong though

Him being unhappy at how he perceives things being run aren't the be all and end all of the resignation.

I'd also hope less finds it's way to the Daily Record now

I suspect Dave King will have wanted this ‘noise’, as he will see it, out of the way before we announce a new manager.
Yea because he knows the media and everyone will be saying its admin 2, that we are sinking and all the usual negative slant we hear bla bla bla, hopefully he just hits them with investment and Gerrard and shuts them all the fck up.

Maybe i am being deluded.

Ok so nobody knows if it’s... good news or bad news.

Yahoos say we are doomed.

But Yahoos have been slating Paul Murray for as long as I can remember.
Now they think he’s a great guy and are now concerned for his welfare.

Guess we will all need to wait a day or two and see what that brings.

Observing follow follow through the years, the poster Vidmar is certainly someone who can be trusted.

If he's posting information, it won't be made up.

He said that he expects good news.
There's been so much shit news that the law of probability states some good news must be due soon...surely?

He might be unhappy about certain things. He's certainly been miffed since the McInnes thing fell through.

Is he right to be unhappy though? As I understand it, it was really him who was pushing for McInnes. Should some of his decisions not be questioned if that was his plan because few really wanted it at all.

It might be he disagrees with people and is unhappy. Might not be that the other people are wrong though

Him being unhappy at how he perceives things being run aren't the be all and end all of the resignation.

I'd also hope less finds it's way to the Daily Record now
I'm not disagreeing with a lot of what you're saying mate.Im only pointing out his resignation isn't some grand master plan.

We'll agree to disagree on that.

I accept you might know about PM’s opinions but I can’t be sure that you’re not spinning them a bit. As for the rest of it, we’ll see.

If you’re a mate of PM, pass on my eternal thanks

I was very much in the anti spiv camp when king and Co managed to squeeze them out. I find myself more and more making excuses for them when quite simply I can’t convince myself anymore.

The people running our club made a lot of promises when they bought their places on the board. Even when they have delivered some sort of success it’s surrounded in half truths (SD payoff) We have a weak executive team that’s only success has been to thwart any fan led involvement in the running of the club.

These latest departures merely fly in the face of the transparency ticket these guys flew in on.

Lawyers don’t write them , they maybe vet them but in my experience do not write !

Last edited:
Panic, panic everywhere!

Can we calm the f*ck down until we know something more concrete either way?

Some seem to love wallowing in misery!

I do tend agree that I can’t see anyway Gerrard is taking the job without money to spend.

Latest posts

Back